Just want to say: Whoever built the big Shamway supermarket...bravo.

Zombull

I really like the look of the new working stiff with the garden section. I love POI's that have a real lived-in feel to them. In the future I think it'd be fun to get some large POI's that look pristine, like looters haven't got there yet and the structure of the building has held up. Would be a fun break from all the destroyed and decaying POIs.

100% agree. Found this POI in a wasteland town at night and it was great fun. All of the A19 POIs we've played through so far are really great. They've done a wonderful job with layout, interior design and decoration. Wish we had a list of A19 POIs (with photos) so we could be sure to hit them all. Now they just need to change the sound of the auger as it digs ;)

23 minutes ago, hardlymick said:

100% agree. Found this POI in a wasteland town at night and it was great fun. All of the A19 POIs we've played through so far are really great. They've done a wonderful job with layout, interior design and decoration. Wish we had a list of A19 POIs (with photos) so we could be sure to hit them all. Now they just need to change the sound of the auger as it digs ;)

There is one, its in the change log that was posted along with the initial release of A19 experimental.

I think a couple more have been added since the initial list was posted.

• 2 Grocery Stores
  • 2 Gun Stores
  • 2 Pharmacies
  • 2 Hardware Stores
  • 2 Clothing Stores
  • 2 Electronics Stores
  • 7 Ranger Stations
  • Carlot_01
  • New High School
  • sawmill_01
  • house_modern_12
  • house_modern_13
  • house_old_gambrel_04
  • 12 Remnants
  • departure_city_blk_plaza
  • park_basketball
  • park_plaza_01
  • park_plaza_02
  • red_mesa
  • celltower_01

Absolutely A+

Also my trio was just starting out and we found the clothing store and it was like CHRISTMAS! We spent the entirety of day 3 getting the clothes and shoes and dye we like best, it was amazing. It was like an actual shopping trip! My husband and I found a laundromat early and same thing - dressed up and got a ton of cloth.

All the new stores are *mwah!

13 hours ago, gurutar said:

agreed, looks authentic, great addition to the game. a lot of the new A19 POIs give me the feeling that i'm really looting a town where people lived, like the town i live in.

Yeah.. the whole every poi just about is a dungeon thing completly destroys any realism, as no one is going to make a house like that, I mean barricaded doors in a zombie apoc sure, but they aren't going to turn their own house into a maze, as thats detrimental for them too. I was fine with it in a17/18 cuz the loot system was good, but in a19 the loot system is complete garbage, and needs to go back to a18 with the new stuff added in, they should have never touched it. Now in a19 most of these dungeon poi's are just an annoying thing as you know what the loot is going to be by just looking at what your gs is, it removes any sense of fun looting had when you always know exactly what will be in there. Go back to a18 loot style please devs, before you screw it up any more. It never needed to be changed from how a18 was.

I also like the new store poi's, they were well done, and none of that stupid dungeon/maze bull@%$*#! either.

3 hours ago, Scyris said:

Yeah.. the whole every poi just about is a dungeon thing completly destroys any realism, as no one is going to make a house like that, I mean barricaded doors in a zombie apoc sure, but they aren't going to turn their own house into a maze, as thats detrimental for them too. I was fine with it in a17/18 cuz the loot system was good, but in a19 the loot system is complete garbage, and needs to go back to a18 with the new stuff added in, they should have never touched it. Now in a19 most of these dungeon poi's are just an annoying thing as you know what the loot is going to be by just looking at what your gs is, it removes any sense of fun looting had when you always know exactly what will be in there. Go back to a18 loot style please devs, before you screw it up any more. It never needed to be changed from how a18 was.

I also like the new store poi's, they were well done, and none of that stupid dungeon/maze bull@%$*#! either.

The dungeon POIs have there place.  I think of them like a micro adventures that tell a story through a predefined path.  Sure maybe some realism is sacrificed and the experience is mostly linear but they bring to the table alot of gaming elements from other games (story telling, jump scares, platforming, boss room fights) which is a positive thing.

With the addition of some new A19s POIs that are more open ended design we now have a better range of game experiences.

1) Linear dungeon design

2) More open dungeon design

3) Remnant design (non quest)

Archived