Shotgun block damage a bit severe.

Ripflex

I am asking TFP to tweak the shotguns to not do over zealous block damage and base damage to traps.  When clearing a house mostly of wood or low grade blocks it always looks like Swiss cheese after using my Combat shotgun... this never happens with any other gun use, even the heavy machine guns.  I'm just asking to tweak it back a little ?

This of course using basic buckshot, I can see maybe breach rounds or something... but buckshot ?

I hope this tweak is implimented in Alpha 19, I love using the shotty but the block destruction like clearing the apartment and stuff just annoys me to no end.

I think the idea is that you can use a shotgun on locked doors, safes and the like. The game has only two types of damage; entity damage and block damage. Without a third type it will be hard to fix this issue without losing the other functionality.

Yeah, I feel like they might need to either do something like "Locked Object Damage: +200%" or do something else like just reducing their block damage and adding a new ammo type for block damage, I've found using shotguns on horde nights to be actively detrimental most of the time because if i accidentally shoot one of my blocks it does as much damage as a zombie hitting it 2 or 3 times, and I keep obliterating the ground.

Shotgun block dmg indeed is way too high .. after missing few shots in poi it looks like there was something blown up .. :) pls show me someone how shotgun can evaporate solid wood block irl with one shoot .. ? 😂 

For high block dmg different shell type and problem solved

Well if it stays the same, not a big deal tho, pois respawn, simply loot containers sometimes goes like one pew pew aaaaand its gone .. 

All animals are so scared of shotgun that they dissapier after hearing one shot 😂

On my server we have dubbed my shotgun as "The Homewrecker". Once you get a few perk levels in Shotgun Hobo and a t3-4 pump shotgun plus mods, yeah, the place looks like swiss cheese afterwards. I have to be careful that I don't aim at locations that I think might have loot boxes behind them because it can rip through walls to destroy. Hope you didn't want an intact floor either. Thankfully I always carry around wood frames to fill in gaps. 

16 hours ago, Lord Shakaka said:

Can't tie block damage of a shotgun to the ammo used instead of the shotgun itself?   Shotgun Slugs are meant for block damage not the shells.

No actually slugs are meant for accuracy at range and a hard punch. Breacher rounds are meant for block damage.

Thanks for the postive replies...  I guess I'm not alone on this.  :)

If somehow tie the breach rounds for mass block destruction would be a good idea.  I know fire arrows ignite zombies and players on fire, so to tie breach round to more block damage a thing ?

PS. Have any of you remember when the shotgun was the best thing to cut down trees in one shot ?  Those the the days ....

I like the meme tier shotgun damage. I once blew out the floor in a poi, and jumped down the hole to escape radiated zombies. I wish the damage would carry through multiple blocks: i want to shoot them through doors and some walls like in Jin Roh. I have not played around with the penetration perk too much, but i believe it does that with ap rounds? 

I think they should switch the shot gun tiers, and make pump shot guns tier 3, with the ability to switch ammo types super fast. Sure the tube has less ammo, but when you can switch between birdshot, buck shot, breaching ammo, and dragons breath on the fly super fast and reload fast it's not too bad. maybe even a special option to candy cane a loadout? 

Archived