Agility Stealth Build for solo no horde?

rosedragon

So I just come back to 7days to die and I love the changes have been made. The skill trees really interesting. Last time I played was before they add wasps.

I am planning to max stealth perks and invest on compound bow, machete, and AK 47. I'm playing without bloodmoon horde as I enjoy more of exploring POIs and looting. So full agility on priority, then goes for fortitude.

Skills planning:  
perception 3 
- Lucky looter 3 
- lockpicking 1
Strength 3  
- sexual tyranousaurus 3
- miner 69  (some people says I should get this for single player, worth it?)
- motherlode (some people says I should get this for single player, worth it?)
Fortitude 1 -> 5  
- Machine gunner 0 -> 3
- Living on the land 1 (I have all I need for making vegetable stew and super corn now... I think I dont need more living on the land, iron gut, or chef anymore. Lvl 1 is just nice for double harvest.)
- Pain Tolerance 0 -> 3
- Healing Factor 0 -> 3
- Iron gut 1 
- Rule 1: Cardio 0 -> 3 (Thinking of this.. cause... running so much, Maybe not needed when I have vehicle... but I tried a shoes with 20% run thing and it was awesome)
Agility 3 - 10  
- Archery 2 -> 5
- Deep cuts 0 -> 5 (I actually like spear more because reach, but spear have low damage unless thrown, might be bad on end game)
- Light armor 2 (wondering if I should up it to max) 
- Flurry of blows 0 -> 3 (Would be nice for the machete I guess)
- Hidden Strike 1 -> 5
- From the Shadows 2 -> 5 (Can I sneak disassemble radiator and break paintings with the wrench without alerting zombies with this maxed without gillie suit? At 2 and I still need to evade disassembling the crappy bed and electronics cause they make so much noises, esp the radiator and car. 

None in intellects. While junk turret is so awesome, I can't afford int 10 for the double turret. Arguably, barter and daring adventurer could be really profitable, but I am good for now. 

Total: 69 skill points so that is like... lvl 66 I guess?

A caveat: I actually love using spears even tho I just lost my steel spear and I don't know where I lost it.. xD I love the reach tho throwing them put me in much troubles sometime. But investing in spear requires me to invest more than just one tree to 10... so I think, not a wise idea.

Since you're skipping hordes, you won't need much in the way of mined resources; I wouldn't worry about miner/motherlode.

Those Fort points.. They're all right, but not really that necessary. Healing factor sounds great, but it's quite slow at the lower ranks, so you'll need meds/food anyway. And PT is fine for the stun reduction, but at 3/5 you'll still have a decent chance of getting stunned, so you can't rely on it.

I would suggest skipping Fort - skilling up pistols instead of the AK. Even if you want to use the AK as well, it will do fine without the points - but the pistol / SMG will get the headshot bonuses from your 10 AGI so stacking your points there should do better...

Light armor, the main effect is the mobility, might be worth the points - until you find the combat book that removes armor penalties while in combat.

I personally love Parkour 3/5 for that sweet 2.5m jump; since you're in the tree already... ;)

9 hours ago, theFlu said:

Since you're skipping hordes, you won't need much in the way of mined resources; I wouldn't worry about miner/motherlode.

Those Fort points.. They're all right, but not really that necessary. Healing factor sounds great, but it's quite slow at the lower ranks, so you'll need meds/food anyway. And PT is fine for the stun reduction, but at 3/5 you'll still have a decent chance of getting stunned, so you can't rely on it.

I would suggest skipping Fort - skilling up pistols instead of the AK. Even if you want to use the AK as well, it will do fine without the points - but the pistol / SMG will get the headshot bonuses from your 10 AGI so stacking your points there should do better...

Light armor, the main effect is the mobility, might be worth the points - until you find the combat book that removes armor penalties while in combat.

I personally love Parkour 3/5 for that sweet 2.5m jump; since you're in the tree already... ;)

OOOhh! Thank you very much! I end up raising motherlode to 3 but kept miner69 0. Healing factor and iron gut at 1 but I hasn't increase in fort. I will focus mostly on agi then, thanks!

I'm loving this agi build already, I can pickaxe a door, destroy paintings, or scrap beds without waking neighborhood zombies already with 3/5 from the shadows. Just need to be careful of spacing my actions to not 'pile' the noises up to 50 or more.

9 hours ago, theFlu said:

But then it's also more powerful if you rely on stealth and distance and don't need as much healing. There are many ways to argue this. lol

I am playing an agility build also right now. It´s nice. I am investing in Pistol Pete instead of machine guns tough. Saves you a few points early on (Assuming you don´t level pain tolerance and  healingfactor early game, wich i don´t see a need for). And as you don´t do hordes the SMG5 is more than enough, i use it for hordes also. And less gunpowder needed for the bullets.

@Gazz Thing is you can´t rely on stealth and distance 100%. There are POI´s where they wake up as soon as you enter the room, sneaking at level 5 or not, doesn´t matter. Or that POI´s are built in a way where you just can´t sneak up on every Z.

If you do not have a base max out looting first. There is a world difference between the first, the third and the final level with loot goggles . At about level 3 you'll start finding pickaxes and goggles and at level 5 when you open chests you'll find huge treasures.

As for stealth I suggest sledgehammer build with added mods to cancel your noise generation, then power attack the head for silent instakill.

For my agility build I found that one-point in healing factor is plenty. As has been said the SMG is better than the AK for this build. don't waste inventory space with a melee weapon. After you are established, your 9mm or smg is going to work just fine for anything that gets up close and personal, except for when you must reload. Don't stand there and tank, move.

Think about going down the perception tree and equipping a sniper rifle. I feel it complements a stealth build better. Especially for the big baddies that blow up. You don't want to be near them.

8 hours ago, Gazz said:

But then it's also more powerful if you rely on stealth and distance and don't need as much healing. There are many ways to argue this. lol

Sure, that's correct, at least on paper. But the bursty nature of incoming damage with stealth (usually none, occasionally a lot) makes me want to top up HP anyway for my next mess up. Mostly a discipline thing for me I suppose; weapons loaded, meds on toolbar, HP as high as "can be needed" etc... There's a couple days worth of analysis to throw at this of course.. :)

For this thread, my point was to argue against the whole 4(5?)+3+3+3 points in Fort for very little actual gain; one can get pretty decent stuff with 13 points in the main tree.

11 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@Gazz Thing is you can´t rely on stealth and distance 100%. There are POI´s where they wake up as soon as you enter the room, sneaking at level 5 or not, doesn´t matter. Or that POI´s are built in a way where you just can´t sneak up on every Z.

You can use your primitive axe or whatever to rip up anything off the floor that will make noise as you cross over it.  It slows you down, but it keeps you from waking the dead.

Sure you can't stealthkill every Zed, but there's a lot of ways to help yourself.

21 minutes ago, Ramethzer0 said:

You can use your primitive axe or whatever to rip up anything off the floor that will make noise as you cross over it.  It slows you down, but it keeps you from waking the dead.

While that's the goal for the mechanic, at the moment there are several POI rooms that wake up regardless of any noise/vision source. A bug, sure, but a feature for now.

I am at day 39, lvl 37, agi 7 with archery, light armor, and from the shadows 4 now and having fun of sneaking around. I hasn't met the 'whole POI waking up' but I did wake up 1-2 zombies because I do not realizes they are nearby when I hit the other ones. What impede me right now is regardless that I clear out so many lucrative POIs and get 5-6 items.. I hasn't get recipe / item for crucible or compound bow. So I have to buy steel from traders to make mods.

On that case, I feel I am wasting these steel on making mufflers cause I check all my new light armor and the left side says noise increase 0??? which one is the right one, noise 10 or noise 0?

Edit: I try to remove the mods, and from 24 max visibility change on walking, to 30 max visibility when not using mods. Not realllllly sure how big the difference is.

Screenshot_795.thumb.jpg.6c5e023657ff1c5e24fce3453897e064.jpg

It should generally be 10% with light armor. The football helmet is an odd piece, not belonging to the actual sets, so it could be either really.

The mufflers, I'm not even sure if they do anything, but if you can fit them in, shouldn't be harmful either. For me they're the lowest priority mod in any case, usually they won't fit in. (Mostly I go with the order: Slot specific mods(light/bandolier) > pockets > mobility > armor > temperature control > anything else )

1 minute ago, theFlu said:

It should generally be 10% with light armor. The football helmet is an odd piece, not belonging to the actual sets, so it could be either really.

The mufflers, I'm not even sure if they do anything, but if you can fit them in, shouldn't be harmful either. For me they're the lowest priority mod in any case, usually they won't fit in. (Mostly I go with the order: Slot specific mods(light/bandolier) > pockets > mobility > armor > temperature control > anything else )

The leather armor I crafted also shows noise increase 0 on the left side xD ... however say... I instal mobility mod, it is accurately shows improvement.

Heh, yeah... the UI is in various states of Work In Progress. The stats themselves are in a slightly better state, but there might be some surprises there as well. Testing is the only way to be sure, but testing stealth mechanics isn't exactly trivial even in a test world, much less in actual game...

17 hours ago, Ramethzer0 said:

Sure you can't stealthkill every Zed, but there's a lot of ways to help yourself.

That´s not what i mean. I talk about having from the shadows on level 5 plus the book that let´s you sneak over thrash with no sound and yet everyone wakes up once you cross a certain point. It´s a known issue in some POI´s.

@ElCabong Wouldn´t recommend no melee at all. First to save ammo. I only use guns when cornered or there is a big group of Z´s in a too small room and for fast animals. Also having way to much fun with my hunting knife. It´s fun when they suddenly die due to bleeding in the middle of swinging at you.

8 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

That´s not what i mean. I talk about having from the shadows on level 5 plus the book that let´s you sneak over thrash with no sound and yet everyone wakes up once you cross a certain point. It´s a known issue in some POI´s.

@ElCabong Wouldn´t recommend no melee at all. First to save ammo. I only use guns when cornered or there is a big group of Z´s in a too small room and for fast animals. Also having way to much fun with my hunting knife. It´s fun when they suddenly die due to bleeding in the middle of swinging at you.

Agreed. I'm going to try buld where I use a knife more.

12 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Ohhh. I encountered that POI kind of, twice. The church which have a decent catacomb below. Zombies are hiding behind 'curtains' and I can shot arrows on curtains and kill them silently on first big room, but the smaller rooms.. either if I go in or my arrow go in, the zom zom wakes up.

So an update of my build, I reset a little and now come with this:

Perception 7
- Lucky Looter 5
- Lockpicking 1
Strength 2
- Sexual tyranosaurus 2
- Motherlode 2
Fortitude 1
- Living on the Land 1
Agility 7
- Archery 4
- Light Armor 4
- Hidden Strike 1
- From the Shadows 4

I just can't unlove lucky looter since I'm mostly looting anyway. Still don't get crucible but I am able to craft lvl 5 military armor now, how fun. Still liking the running shoes more than armored shoe so I can run around. I got a bicycle.

I tested pistol, smg, and revolver on other world with debug to see how is agi 10 and run and gun 5 works. I use firepower mainly just as panic button if I am overwhelmed and pistol + revolver don't have enough bullets for that. So I think I will go with SMG. The run and gun is so amazing that I think I will take that before increasing the pistol/smg skill. Still loving spear as melee cause the reach and how I can save arrows by throwing them at sleepers. 

Ideally, I goes up to agi 10. Scarily, that is 8 points just for the main tree. Here is the end game idea:
Perception 7
- Javelin 4
- Lockpicking 1
- Lucky Looter 5
Strength 5
- Sexual tyranosaurus 4
- Motherlode 4
Fortitude 5
- Living on the Land 1
- Pain tolerance 3
- Healing factor 3
- Cardio 3
Agility 10
- Archery 5
- Gunslinger 5
- Run and Gun 5
- Light Armor 5
- Hidden Strike 1 (Will up this when I dont one hit kill stealth-headshot)
- From the Shadows 5

Image of my char with the eq: https://prnt.sc/slglxe

Maybe gonna turn on horde so I have zombies to waste bullets on. I just don't like the idea of having to go home from faraway looting cause horde night coming and focus on building a base instead roaming around. xD 

Archived