Bear Hitboxes are so unfair

GameGuts

In a survival world of mine I saw a radiated bear and though to myself, no way can a 3 by 5 block wide bear and 3 blocks high can get through this 2 high door. I was wrong. I think the bears should have a bigger hitbox cause of just how massive they are, and be limited to size of holes in walls, however they should have a block damage increase is what I think as there comeback.

Yeah, bears are kinda borked with their physics... and overly wobbly in death too. Who would have thunk it that this wobbly pile of goo in front of you was just seconds ago this mountain of fangs and muscles that was ripping you limb from limb.

Yeah, I've had a zombie bear clip through the walls of the trader base (I thought I was safe picking it off from the top of the base wall, but no, it clipped inside.

I then ran into the traders trailer, and the #$%^ bear followed me, and pushed itself all the way in, leaving me with nowhere to go.

In a previous game I was in a largely underground POI in the wasteland. Bears were going nuts on the surface. In the room at the surface there were 1m x 2m doors on 2 sides, with bears clipping through both doors. 4 zombie bears, plus dogs... a bit too savage for a single player game.

Also, these bears take an immense amount of melee hits before they die. If we can't outrun them, and can't kill them, and can't safely hide from them, then what is the point to them?

10 hours ago, Pico said:

Also, these bears take an immense amount of melee hits before they die. If we can't outrun them, and can't kill them, and can't safely hide from them, then what is the point to them?

Umm...to kill you? I mean, it seems pretty obvious.

(I am not affiliated in any way with that book or its author.)

On 8/17/2020 at 10:26 AM, eXSe said:

Yeah, bears are kinda borked with their physics... and overly wobbly in death too. Who would have thunk it that this wobbly pile of goo in front of you was just seconds ago this mountain of fangs and muscles that was ripping you limb from limb.

After turning one into a pin cushion with stone arrows I went to process the bear and each bone knife thrust it jiggled like it was made of jello and was bouncing all over.

Archived