Brass?

Armor9

Well that was forges not workstations. 12 forges for solo is definitely a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

For me I got the perk that gives you brass doorknobs for breaking doors. Its very nice lol

I run about 2 forges, 1 has solely iron in it, other has lead/brass/stone etc, though I might run 3 my next game. One brass, one lead, and stone in both when I don't got brass or lead melting.

Yeah i'll probally do that. Going to want at least 2 chem labs minimum I think. In my current game I found the chem lab schematic on day 1, but took till day 12 before I finally found the 2 beakers. Getting the schematic early IS nice, but if your missing the beakers the hardest part of it to find, your kinda SOL lol.

Day 17. I have 5 beakers and no chem lab schematic. Let's trade dude !

3 forges for me (one for iron/steel, another for ammos and the last one for armored glass). I used to craft 4 forges but now, cement is everywhere...

Try searching the junkyards in your area. Often there is a chemistry station and if you are lucky it is destroyed one and contains a schematic for the chemistry station.

No, RNG wants me to stay with a campfire. All the chem stations I have emptied gave me everything but schematics. Of course I found plenty of workbench & cement mixer schematics, without that it wouldn't be funny. But I love that. In a few days it will be resolved by a trader or a lucky loot...

2 player co-op we fired 2000 rounds on day 21 horde (some Shotgun but mostly 9mm and AK rounds). Traps were not set up yet so we had to manually kill but it was still ~2000. That's the kind of Brass numbers we need. It's still a bottleneck despite all the new sources.

that's still only 4000 dukes.

No, RNG wants me to stay with a campfire. All the chem stations I have emptied gave me everything but schematics. Of course I found plenty of workbench & cement mixer schematics, without that it wouldn't be funny. But I love that. In a few days it will be resolved by a trader or a lucky loot...

Yeah its 25% chance for a workstation to drop its schematic, but rng can still decide to be a pain and screw you over even with that decent of a drop chance. I got very lucky getting the workbench and chemlab schematics super early that game. The big hospital poi is good for beakers, there is TONS of those medical piles there tat destroy when you loot them and each can drop beakers, that or a pop n pillz store is usually my best bet to find them.

Also not using turrets on horde night will save you a ton of ammo, I never use turrets.. why? their damage is garbage compared to what a player can do, I'd rather fire off the ammo myself doing triple (or more) the damage per shot. Shotgun turret does what 12x8 like a t1 shotgun? my T6 shotgun does 22x8, and thats before my lv 4 shotgun perk and the book that gives 10% on top of that. So its more closer to 28 or 30x8 for buckshot. I'd just have junk turrets setup, they can hit about 20-24 damage at t6 with mods, but the ammo is a joke to make, and have several setup and just move around when one runs out of ammo. You can also put the drum magazine from the machinegun book series in a junk turret, I have a t5 junk turret with a clip size of 176 on it. 849469257_7DaysToDie2019-10-2922-15-21j.jpg.51e6891603c284394abbf3c63a7090f9.jpg

Brass is SUUUPER easy.

Take all your junk weapons and sell them to traitor joel.

Take all your tokens and smelt them

1 token = 1 brass

I got THOUSANDS of bullet casings ready for me :-p

Agree. Brass is super easy to get now in A18. T1 items aren't worth much so I just recycle them into parts or melt them in my forge. The other tiers I just repair them fully and sell back to the trader. T6 items I keep 1 or 2 and sell the rest.

To OP, you need to find trader quests that point to POIs which have high quality chests. You'll get tons of things to sell and the best part is a lot of the times, the quests are repeatable (that is they point to the same POI). I find that T4 quests is just right.

1 duke/token = 1 brass.

2 brass = 1 bullet casing.

Even better is when you finish the book series and can make bulk ammo eg. box of 7.62 ammo. I can make boxes of all ammo in the game. In fact, I'm 7/7 of all the (book) series in the game, except for 1 (6/7). Can't remember at the top of my head which book I'm missing. I found 6 traders and check for the books there every 3 days.

1: Dukes can be smelted down into brass now at a 1 to 1 ratio. T3-5 quests usually award over 1500-2000 dukes each without any special perks. Thats 1500 to 2000 brass smelted in a forge.

2: In poi's you see those radiators on walls? smash them with a pickaxe, or even a sledge to get a radiator out of it which can be smelted or scrapped into brass. Its a guarnteed radiator per. Might get 2 if you have salvage ops at 5/5 thou. but since when a quest poi is reset those also respawn, shouldn't need it.

3: As mentioned there are books that get you doorknobs for smashing doors.

For me gunpowder is actually the major crux for bullets. Lead and brass are super easy to get now, in fact I find more lead nodes in the forest than any other type usually. Brass can be smelted from dukes, which later on your going to have more than you ever need.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, its gunpowder honestly thats harder to get due to its slow craft time now. its 3-4 seconds each which adds up fast when unperked. I never spend any points in intel anymore in my games as I can just get schematics for crafting.

Yep, gunpowder seems to be the thing I'm lacking too. Of course as soon as I buy the perk for chem station crafting, I find a working one in a pop in pills...😂

Yep, gunpowder seems to be the thing I'm lacking too. Of course as soon as I buy the perk for chem station crafting, I find a working one in a pop in pills...

RNG looking at you :

"Ok he just bought it. 8000 coins."

Murphy :

"It's a broken one, isn't it ?"

RNG :

"No I can't do that. But wait : now I can put chem station schematics in the loot. Let's see his face in 3...2...1..."

Murphy :

"You're such a bitch. I'm in love."

50k gunpowder? that's 50k coal and nitrate...did you know you can sell coal and nitrate? and lead?

Did you know you can turn scrap iron into brass at about 2-3 iron to 1 brass? Turn 3 scrap iron into a junk turret ammo. Sell junk turret ammo for ~1.5 dukes each.

Do you guys do quests? that's a thousand+ dukes at quest level 3+ plus the item which, as long as it's above Q1, will likely sell for 200-1000 dukes.

Archived