Weapon-Mod for One-Hit-Headshot-Kills

Scomar

This modlet adds a weapon-mod for one-hit-kills at head hits.

It starts with the creation of an Empty Book, which can be found in the Science tab!  After reading the book the first quest starts. After
completing the quest series you will get the blueprint to learn how to make the HeadShot-Mod.
The weapon which have this Mod installed do one-hit-kills to headshots. On other body parts your weapon will only do 1 damage.

Installation notes:

7Days in Version 19 - supported languages: english, german

Just unzip the archive into the Mods folder of 7 Days. Example:(your drive:\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\)

latest Version: 1.35

v1.35:

- update to the localization file for both versions

v1.3:

- reorganization of the quest line to make it easier to understand and now its a linear structure that guides you through. Don't update with an active Quest from this mod, this may break some things.

- 1.25a:

I added an optional file, its a Simple Version of the Mod-Item without the questline. Only requirement is to skill Advanced Engineer level 1.

Download: Optional File - Github or in the optinal file section on nexus

v1.25:

- the quests are now repeatable,

- to prevent you from crafting the certificate befor completing the Quest, i add an item to the quest rewards, that is necessary for crafting.

Download:

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/888/

or

https://github.com/Scomar82/7-Days-Modlets/raw/master/Scomar82_A19-HeadshotMod.zip

First step, craft the empty book:

emptybook.thumb.jpg.a00b2e95237ddf9eb4380fbdcec3dd6c.jpg

then complete the questline and you will get the schematic for unlocking:

modlocked.thumb.jpg.ad3d2b281fda95994b76e22ed521e3f8.jpg

now you need only the materials to craft the mod and then enjoy:

headshotmod.thumb.jpg.2043238d6ffc3ff4f7ae04eb4aec4a59.jpg

This is an awesome idea!  Combine this modlet with Jaxteller's increase zombies modlet, and you can have yourself a Romero mode all over again. :D

Went to try it out, but found that there's no recipes for any of the items in the modlet.  There's not even a recipe.xml file. 

5 hours ago, CrypticGirl said:

This is an awesome idea!  Combine this modlet with Jaxteller's increase zombies modlet, and you can have yourself a Romero mode all over again. :D

Went to try it out, but found that there's no recipes for any of the items in the modlet.  There's not even a recipe.xml file. 

There was a missing file in the zip, my apologies, its fixed now. Thank you for your notification

I updated the Modlet to Version 1.25:

Changelog:

- the quests are now repeatable,

- to prevent you from crafting the certificate befor completing the Quest, i add an item to the quest rewards, that is necessary for crafting.

I have uploaded an new Version 1.3 for the modlet with the questline.

I did a reorganization of the quest line to make it easier to understand and now its a linear structure that guides you through. Don't update with an active Quest from this mod, this may break some things.

Hi @Scomar. Thank you for the mod. I followed the quest version and it was a lot of fun to achieve each stage until I was able to create the mod.

Can I just confirm something? I have installed the mod into a simple level 4 Hunting Rifle. Is it intentional that we are unable to use a scope and the mod at the same time? I was attempting to install a Scope X2 mod in addition to the weapon-mod but it wasn't accepted.

Update:

Just one more thing. It's usually possible to modify in both the belt and personal storage. At present, the mod only allows for adding the mod while the weapon is in the belt. Just mentioning in case it was overlooked or intentional.

Spoiler

Not an issue with mod functionality at all and just something for a future update. I appreciate you are possibly bilingual and kindly made the language for this mod available to a wider spectrum of the community. Can you change the spelling of 'an' to 'a' for 'an one hit kill' simply because 'one' is a consonant sound even though it begins with a vowel - a one hit kill/a one shot kill.

Hi @arramus,

I'm glad you're having so much fun with the mod. That you can't install a scope and the mod is intentional. I won't make it to easy. But if you want, you need to go in the item_modifiers.xml from the modlet. in the first line of the item_modifier there are tags called "modifier_tags="  and "blocked_tags=" you must remove the "scope" and the "noScopes" entries. Now you can combine scopes with the mod.

Which Version of the modlet do you use? I'll checked it ingame, in the personal storage the weapons have now 5 entries: equip, recipes, scrap, drop, modify. the modify is on bottom, see the picture, it's version 1.3:

Spoiler

20200729105958_1.thumb.jpg.e2d737e25f464a80d9a82a4e76742392.jpg

The fix for the localization is no problem, thanks for the tip, i will fix it. My native language is german.

Thank you @Scomar. I could change the .xml file and add the scope. Much appreciated.

I am using your most recent release build 1.3

Here are a couple of screenshots for the rucksack storage space. It could be the mod I'm running for rucksack expansion space which is causing issues. I am currently using Khaine's 60-slot Bigger Backpack Mod.

Spoiler

20200729213125_1.thumb.jpg.452c7d162197f2a38f58c53b3cb193d5.jpg

Spoiler

20200729213146_1.thumb.jpg.2fdbc9f0ce4c77dca24dbdade61adfa5.jpg

@arramus This could be a problem with your backpack expansion mod, I see the same thing in my game for the same reason.  It seems like not all of the expanded backpack mods allow for 6 choices in the menu for a selected item. If you repair your pistol the repair option  will go away and you will be able to see the modify option again.

3 minutes ago, Reckis said:

@arramus This could be a problem with your backpack expansion mod, I see the same thing in my game for the same reason.  It seems like not all of the expanded backpack mods allow for 6 choices in the menu for a selected item. If you repair your pistol the repair option  will go away and you will be able to see the modify option again.

Yes, thank you. That seems to be it. I just ran the backpack mod with the Head Shot mod to confirm that was the culprit. As I used the weapon, the repair option took precedence and knocked the modify option from the list until it was repaired again. Scomar's image also shows a fully repaired pistol and I'd be interested to see if the same issue occured when it had slightly degraded and brought up the repair tab.

Yes, the repair option was missing. I had the same in my game, when the weapon is not at 100%, the repair option is shown instead of modify. But it will be only by pistol and hunting rifle, because there are now recipes for this 2 weapons. The recipes option does not exist in vanilla.

Well, I am really enjoying the mod, and it's no problem to work around any initial minor issues. My favourite moments are when the Z are all lined up and drop like dominoes. I'm quite new to 7d2d but I'm sure there is an ammo type/skill that penetrates multiple Z with one shot. 🤠

On 7/30/2020 at 7:02 PM, arramus said:

Well, I am really enjoying the mod, and it's no problem to work around any initial minor issues. My favourite moments are when the Z are all lined up and drop like dominoes. I'm quite new to 7d2d but I'm sure there is an ammo type/skill that penetrates multiple Z with one shot. 🤠

yeah thas nice if the zombies in one line :)

btw. the localization file ist updated und uploaded. ;)

• 4 months later...

Hi,

i tried out this mod.

I enjoyed the quest line to get the blueprint.

After add the mod to various weapons i need to say, it is far to strong.

Basicly you don't need to care about weapon and ammo anymore, since even the weakest pistole can headshot kills.

At last you can't a scope at the same time, then large range kills will be difficult.

But it is totaly overpowered on mellee weapons. It is pretty easy to aim at the head with mellee weapons. Even when plenty feral's run at you, you kill them mosttimes before they even touch you.

Only vultures are difficult to hit the head.

I think the like the mod name say, Headshot should be for ranged weapons only.

And maybe it should lower the shoots/min or increase the recoil.

Archived