Please bring back jail doors, and add steel bars :)

enragedcamel

They had issues with the sliding jail door so it was removed. Came up a while back in the dev diary.

The Steel Bar upgrade has been requested for a long time. Haven't caught any posts by devs about it recently. Pretty sure there was a mod that allowed it but no idea if it still works or is available, you'd have to search the mod forums.

I think it's hilarious that sliding doors continue to bonk developers on the head.  This has happened many times before in different games.  I remember how the developrs of Gone Home couldn't figure out how to make a sliding door work properly so they made the game pretend it was a desk on it's side and the game though the door was a desk drawer 💜.  Video games is full of such stories.  The trains in Fallout 3 were an underground NPC who had a train for a head 🤣.  This Twitter thread is chock full of devs having to work around problems is creative or silly ways as well as all the DOH moments that happen in game development you never hear about.

2 hours ago, warmer said:

who cares if it slides?! this is the apocalypse. Given the context of the games circumstances, I'd add hinges to the damn thing before you'd abandon it. Just make it swing like a door. Problem solved.

See the 2nd MM post I linked. :)

7 hours ago, Tahaan said:

Don't confuse the Devs.  Just ask for corner bars. xD 

Indeed. Been a long time, and I honestly can't recall who said it, but the 'answer' about why no wrap-around-corner Iron Bars was something like, "it would have to be a new block because it should cost twice as much and there isn't room for any more non-critical blocks."

At least back then we could rotate Iron Bars to 45 degrees to use in corners. Why that bit got taken out I have no idea.

1 hour ago, FileMachete said:

Indeed. Been a long time, and I honestly can't recall who said it, but the 'answer' about why no wrap-around-corner Iron Bars was something like, "it would have to be a new block because it should cost twice as much and there isn't room for any more non-critical blocks."

At least back then we could rotate Iron Bars to 45 degrees to use in corners. Why that bit got taken out I have no idea.

You still can.

Also I just now discovered that there is a solution that one can use as corner bars.  Only it is a fence shape!  Can be upgraded to 2500 strenth with forged iron.

8 minutes ago, Tahaan said:

You still can.

Also I just now discovered that there is a solution that one can use as corner bars.  Only it is a fence shape!  Can be upgraded to 2500 strenth with forged iron.

Cool. I'll have to check that out when I go to a19. Thanks for the tip!

Archived