Realistic graphics

Dimpy

So I've been hearing a lot of work is being put into the graphics of 7dtd. As someone who is used to running games on low setting, does more realistic graphics = more fun?

No take minecraft. Ok Graphics but fun. same for 7DTD for me. and im almost to 1000 hours, and my PC is as effective as A Camel with no legs..... that i caused

So I've been hearing a lot of work is being put into the graphics of 7dtd. As someone who is used to running games on low setting, does more realistic graphics = more fun?

From a gamer's perspective, you are correct. But from a creator's perspective, you want your work to be seen as exemplary in all ways. It is in the best interest of TFP for their game to receive high marks in graphics, coding, fun-factor, replayability, moddability, etc. Think of it as gymnastics or diving-- Scores are greatly affected by technical prowess and degree of difficulty and not just how fun the routine or dive was. TFP want players to have fun but they also want their peers in their field to respect what they were able to do graphically in a voxel world. They want to optimize the game for the players but they also want to hear from people in the industry praise about their code.

They want best marks in all areas of their creation. Besides, for every person who will give a game a chance regardless of how it looks graphically and appreciate it's fun-factor without regard to its aesthetics, there are ten or more others who won't touch it if is visually displeasing.

My brother started playing 7D2D in A16 and he had a potato PC. once he upgraded, not by much i might add, he felt the game was a lot more fun with better graphics. Iny my personal opinion, for this game better graphics will help immerse the player in the game. I think we all would agree the more immersive a game is the more fun it can be. This type of zombie game is much more fun the more believable it looks IMO. *shrugs*

Graphics are like the ice cream on the pie. If the pie is great, you don't need a scoop of vanilla on top to enjoy it.

Yah, but if you want a good dessert and the ice-cream-and-pie is good, that's what it is: good. Terraria would be a lot less fun with crappy art and no music. Spelunky wouldn't be the same without that walking sound and even the intro sequence. Even minecraft would be hurt if they took the music out. There's damn few games that don't rely on art and music to get you in the mood and keep you there.

Games that don't need graphics at all? Nethack. Dwarf Fortress. Go. Chess. Poker. Bridge.

If the pie is great, you don't need a scoop of vanilla on top to enjoy it.

I'll cut you, man.

Games that don't need graphics at all? ...Poker.

My group plays poker with a vintage deck of Hustler playing cards, so Imma have to disagree with you there. The ten of clubs in that deck can break any man's poker face if you know what I mean and I think you do.

Archived