Gunshots and Rocket launches on Pregen 2 Map

beason128

Recently after the new update, I was playing on Pregen 2 map with my son.  We could hear gunshots on the game and when we went to look for the sounds it got louder near a town.  Then we could not find anything or any signs of anything else that would suggest that there was another player or anything else.  Some time later my son was building his base while I was hitting the same town for supplies he seen a rocket from a rocket launcher being shot over the hill from where we had our base.  The idea we thought maybe the update had bandits released but nothing was said and have not heard anything about it.  Have in mind this game is set for only two players and there was no mods running.  Can anyone give to any ideas what this may be or if anyone else experience this?

The only thing I can think of is zombies or animals hitting land mines. But it doesn't sound like gunfire - just explosions - and it wouldn't be confused with a rocket flying over head.

Is this a dedicated server? If so, did you make it public? I know you said it's set for only 2 players, but if it's a public server maybe something weird is going on with the player limitations.

I know my son set the server up but I heard the gunshots as well on my headphones.  I know he started the games with 2 players max no mods and I have not seen anyone else on the game.  Also if someone did get into the game it would show up on the allies icon correct if someone was on the server?

Yeah you ought to see them on the player list. I can't think of anything in the game that produces gunfire except players and turrets (placed by players). And AFAIK only players fire rockets. That is bizarre. Do you have the X/Z coordinates where you heard it or where you saw the rocket?

Well I cruised around that little town and didn't see any POIs I didn't recognize. I was thinking maybe there's a new POI that has some trap or something that would produce gunfire. Not that I could see. I might wonder next if there's a game file inconsistency, where the index of "bird tweeting" (or whatever) is now "9mm gunfire", but the sound file didn't get correctly updated? That would not explain actually seeing a rocket launch, though.

If it's not ongoing/repeatable it'll be very hard to troubleshoot. Maybe check the bug lists to see if anybody else is reporting odd sounds.

It was a close game.  Only two player max and password protected.  Also I created a new game on my own in the same Pregen 2 and experienced the same thing.  I have not seen the rocket yet but did heard the gunshots.  Did not sound like 9mm but like 7.62 from an AK or Marksmen rifle.  

2 hours ago, beason128 said:

It was a close game.  Only two player max and password protected.  Also I created a new game on my own in the same Pregen 2 and experienced the same thing.  I have not seen the rocket yet but did heard the gunshots.  Did not sound like 9mm but like 7.62 from an AK or Marksmen rifle.  

I'm going to just assume now that the rabbits and chickens have tired of being slaughtered for food and have armed themselves. Either that or you've got a corrupted sound file or something. But probably it's the rabbits.

4 hours ago, beason128 said:

Is your son Roland by chance?  If so, that would explain that he was obviously trolling you...🤣

No the password  was strong.  I work with computers daily and have to use strong passwords.  As for the rabbits arming themselves would explain the lack of wildlife.  I will be playing it again tonight.  Hopefully I will have another member join my game and then see if it happens again.  

20 minutes ago, beason128 said:

No the password  was strong.  I work with computers daily and have to use strong passwords.  As for the rabbits arming themselves would explain the lack of wildlife.  I will be playing it again tonight.  Hopefully I will have another member join my game and then see if it happens again.  

Were you using an auger or chainsaw?  I think there is/was a bug with its sound effects.

My son was setting blocks down for his base when seeing the rocket fly over head.  As for the gun shot sounds we were running to the town or though some grass.  But if it is a bug would it be heard on both computers?  Also I heard it on my on game where I was alone.  But it only happens on Pregen 2 worlds.  That is why I thought it was odd.

Archived