WSAD Settings for vehicles will not work

narimbur

since A17 and also in A18 the game is not able to save the preferences for controlling vehicles. After every restart of the game or changing the vehicle or putting in inventory and out again I have to go to the options for vehicles to manage it again and again. Is that something general or something with OSX? Can't belief that this bug still exist.

since A17 and also in A18 the game is not able to save the preferences for controlling vehicles. After every restart of the game or changing the vehicle or putting in inventory and out again I have to go to the options for vehicles to manage it again and again. Is that something general or something with OSX? Can't belief that this bug still exist.

huh....?

By preferences, do you possibly mean between WASD and mouse steering? If so, left mouse click while in vehicles toggles between the two control types...

If this is what the OP is talking about, I wish the game did save the players selection or at the very least have the game start off default using wsad to steer instead of the mouse. always having to left click with the mouse is stupid and is very annoying.

If this is what the OP is talking about, I wish the game did save the players selection or at the very least have the game start off default using wsad to steer instead of the mouse. always having to left click with the mouse is stupid and is very annoying.

Are you seriously complaining about a single mouse click in a game that requires tens of thousands?

Are you seriously complaining about a single mouse click in a game that requires tens of thousands?

Actually, click count is actually very important as silly as it sounds. Reducing the amount of clicks to accomplish things is actually something considered in software development... 😎

I have to go to the options for vehicles to manage it again and again.
I don't know why the thread went for "single mouse clicks" when you seem to be talking about remapping your keybinds for the vehicle?

I use WERD (leaving my left hand in its proper position on the keyboard) and I've had some issues when saving keybinds. I'm on Linux.

Mostly it works OK, but the biggest issue for me used to be two-fold.

1. Not all the settings would save until a proper exit of the game

2. Pressing "Quit" in a game did indeed quit, all the way to the desktop. Took me a while to realize that it was actually just crashing to desktop on every quit. => No proper exit ever, no saving of some keybinds.

Combined workaround that worked:

Open the game up to the menu, edit the settings, leave the game - Without loading any game.

That way the settings would stick for me. I think I've changed my A18 setting exactly once, and did it via that method by habit, so I don't even know if it would work properly for me by now.

Adding a mouse click to a series of actions that otherwise requires NO mouse input is significant. When i can walk up to my vehicle with WASD, hit E to enter it, and start driving with WASD, then I can be doing something else with the other hand....eating, drinking coffee, or otherwise multitasking to do something else during a part of an otherwise time-intensive game

Stopping to grab the mouse and click once might not seem like much, but it needlessly removes one of the very few activities that can be done exclusively with one hand.

Actually, click count is actually very important as silly as it sounds. Reducing the amount of clicks to accomplish things is actually something considered in software development...

Are you serious? I better stop working on my Jack-off simulator then. All those hours of coding; wasted. :(

Adding a mouse click to a series of actions that otherwise requires NO mouse input is significant. When i can walk up to my vehicle with WASD, hit E to enter it, and start driving with WASD, then I can be doing something else with the other hand....eating, drinking coffee, or otherwise multitasking to do something else during a part of an otherwise time-intensive game

Stopping to grab the mouse and click once might not seem like much, but it needlessly removes one of the very few activities that can be done exclusively with one hand.

First-world problems. SMH.

Archived