Looking for better FPS commands

Solomon

Okay so i thought its time to collect up the commands what one way or another boost the fps.

Soo far i only know these:

* pois

This one turns of distance rendering of points of interests, it boosts up fps a bit and is also helpful to fix a myriad of bugs like the "fake blocks" you can pass throught or building shadows generated throught terrain.

* gfx pp enable 0

This one turns off post processing and can easily net you more fps.

* gfx af 0

This one turns off anisotropic filtering, suprisingly it can net you 30+ fps when you activate it with minimal quality decrease.

gfx dt

This one turns off distant terrain supposedly, havent tested it yet.

Anybody has more tips on bringing out more fps without making the game look like a bad minecraft clone?

word of caution... almost anything that helps will also restrict or turn off something else (basically there is always a cost). good luck and try "trees" once temp turns of tree spawns.  also dont expect my results to be what you may get as i am using rtx2080ti (just comparing the setting)

:)
QA Tester-unholyjoe

A19.1_2020-09-21_15-49-55.jpg

A19.1_2020-09-21_15-50-10.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

For me the best result still is from: "gfx pp enable 0" I can dig out like 10 to 15 fps with it without noticeable difference in overall quality. If I could also remove the leaves from the trees.. hmm... Another think I would love to do is reduce the AI intelligence for most zeds, just leave the good one for like radiated versions, the rest can be dumb as rock)) then I could spawn more of them and inhabit the vast world with them. Still remember days when going to a city was a crazy idea as it was crowded with zeds. I would also like to make zeds bodies kinda bullet proof so you can only kill them with headshots and make heads easy to deal with this can bring so much fun! Ahhh those were the days...

16 hours ago, The_Great_Sephiroth said:

I am guessing people needing this extreme have very low-end systems? I run an i7-6950X coupled with an RTX 2080 Ti and I get a constant 50-60fps with everything maxed out in 2K (2560x1440) with vertical sync. I initially played on a GTX 550 Ti and a Core i5-2500 with 16GB of DDR4 and even then I could do medium to high at 1080p.

Kind of in A18 i was able to run the game on high settings at 100fps the latest update put me down to 30-40fps while everything is as low as possible.

On 9/22/2020 at 1:18 AM, Jugginator said:

bents off  can also help ya out. Just be warned that includes a lot of things you may want to see.

Sorry for the late reaction but what does this one exactly do?

18 hours ago, The_Great_Sephiroth said:

They changed the rendering (or entire?) engine in A19. It looks FAR better but I imagine that it takes a hit on older hardware. I probably could not use the old GTX 550 Ti any more.

Didnt they only changed the light system? I havent noticed much differences between the A18 and A19 in terms of graphical upgrade apart from the light and some model changes (book shelves).

Looking around for A18 VS A19 pictures i havent found much differences. I also dont understand how the Terrain Quality setting what adds almost no visual change can eat up 30+ fps.

5 hours ago, The_Great_Sephiroth said:

They changed something. I'd swaer they enabled ray-tracing on the guns. The MP5 reflects the world around it on the stock now.

I hope thats not it, global reflections what you cant even see properly eat up resources fast as hell.

I do not have a screenshot of the MP5 right now but look at the scope on the M4. Very reflective all over and the sight-glass is either reflecting the world behind me OR showing me what it is looking at through the other end.

*EDIT*

Looks like the forum scaled my image down. It was 2560x1440, but it is nowhere near that now. May need to use imgur or something.

20200911234840_1.jpg

On 10/10/2020 at 5:58 PM, Vampirenostra said:

For me the best result still is from: "gfx pp enable 0" I can dig out like 10 to 15 fps with it without noticeable difference in overall quality. If I could also remove the leaves from the trees.. hmm... Another think I would love to do is reduce the AI intelligence for most zeds, just leave the good one for like radiated versions, the rest can be dumb as rock)) then I could spawn more of them and inhabit the vast world with them. Still remember days when going to a city was a crazy idea as it was crowded with zeds. I would also like to make zeds bodies kinda bullet proof so you can only kill them with headshots and make heads easy to deal with this can bring so much fun! Ahhh those were the days...

The Dumb AI is quite doable in a small xml mod I believe these two rown in an entityclasses.xml mod should do the trick for all Z's (not sure where I found the edits, been using them since A17 and cranked up the zombieamount.

<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class/property[@name='AITarget-4' and @data='class=EntityPlayer,0,0,EntityNPC,0,0']/@data">class=EntityPlayer,10,30,EntityNPC,0,0</set>

<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class/property[@name='AIPathCostScale']/@value">0.0,0.1</set>

Bulletproof Zombies only killable with headshots I think has a DMT mod for it, Darkness falls has that as an option for exactly that in the DMT settingfile atleast.

Wish we could get the town biome back, then it would be a breeze (Maybe someone can make a DMT mod for this?), I upped the spawns and respawn time in wasteland biome to madness, and we found a city in wasteland, and it was like old days hubcity. Almost felt like a 7day horde every night before we had to bail :D

7 hours ago, -Holo- said:

The Dumb AI is quite doable in a small xml mod I believe these two rown in an entityclasses.xml mod should do the trick for all Z's (not sure where I found the edits, been using them since A17 and cranked up the zombieamount.

<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class/property[@name='AITarget-4' and @data='class=EntityPlayer,0,0,EntityNPC,0,0']/@data">class=EntityPlayer,10,30,EntityNPC,0,0</set>

<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class/property[@name='AIPathCostScale']/@value">0.0,0.1</set>

Bulletproof Zombies only killable with headshots I think has a DMT mod for it, Darkness falls has that as an option for exactly that in the DMT settingfile atleast.

Wish we could get the town biome back, then it would be a breeze (Maybe someone can make a DMT mod for this?), I upped the spawns and respawn time in wasteland biome to madness, and we found a city in wasteland, and it was like old days hubcity. Almost felt like a 7day horde every night before we had to bail :D

Thanx for the pointer at the xml. I'll give it a try. regarding the hp, guess that should also be somewhere in an xml. Plan taking on it as soon as I'll get tired of "default" 19.2, really close to the point of pointless wondering around the map...

On 10/19/2020 at 12:50 PM, -Holo- said:

Is it really dumbs them down to true zombie levels? No more structural engineer undead?

4 hours ago, Solomon said:

Is it really dumbs them down to true zombie levels? No more structural engineer undead?

Yes. They're running straight for the player regardless if it's spikes or crap in the way, Haven't seen them running around buildings to find the door either. If they can't reach us during a bloodmoon for example they get pissy and hit blocks and spikes and whatnot on the ground.

22 hours ago, -Holo- said:

Yes. They're running straight for the player regardless if it's spikes or crap in the way, Haven't seen them running around buildings to find the door either. If they can't reach us during a bloodmoon for example they get pissy and hit blocks and spikes and whatnot on the ground.

Finally i can build legit defenses! No more pathing cheese, no more worry that adding one more layer to the front would make them path into a different part!

You are a lifesaver!

16 minutes ago, Solomon said:

Finally i can build legit defenses! No more pathing cheese, no more worry that adding one more layer to the front would make them path into a different part!

You are a lifesaver!

I can't really take any credit for this, It's something I found somewhere duing A17, and been using it since then.

15 minutes ago, -Holo- said:

I can't really take any credit for this, It's something I found somewhere duing A17, and been using it since then.

Could you help me with it a little bit? Im trying to turn this into a modlet so i can share it with my bro and anybody who might be interested in it but im getting an error:

xmlexpecttion: '=' is an unexpected token. The expected token is ';', line 8 position 120.

How can i fix this?

I need to sleep more, i funked up the modinfo.xml

Didn't find where to put the first row, but replacing the line 

for each zed type in the entityclasses.xml does the stuff. Could support up to 50 zeds on the screen with moderate fps drop, yet still payable. Problems start when they begin demolishing the surroundings)) All this integrity calculations throw my poor i7-8750 into heavy throttling dropping to 2.2Ghz per core...

4 minutes ago, Solomon said:

Could you help me with it a little bit? Im trying to turn this into a modlet so i can share it with my bro and anybody who might be interested in it but im getting an error:

xmlexpecttion: '=' is an unexpected token. The expected token is ';', line 8 position 120.

How can i fix this?

you mistyped something in line 8 starting char 120 of your xml... It is what it is...

Archived