[MODLET] FarmLifeV3 | Continuation of stasis' Farm Life Mod |18.4

DEMMERS

xtCDzF0.png.ab716852d4fbf95076732f5415497132.png

Hello, I am DEMMERS,

I am the one actively updating and maintaining the FarmLifeV3 mod. Which is a continued work of stasis. Before I get the comments from others saying I'm repacking and stealing the credits of others whom have ported their fixes, please check the credits found within the mod. If someone has made their own port that fixes a bug in the version I offer here, please by all means contribute it forward so we can add it to the repository. I will as I have with all those who have submitted work, is credit you for the work you've submitted. I do not take donations nor do I make any kind of money from this. So please do not spam the forums, or my inbox. Thanks.

Works on both 18.3/18.4, however as things have changed ever so slightly 18.4 is the preferred version. The GitLab repository is updated with the latest of any and all information to include bug fixes. Once we've hit a certain amount of bug fixes and the playTest has shown no errors from the listed bug fixes, a new stable release is created and released on the Nexus.

FarmLifeV3

MODLET to be installed on both SERVER & CLIENT.

FarmLifeV3 includes several new types of farm produce, animal husbandry, new workstations, quests to obtain the new food creations and getting started, and more. FarmLifeV3 is very similar to V2, however we've cleaned up several known bugs and are working towards making the game play a bit better with this mod. While it can be daunting at first to get started, it is quite an enjoyable experience.

My activity is mainly in Discord, ya know Guppy's Discord? Check there!

Edited by DEMMERS (see edit history)

You want to start by crafting up a good amount of Farm Plots, once you get a minimum of 10 or so, look up the farming quest, it is a craft-able. Start the quest, and from there it snowballs.

Thanks! As for Farm Plots, would War3zuk's Crop Plots work? They are practically the same thing except they are cheaper to craft lol

Good to see you here Demmers, welcome.

I'm also working on a "version" of this mod (which Demmers, you should have a link to. I pm'd you about it on Nexus Mods recently). Feel free to use anything I've done.

@mr.devolver Farm Plots work. In my version of this mod, I have a Skill system in place that unlocks all of the "Plots" to address exactly what you stated, cheaper to make. We are also currently using War3zuk's AIO Overhaul and everything works as it should (compatibility wise). Plants right now are the exception and Demmers is fully aware of it.

And speaking of the plants, I might as well bring that up now. The issue is when they grow to Mature status. The Upgrade property is the issue. Ground fertility seems to be an issue also. It hasn't happened alot for us yet, but some plants will grow and not be able to be harvested. Sometimes they "pop" and you lose the harvested item and the plant... leaving the block unable to be planted on again. In one case I've seen so far, Not even going into Debug mode and removing the entity helps.

Fertility System has been under revamp for a bit, and nothing yet that we plan to release to the public. But with this new fertile system is fixes several of those issues. However 1.3.8 has removed the reference to the old system, and functions fine.

Greetings!

We are really enjoying this mod on the server, however I would like to ask a question. We placed some animal pens, fed them, but we are getting unsure if they are bugged for us or not. How long till animals grow? We already spent a few days ingame and some real life hours but it still says "feeding 1". Is there a way to check if its bugged or not? Also, are we right to assume that the new things (trees for example) wont spawn on an already existing save? (we also have the HDHQ biomes modlet that replaces trees too, if that might cause some issues)

Thank you for the reply in advance!

Animals can take quite a long time, especially dependent on your server's settings. And the trees should work fine, as you work through the mod you will find that you actually plant and grow them rather then find them around.

Animals can take quite a long time, especially dependent on your server's settings. And the trees should work fine, as you work through the mod you will find that you actually plant and grow them rather then find them around.

I understand that, we play on the 120min day cycle, but we spent the whole weekend playing 6-8 hours daily, so that would mean that pens can take more than 12-24 real time hours to grow?

I am wondering if there's something I'm missing while testing this. I did receive the quest to start farming via the craftable. I had to obtain the corn seed, plant it, break the seed box, but there is nothing else that is snowballing from there. Reviewing the files, there are tons of recipes and features to this mod, are you to just stumble upon them at random after that, or should there be a continuation of the quest to further introduce you to this farming mod and everything else included?

I am wondering if there's something I'm missing while testing this. I did receive the quest to start farming via the craftable. I had to obtain the corn seed, plant it, break the seed box, but there is nothing else that is snowballing from there. Reviewing the files, there are tons of recipes and features to this mod, are you to just stumble upon them at random after that, or should there be a continuation of the quest to further introduce you to this farming mod and everything else included?

Lol, yeah this is exactly the same thing I wanted to ask too, because this mod seems to be anything but straightforward lol.

Ok somehow it isnt working.

But the error said :

WRN MODS Mod Rederence for a mod is that is not loaded: farmllifev3

WRN MODS Trying to guess path from mod name #C:/prog steam etc etc

Unable to open archive files /stream/../../Resources/Farmlife Trees.uniti3d

Hey, great mod overall. We have the same issue with animal pens as Ravencloat though. Animal won't get out of the feeding state. We've been playing for almost two weeks now (50+ ingame days) and all animals are still feeding. Everthing else works as intended.

A tutor would be nice, how can i feed animals?

Ok, i tried myself. For all with the same question: You need a pitch fork and cattle feed - then click with the pitch fork in your hand and the feed in inventory on a hungry pen/pig aso.

Edited by Hagi (see edit history)

I am working on a introductory quest that will give you an idea on how to start similar to the base-game introductory to survival. Will post news of it on the Nexus page for release. I check the Nexus and the Discord for bugs, and for patching. If you want me to see it sooner, post on the Discord.