A19/A18 CreaturePacks - A community entity project

xyth

None of the shown mods have items in their items.xml except for entity hands. No cans. Maybe you have another mod in your mod folder?

I got that too. They smelt fine so no problem. I think they might be from War3zuk modlets. I downloaded his All In One pack so who knows.

Some input after a few days of playing with these packs:

The Good:

- I love these packs

The (not so bad):

- The robots (specifically the one with the light saber) is a little OP against zombies. I had a robot trapped in a building (by accident, he...it? walked in. He has a dudes face IMHO) and he just murdered all the Z's for me (yay) but then he wouldn't leave the building. It was very early game (like day 2) and I couldn't take him on so I tried to lure him out, and more Z's came, so I just lured them inside and he wiped the floor with them. I don't know if there's really a fix for this (or if it's even an issue) but if you can get that robot guy to hang around your area you're kinda safe. I had a trader fight a bunch of Z's for me (also by accident) and it was nice but he had a much harder time of it, and he ran away pretty quickly. I like the robots being more powerful, so I don't think they should be nerfed, so maybe if they could just roam farther/not patrol as tightly it would alleviate being able to lead them around as easily?

Some input after a few days of playing with these packs:

The Good:

- I love these packs

The (not so bad):

- The robots (specifically the one with the light saber) is a little OP against zombies. I had a robot trapped in a building (by accident, he...it? walked in. He has a dudes face IMHO) and he just murdered all the Z's for me (yay) but then he wouldn't leave the building. It was very early game (like day 2) and I couldn't take him on so I tried to lure him out, and more Z's came, so I just lured them inside and he wiped the floor with them. I don't know if there's really a fix for this (or if it's even an issue) but if you can get that robot guy to hang around your area you're kinda safe. I had a trader fight a bunch of Z's for me (also by accident) and it was nice but he had a much harder time of it, and he ran away pretty quickly. I like the robots being more powerful, so I don't think they should be nerfed, so maybe if they could just roam farther/not patrol as tightly it would alleviate being able to lead them around as easily?

I am pretty sure I wrote in the OP that no balance was attempted, so there ya go :-)

They have brutal hand damage right now, I will tone that down when I push a new release later today.

As far as adjusting roaming, I'm limited to the vanilla AI tasks to maintain vanilla compatibility. We can make them do much more in the eventual DMT version.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

I am pretty sure I wrote in the OP that no balance was attempted
...As far as adjusting roaming,

Cool :) Understood (I totally didn't read all the OP info...my bad)! It was just something I noticed in how they behaved vs the traders. I'm not entirely sure if they (the robots) actively go to fight the Z's on sight (suddenly ignoring you after they were chasing you) or if the Z's actually attack them first causing their demise.

They have brutal hand damage right now, I will tone that down when I push a new release later today.

I'm totally fine with the terminator-esque damage :)

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)

None of the shown mods have items in their items.xml except for entity hands. No cans. Maybe you have another mod in your mod folder?

I had more mods installed, but due to this (and some other compatibility issue) I had to remove them all to figure out which one is causing it, so I ended up with only the mods shown on the list and nothing else. The other issue was resolved, but the problem with Empty Cans being scrapped into unit_iron item instead of Iron persists. It's even worse when you scrap just a small amount of them like 1 Empty Can, it's gone, but you get nothing back and before you ask, yes this is a new world, so there shouldn't be any remnants of the previous mods.

I can look for the third time but I dont see or know of any changes to the can in any of the mods you show. remove all mods and test. Still there?

I will try. Also, I just ran into another issue. It seems like mountain lion simply ignored me. It was at night and I was sneaking, but I was literally standing next to him and he just ignored me. I shot him into head and he died instantly. I'm pretty sure that normally he would attack and since I noticed him too late, he would most likely kill me.

Also scrapping bullet casing gives unit_brass

Maybe try validating all your files, then try just add in the creature pack by itself?

Then start a new game, new profile and everything, to remove any doubt.

All I am saying is: I am not having any issues regarding scraping items.

edit: haha or try what Sphereii asked first ;)

This sounds like a feature in the SphereIICore was turned on. Can you check the 0-SphereIICore/Config/blocks.xml for AdvancedItemRepair? Is it set to true or false?

<property class="AdvancedItemFeatures" >
       <property name="Logging" value="false"/>
       <property name="AdvancedItemRepair" value="[color="#FF0000"]true[/color]" />  <!-- Enables more repair options for more complicated repair and scrapping recipes. -->
       <property name="DurabilityAffectsDamage" value="false" />  <!-- For melee, a weapon is reduced as durability goes down. Fix your stuff! -->
     </property>

It looks like it is set to true, assuming this is the line you were looking for?

<property class="AdvancedItemFeatures" >
       <property name="Logging" value="false"/>
       <property name="AdvancedItemRepair" value="[color="#FF0000"]true[/color]" />  <!-- Enables more repair options for more complicated repair and scrapping recipes. -->
       <property name="DurabilityAffectsDamage" value="false" />  <!-- For melee, a weapon is reduced as durability goes down. Fix your stuff! -->
     </property>

It looks like it is set to true, assuming this is the line you were looking for?

It should be false. I just pushed a fix. You can manually change it and test if you'd like.

It should be false. I just pushed a fix. You can manually change it and test if you'd like.

Thank you, I will try this new version.

Also, do you have any idea why animals such as mountain lion are not attacking me? I also noticed a dog who was growling, but not even trying to find me.

Thank you, I will try this new version.

Also, do you have any idea why animals such as mountain lion are not attacking me? I also noticed a dog who was growling, but not even trying to find me.

Probably its EAI tasks aren't set to be aggressive to players.

If you are using it with 0-SphereIICore, then it's probably a bug in the DMT portion, and probably out of scope here, as these would likely work as expected.

Yes, I am using this mod with 0-SphereIICore, because I'm using DMT NPC mod as well, I just wasn't sure which thread I should report this in. Could you please look into that issue?

Run exportcurrentconfigs and post your entityclasses.xml

Player log as well.

Also, the npc mod and this mod are not compatible I don't believe.

The current version is compatible. The Bandit and wandering trader modlets are not. All will just be NPCs now.

Hey Sphereii, hey Xyth!

Animal attack issue seems to be fixed (that cute little white fox is no longer a cute little puppy that follows me everywhere and now it attacks).

But I ran into another compatibility issue - SphereII A Better Life.

Game throws errors in the console which look like the game is trying to tell me that the sounds of Falcon are expected to be in Creature Pack Animals. Is that something that I could fix easily, perhaps by moving resources from SphereII A Better Life to Creature Pack Animals mod? By the way, this is the first time I tried SphereII A Better Life and I saw the new stuff instantly when I spawned in the world and it looks very cool, I hope we will eventually be able to use those mods together.

Hey Sphereii, hey Xyth!

Animal attack issue seems to be fixed (that cute little white fox is no longer a cute little puppy that follows me everywhere and now it attacks).

But I ran into another compatibility issue - SphereII A Better Life.

Game throws errors in the console which look like the game is trying to tell me that the sounds of Falcon are expected to be in Creature Pack Animals. Is that something that I could fix easily, perhaps by moving resources from SphereII A Better Life to Creature Pack Animals mod? By the way, this is the first time I tried SphereII A Better Life and I saw the new stuff instantly when I spawned in the world and it looks very cool, I hope we will eventually be able to use those mods together.

Funny you mention that. Im working on moving the birds out of ABetterLife into CreaturePackAnimals, and notice that animalsounds are broken in ABetterLife. There is no easy fix as there are several issues. Id recommending commenting out all the birds in the spawners and just leave the rest alone for now. I made a few birds today and will be pushing an update to the animals shortly.

Funny you mention that. Im working on moving the birds out of ABetterLife into CreaturePackAnimals, and notice that animalsounds are broken in ABetterLife. There is no easy fix as there are several issues. Id recommending commenting out all the birds in the spawners and just leave the rest alone for now. I made a few birds today and will be pushing an update to the animals shortly.

Looks like you're always restlessly working on making my dreams come true lol! :p

Also, I just met a trader and for some reason, he ran quite a distance just to kill a zombie, BUT he didn't mind a giant spider that was approaching him lol