Stuck in God Mode

wispershade35

I used the world editor for the first time today and when I went back into my normal Survival game my character is stuck in God mode. I didnt want to use creative mode in my survival map, modify that character or save file or in any way change that game or its components. I have searched the topics and the only one that I can find says to toggle it on and off in creative before going back into Survival (this didnt work for me). Ive got 120+ hrs into this map and really dont want to start it all over.

BLUF: How to disable God Mode in my standard Survival Game?

Things I have tried: Toggling in Creative Mode and exiting with GM both off and on. Enabling CM in game and attempting to turn off while active. Damn near smashing the "G" key though the keyboard housing.

Hey no BLUF if it ain't UF! Over under on peak BLUF in social media is 13 days. Get your bets in now. Non-US, non-military, and non-news-watching readers are going to be all WTF about BLUF.

(It stands for Bottom Line Up Front, which apparently the Navy, at least, uses in memos to preface what normal people might call an 'Executive Summary'. We did not have BLUF when I was in the service, we just used 'Summary'.)

while in game try "DM" which is debug menu. it allows/disallows GodMode not the "CM" = creative menu.

:)

QA Tester-unholyjoe

Just tried it. With DM both on and off it is still gives the "GOD MODE ENABLED" notification and displays God modes under a banner labeled "Test 1" with an arrow pointing up, this applies after toggeling GM on and back off. While in DM i switched GM off and exited both the menue and the game to no effect. I tried leaving it on and exiting with GM on and resetting in when i got back in. These did not work. Tested it and I take no damage from traps.

Hey no BLUF if it ain't UF! Over under on peak BLUF in social media is 13 days. Get your bets in now. Non-US, non-military, and non-news-watching readers are going to be all WTF about BLUF.

(It stands for Bottom Line Up Front, which apparently the Navy, at least, uses in memos to preface what normal people might call an 'Executive Summary'. We did not have BLUF when I was in the service, we just used 'Summary'.)

The Army transitioned to BLUF as well. And I had originally made a much longer post before cutting it down and forgetting to move the bluf to the top lol.

Hahaha, I was just playin' of course. The military sure does love to acronymize things. I saw the Navy captain's letter on the news and I was like "BLUF? What the heck is BLUF?" and Google straightened me out. I guess I never considered the cost savings on the 48 bits they shave off for "BLUF" vs "Summary". Probably it adds up. :-)

Just tried it. With DM both on and off it is still gives the "GOD MODE ENABLED" notification and displays God modes under a banner labeled "Test 1" with an arrow pointing up, this applies after toggeling GM on and back off. While in DM i switched GM off and exited both the menue and the game to no effect. I tried leaving it on and exiting with GM on and resetting in when i got back in. These did not work. Tested it and I take no damage from traps.

Welp. You're apparently the One True God now. No use denying it, set up a shrine to yourself somewhere and then loot the pilgrims when they arrive.

Make sure you have admin powers for your own server. I can’t remember the command to grant admin powers but it should be in the list if you type help in the console. Then give yourself admin powers and try turning off God Mode again.

Make sure you have admin powers for your own server. I can’t remember the command to grant admin powers but it should be in the list if you type help in the console. Then give yourself admin powers and try turning off God Mode again.

The game doesnt recognize my player ID (pulled from the game with lp.) lp says "0. id=171, wispershade35" then my position,kills and such and "steamid=<unknown>, ip=<unknown>" and that there is a total of one of me in game. When I attempt to run the "admin add wispershade35 0" (0 being highest permissions) i get the error "wispershade35 is not a valid entity id, player name or steam id." this occurs when i try 171, #171, 171wispershade35, wispershade35171 wispershade35#171.

I managed to clear God Mode using the "debuff" command. I took one of the Red Pills in creative so now im immune to food poison it seems (ate 15 rotten flesh and nothing happened. But God Mode is off at least! no i just have to figure out the command to delete the redpill buff and ill be golden!

• 2 months later...

I had the same issue and the above hints gave me the clues to fix it.

Hit the F1 key

Type "Help" - gives you the list of possible commands which is useful for context

Note that there are two types of "Debuff" commands.  One for the local player and one for a specific player.

Type "Debuff god"

That seems to solve this issue.

They key was debuff was assuming the local player, but looking for "What" to debuff.  The "What" was "god".

IIRC you can open console, type in DM, close console again then if you hit esc a menu should open to the right. I think there is a button there you can click to enable/disable god mode. Then I guess you just hit esc again and do DM in console to turn it off. Not sure if that is all 100% correct as I haven't used it in a very long time.

In my single player game, that did not work.  When I first saw it I was for a momentarily quite elated as it looked like it would solve my issue.  I could never toggle the god mode off.  It  was checked and unchecked, but no matter what I did there, the god mod was persistent.  My guess is there are multiple variables that control this as the original problem was generated by opening up the map in edit mode somehow found it's way to the saved game.  

2 hours ago, Saxondragon said:

In my single player game, that did not work.  When I first saw it I was for a momentarily quite elated as it looked like it would solve my issue.  I could never toggle the god mode off.  It  was checked and unchecked, but no matter what I did there, the god mod was persistent.  My guess is there are multiple variables that control this as the original problem was generated by opening up the map in edit mode somehow found it's way to the saved game.  

I've run into the exact same problem and had to exit the game to get out of GM.

8 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

I've run into the exact same problem and had to exit the game to get out of GM.

That worked the first time for me easily as I just exited the entire game and came back.  Weeks later when I did it again, no joy.  Nothing I did changed it until I happened upon that fix above.  

• 1 month later...

Archived