[Prefab] Woodbury Town from The Walking Dead (A21) - Download Available Now

Andy Red

1369-1687632721-29909650.thumb.png.170df2b95f5a09ea0e9d76324dae3ca4.png

Let's go back in time and rewind to Season 3 (or 2012 if we're talking air dates), back to the Governor days, and back to the merry old town of Woodbury. Survivors, I'm proud to present my 7 Days to Die interpretation prefab of Woodbury town from the Walking Dead. This prefab has approx. 25 furnished buildings to explore and famous areas to venture through.

I've tried to keep the main street and the layout of the buildings consistent so that it's match-able somewhat and similar to the original set (and the real life street), although to fit into the 7 Days universe I've had to change up the building uses/internal spaces (what the buildings are/have inside) or had to fill in some of the surrounding areas from my own interpretation of how Woodbury looked or how I believe the governor would have had things organised.

This release of Woodbury is set after the battle with Rick's group, after the Governor and his groupies have been killed, left in despair with the remaining inhabitants left to fend for themselves. Will they be able to rebuild Woodbury once again, or fall to the zeds like so many before them? A whole lot of mess, townsfolk (...as sleepers) and possibly good loot for you to find after all of the governor's time hoarding all of the good stuff to himself.

Difficulty Tier: 5
Available Quests: Clear, Fetch, Infestation

DOWNLOAD
➡️A21 Download (via NexusMods)

Installation instructions to add into your next random gen map:
https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/1369?tab=description

SCREENSHOTS
1369-1687632726-313001304.thumb.png.8f5cd6509892fb30a2f4384680ae7eac.png   1369-1687632756-2014079167.thumb.png.7fe8e2139ea5b45f54d82800b11bd901.png

1369-1687632745-1856587726.thumb.png.69f59c27867c1255e7536583ff5f0f42.png   1369-1687632747-1076125993.thumb.png.916964503ccd9cbb456b8712b93e4e6c.png

The History of Woodbury

Woodbury was originally abandoned by it's original inhabitants, or got unlucky and were turned into the undead and eventually drifted away from the town in search of fresh meat. Some time later, it was eventually discovered by a man named Philip Blake and a few other survivors who had previously barricaded themselves in one of the apartments for an unknown amount of time. However, under new leader ship and by working together, the survivors managed to clear the town of the dead and build fortified walls on Woodbury's streets to keep the dead from re-entering. Over time more survivors arrived at Woodbury and the town grew to contain over 73 survivors, all who fell under the leadership of Philip, or better nicknamed "The Governor". The residents of Woodbury were able to restore power to the town for light via the use of solar panels, grow crops on the streets to feed themselves and had access to many vehicles and homes. Children were also given educations and the town also had a well trained doctor. Some of the town's residents were ex-military soldiers and were tasked by the Governor with guarding the walls 24/7 in order to ensure protection from the dead and potential hostile survivors.

images.jpeg.ca86bae142cc39f0ad78ee8c98952661.jpeg
"In This Life Now, You Kill Or You Die. Or You Die And You Kill!" - The Governor, Woodbury

Edited by Andy Red
A21 Update (see edit history)

Thanks guys!

I did check with @laz-man originally if he had anything in the pipeline with Woodbury as I didn't want to step on his toes :wink-new: I can't wait for a full collection of TWD locations. Imagine a Nitrogen map with just TWD locations and some small towns in between... and then when bandits arrive, imagine them guarding the walls at the prison, Woodbury, Sanctuary etc ...epicness! :highly_amused:

Currently wondering what's the best way to do the roads out of Woodbury to make them look the most natural, as they're not all going to connect to a main road in the RWG.

There's a total of three roads... anyone have any suggestions? I'm thinking to just make the two non-primary roads out of Woodbury look like they been taken over by nature and gradually blended/engulfed into the grass/topsoil.

Thanks guys!

I did check with @laz-man originally if he had anything in the pipeline with Woodbury as I didn't want to step on his toes :wink-new: I can't wait for a full collection of TWD locations. Imagine a Nitrogen map with just TWD locations and some small towns in between... and then when bandits arrive, imagine them guarding the walls at the prison, Woodbury, Sanctuary etc ...epicness! :highly_amused:

Yes!!!! This would be a dream come true to me!!!! Hopefully quest functionality continues to improve so we can make all sorts of cool twd quests. ?

Currently wondering what's the best way to do the roads out of Woodbury to make them look the most natural, as they're not all going to connect to a main road in the RWG.

There's a total of three roads... anyone have any suggestions? I'm thinking to just make the two non-primary roads out of Woodbury look like they been taken over by nature and gradually blended/engulfed into the grass/topsoil.

This is probably the best option for now. Not familiar how nitrogen does roads yet so there might be a more elegant way.

• 7 months later...
38 minutes ago, Andy Red said:

12 Months Later... I'm pleased to announce that Woodbury is now live and available for download!
See the download links above, hope you enjoy exploring all that Woodbury has to offer.

Well done mate. Twd world slowly gathering momentum once again. 

• 4 weeks later...

Andy_Red,

This is an interesting prefab. I can probably recreate some of TWD in a map if youd like. Ive got this and TWD prison in a few maps now, but I havent seen the show or any maps for TWD in a few years. If you can provide any sort of map or set up for this, I can probably take the entire area and possibly design it in a way that could be placed into any map.
Message me if this interests you.

Well done, keep up the good work.

Edited by Cpt Krunch (see edit history)

• Andy Red changed the title to [Prefab] Woodbury Town from The Walking Dead (A21) - Download Available Now

Woodbury Town from The Walking Dead has been updated for A21!

Changes Include:

• Converted for Alpha 21.0 build.

• Incorporated new items from the A21.0 release.

• Lots more décor has been added for extra detail and realism.

• More zombies have been added for additional apocalyptic action.

• Prefab is now a tier 5, up from tier 3 due to increased zombie threat.

• Redesigned level design / player path to end-loot.

• Now infestation-quest compatible.

• Optimised lights and lighting for optimal performance.

• Screenshots updated to match A21.0 release.

Available over at NexusMods with install instructions for adding into your next random gen world -
https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/1369