[MODLET] FarmLifeV3 | Continuation of stasis' Farm Life Mod |18.4

DEMMERS

38 minutes ago, DEMMERS said:

I am working on a introductory quest that will give you an idea on how to start similar to the base-game introductory to survival. Will post news of it on the Nexus page for release. I check the Nexus and the Discord for bugs, and for patching. If you want me to see it sooner, post on the Discord.

Hi Demmers,

I love quests, but this mod seems to be pretty complex and I am one of those confused who have no idea how and where to start and what to do in this mod. Assuming this mod is all about creating a complete farm, I think it would be best to cover as much as possible, because seeing the vast amount of things in this mod, I think it would be a shame if the player missed some of it by accident. It certainly seems like it could easily take long hours of interesting gameplay if there was some sort of story to follow. Do you think you could eventually create some story around this? I get it that it's probably trying to be an open-ended thing, but it would be nice to have at least some basic story that would walk us through everything this mod has to offer to make sure we don't miss any of its features.

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

Hey all. Just back quick. There are a couple people updating my old mod. They all have rights to whatever they want to do, no questions. Seen a lot of cool things. Hope everyone is well and see you all during beta with a new mod based on farmlife :)

On 4/29/2020 at 10:31 PM, stasis78 said:

Hey all. Just back quick. There are a couple people updating my old mod. They all have rights to whatever they want to do, no questions. Seen a lot of cool things. Hope everyone is well and see you all during beta with a new mod based on farmlife :)

Glad to hear you will be back and with new mod plans. I have missed your mods. Haven't had chance to try the others update to your farm mod as WoW was out around same time, and its my favorite overhaul.

Hey all. 

firstly, id like to say how much im enjoying this mod and the depth it gives :) im still struggling with the endlessly feeding animals has the fix been implemented as yet? apologies for the noob question, this isn't my area of expertise! 

• 2 weeks later...

First off- THANK YOU!  LOVE this mod.  So grateful.  My favorite.  The Tom Cat- oh how I 💗 that cat!

If you'll be updating for the new v19, I have a few requests to consider.

1.  Could you offer the animals with OUT the pens?  The bulky pens are quite offset so I struggle to make them fit correctly in my design.   I would prefer to use an in game fence, or no fence at all.

2.  The brew cooker is offset to the right- a lot.  It clips into the surrounding block so I have placed it in a basement, out of sight.  It's a nice piece of furniture, I would love it in my kitchen but the wonky placement just drives me crazy. 

3.  The Brew station is HUGE!  Can the footprint be scaled down and centered?  The unit is 2 blocks wide yet has a 3 block wide footprint.  Could it please fit into 2x2 footprint instead?

4.  Could the fermentor bench be scaled down about 15% so it stays within a one block depth?  It too currently lives in the basement, out of sight.  Bummer.

5.  FYI, the chicken levitates, the cows' animation is not working, & the veal calf is pink, but I can live with that!

Just some thoughts from a huge fan.  Thanks again for creating and maintaining this masterpiece! *standing ovation*

Brew.jpg

Bench.jpg

Edited by Floxy_Swoosh (see edit history)

I was thinking of asking for the animals to come penless/have penless variants, as well. I truly love this mod, unfortunately the pen fences just throw me off, personally. (Also, I think the seed box from the quest/the quest should warn to use an empty inventory because forst time I lost seeds with them flying every which way, because I was using a tier 5 axe)

I'm working on quite a few fixes for the mod at the moment which is why I seem pretty quiet at the moment. Doing a rewrite of some of the basics, and working on a more driven quest line, where you start at A, and work your way through to Z. So it teaches you how to use the mod, as you enjoy it. Along with that, I've taken in several suggestions and will give credit as it is due. If you have any bugs, please report them on the Nexus, all bugs are being looked at. I do want to overhaul the Farm Animals, and Stations coming soon.

I just cannot get this mod to work. I get the error:

2020-06-09T17:43:21 7.330 WRN [MODS] Folder farmlifev3-master-Mods-FarmLifeV3 does not contain a ModInfo.xml, ignoring
2020-06-09T17:43:21 7.330 WRN [MODS] Failed loading mod from folder: farmlifev3-master-Mods-FarmLifeV3

I don't *feel* like I'm a moron but I might be.

Edited by Ryees (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Ryees,

in chase you still looking for help to install the mod: the zip/rar comes with a masterfolder. In the masterfolder you find a modsfolder. And in the modsfolder you find the actual FarmLifeV3 mod folder.

If you already have a moldsfolder in your 7dtd directory, then the FarmLifeV3 folder goes directly into it. If your 7dtd directory has no modsfolder, then you need to create one first and then put the FarmLifeV3 folder in it or you simply take the modsfolder which has the FarmLifeV3 folder in it from your downloaded zip/rar and you put it in your 7dtd directory.

It should look like this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\FarmLifeV3

Edited by Sellsents (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

I'm a massive fan of farming and especially breeding. Its why I love ARK so much. This is amazing, I stumbled across this the other day. Sadly for me I see its only working on 18.4. I see you are actively fixing things, which is awesome btw. I play on the best overhaul MOD IMO which is Warz3Uk. will you make this avail when A19 goes stable so I will be able to add it to the mod I play?

Hey there! This mod looks really cool but I cannot figure out how to start it. The mod is installed correctly, under foods there are a lot of new recipes. However, I can't figure out how to start the quest to get the mod rolling, I cannot not find any sort of new craftable for the instructions/ quest starter or the seed box. any help? if you could tell me where it is, maybe I just missed it

• 2 weeks later...

A19 is now stable and thus begins the update of Farm Life Mod. I will be overhauling some aspects of the mod, and trying to fix what I can. Updates and information will be slow for awhile as I am currently unemployed trying to find a job to support myself with and doing oddjobs to make ends meet. However, as I find time again this will be updated.
Main thing I want to confirm is work being done to create a full Information Quest system and initial Quest to help you through the mod and give you all information needed to proceed through the mod.

• 3 months later...
On 8/25/2020 at 10:44 PM, DEMMERS said:

A19 is now stable and thus begins the update of Farm Life Mod. I will be overhauling some aspects of the mod, and trying to fix what I can. Updates and information will be slow for awhile as I am currently unemployed trying to find a job to support myself with and doing oddjobs to make ends meet. However, as I find time again this will be updated.
Main thing I want to confirm is work being done to create a full Information Quest system and initial Quest to help you through the mod and give you all information needed to proceed through the mod.

@DEMMERS: Hello!  I have taken over (for now?) maintenance of MeanClouds mods and in there is a "FarmLife2Mod_A18" in there, which is credited to @stasis78 (well "stasis", there are a few users with this name. likely the same person?).  I see a lot of "Farm Life" and Farming mods on the forums and am unsure the current state of "Farming" (It's generally not my thing in the game so I don't load the mods).  I would rather not update the "FarmLife2Mod_A18" for a19 if you or others are already making progress on a19 or have more recent forks.  It's a large mod and I see no reason to have multiple near-identical forks of it floating around.

Anyway, I might be able to help get your V3 off the ground for a19 if you don't have a lot of time to work on it.  Just let me know if/when and if GitLab is the proper place to pull the most recent version you've been working on.

• 9 months later...
16 minutes ago, marleydx said:

Hello, Since I installed this mod I can no longer join my friend’s game. The messages: “ArgumentException: requested value ‘HealthmaxmodifierOT’ was no found” and “ERR XML loader. Loading and parsing failed”. Thanks for your help!

I believe this mod is dead.  No more support. I took over FarmLife Expanded which This mod was actually part of.   Since that time it has become  "Age of Oblivion" as far as I know Age of Oblivions is the only active Farming based mod. (but it has become much more then farming.)

Edited by pipermac (see edit history)

• 4 months later...