No Tier 6 Crafting

00debbie

Craftables have random stats now.

T5 item can be better then T6.

They are also limiting T6 items overall, making them actually rare and precious, not your standard quality after 10 hours of play time.

What makes you go on these long rants, just because you can't have instantly best gear in games?

guess what? you can find level 5s too so you are WAAAY more likely to find something better than you can craft before you event think about crafting them. Also forget crafting steel tools before you get power tools. By the time you get the parts to make a steel tool you are going to FIND a power tool or a steel tool. Not to mention crafting has been split up so getting the skill to craft one thin doesn't let you craft everything anymore so it doesn't even matter if you can craft tier 6 because you cant craft tier 6 everything. But as I said it doesn't matter one way or another because you WILL find better stuff before you can craft them. at this point dumping all points you can into perception at the start to get lucky looter maxed is the best strategy. Hell its the only logical strategy at this point.

Start warming up your uninstall finger...

Very professional response.

True epic rarity of purples and super rarity of blues and very rarity of greens is the only way that this can go down and work and feel rewarding for both crafting and looting. When people feel they've played out their current world after spending 100 - 200 hours there they should still only have a handful of purple items.

But for most of the player base they are never going to see another game of all purple gear which means you won't see another game at all if you make good on your promise.

I don't speak for most I speak for me and my opinion. And the last I checked I was part of the player base and my opinion was valued. I see your's have changed. pitty

I cannot see the vast majority of players seriously looting for 100's of hours looking for purples while sifting through endless trash Q1-3 items. People will be burned out looting and just quit.

No they won't. They will scrap their Q1-Q3 items for parts so they can craft Q4 and Q5 items and every once in awhile they will get something good and it will be exciting.

Second...why can we only be rewarded for 100's of hours of looting, not 100's of hours of crafting? Can anyone really say it's impossible to make getting a Q6 item take a long time? I bet not.

There are things in the game that you get rewarded for for crafting. You are focusing on one very narrow and targeting crafting product but we craft tons of other things that bring us benefits such as blocks for building, furniture and containers for storage and decorating, traps and defenses, farming plots, etc.

I think time will tell how this all goes and maybe TFP will change things up based on ongoing feedback over the next few months. Maybe instead of making QL6 the legendary level they will return that to us and create a QL7 for legendary. Or maybe not.

Really? I didn't realize that. Do you know how much it adds?

I just tried a magazine extender mod to my pistol. Went from 37 to 39 damage. With 4 mod slots that's 8 more dam, not too bad.

- - - Updated - - -

What you see as crucial, I see as nice to have.

- - - Updated - - -

Could you elaborate then? What do you feel is better than an extra mod slot?

I think valmar's mod used to have "legendary" type equipment. Would make more sense/be more exciting for the legendary items to not be a separate tier, but more unique pieces of gear...falling within the existing rank of gear tiers.

Example - "jason voorhees' machete"

Could be quality 1-6 but it has specific bonuses, (higher damage, different swing, bonus to some skill, a unique perk while equipped). Just getting another tier doesn't really make things feel legendary.

Very professional response.

You brought it up. I simply took you at your word.

I don't speak for most I speak for me and my opinion. And the last I checked I was part of the player base and my opinion was valued. I see your's have changed. pitty

I never said you couldn't share your opinion. I don't think you understood my point. I wasn't saying that your opinion means nothing or that you were trying to speak for the player base. I was saying that most of the player base won't play a single save long enough to find all purple gear. That's all.

Look, you were the one that started in with the "I'm going home and taking my ball with me" kind of talk. You said YOU would probably not continue with the game if top quality stuff becomes super rare. I'm saying YOU better either change your mind on this or be ready to do as you said because the devs ARE on the path you are afraid they are on. And I don't think that your sentiment reflects the overall player base. I think the overall player base will get used to this just like they did with zombie loot and the switch away from LBD.

I just tried a magazine extender mod to my pistol. Went from 37 to 39 damage. With 4 mod slots that's 8 more dam, not too bad.

Cool, thanks for the info

Could you elaborate then? What do you feel is better than an extra mod slot?

I don't have the numbers in front of me so I'm going to make up an example... but, lets say you get a Q5 item that rolls high and does 50 block damage and the current Q6 item you have only does 40 block damage. That would probably be worth a mod slot to me.

I think valmar's mod used to have "legendary" type equipment. Would make more sense/be more exciting for the legendary items to not be a separate tier, but more unique pieces of gear...falling within the existing rank of gear tiers.

Example - "jason voorhees' machete"

Could be quality 1-6 but it has specific bonuses, (higher damage, different swing, bonus to some skill, a unique perk while equipped). Just getting another tier doesn't really make things feel legendary.

This is exactly what it will be but we are in a time of transition right now. Legendary is a WIP and we are playing with the placeholders.

7 Days to Die - The Zombie Looting Crafting but never reach top "survival" game

-or-

7 Days to Die - The infinite time sink game

Just no longer

7 Days to Die - The Zombie Looting Crafting Get Completely Outfitted in All Purple Gear by Week 3 Game

Just no longer

7 Days to Die - The Zombie Looting Crafting Get Completely Outfitted in All Purple Gear by Week 3 Game

You missed a word

7 Days to Die - The Zombie Looting Crafting Get Completely Outfitted in All Purple Gear by Week 3 Game Maybe

You brought it up. I simply took you at your word.

I never said you couldn't share your opinion. I don't think you understood my point. I wasn't saying that your opinion means nothing or that you were trying to speak for the player base. I was saying that most of the player base won't play a single save long enough to find all purple gear. That's all.

Look, you were the one that started in with the "I'm going home and taking my ball with me" kind of talk. You said YOU would probably not continue with the game if top quality stuff becomes super rare. I'm saying YOU better either change your mind on this or be ready to do as you said because the devs ARE on the path you are afraid they are on. And I don't think that your sentiment reflects the overall player base. I think the overall player base will get used to this just like they did with zombie loot and the switch away from LBD.

That is not what I was saying at all. Yes I said it would be my last play through if they did that, and it very well might be. It is more directed at an attempt to express the dislike for this direction.

I know your job is hard and not as rewarding as it should be. But, no offense here I thought part of that job was taking concerns of the players to TFP and all I am seeing from you lately is "they have made up their mind, suck it up". All some of us are wanting is another look to be taken at the current situation. I still see no valid reason on the crafting nerf.

Cool, thanks for the info

I don't have the numbers in front of me so I'm going to make up an example... but, lets say you get a Q5 item that rolls high and does 50 block damage and the current Q6 item you have only does 40 block damage. That would probably be worth a mod slot to me.

I was thinking exclusively of firearms I guess, no idea what it does with tools and such.

Just no longer

At what week can you get outfitted with looting. Have to ask RNGesus

At what week can you get outfitted with crafting. Never

I was thinking exclusively of firearms I guess, no idea what it does with tools and such.

Gotcha, but my answer would probably be the same.... at a certain point (I'm not sure what point it would be.... it would be case by case) a higher stat (whether it be damage or ROF or range or whatever) will outweigh a mod slot. I see that as a good thing, as I now have to weigh my options when looking at weapons. It's no longer as clear as purple>blue. Sure, most of the time it will be... but not always.

No they won't. They will scrap their Q1-Q3 items for parts so they can craft Q4 and Q5 items and every once in awhile they will get something good and it will be exciting.

And since everyone will need to loot, even crafters, the chance of getting a T6 is still there for both crafters and looters alike.

And those that puts the effort into crafting will be the ones able to turn "junk" into gold, while looters still have to rely on the RNG. Hmmm.. I don't fully like it, but it might be the best that could be done without completly reworking the system (again). At least it make some sense.

I dont think that anyone is really campaigning to get any amount of gear faster...people (myself included) just do not only want one path to reach said equipment.

Spam crafting to level might not have been the best situation, but having to mine all day and come back to my base and make about 20 fire axes hoping to get a high quality one would be exciting.

I'm a huge proponent for a full modified rng system for crafting tier, or deep implementation of the random stats and removal of quality levels altogether, in lieu of stats being the "quality"

I really don't understand why some people hate this so much. With looting you can maybe find afew purples after 100s of hours. With crafting, you maybe will find the same purples after 100s of hours but the entire time you will be able to break down the ♥♥♥♥ty guns you find and craft blue grade easy and unless lucky, you will probably have the gun you want in blue grade faster than say someone who is only looting.

Hell, I play games like ff14 a lot and in there crafting is huge, and still though it can't make the best gear. Instead, the strongest crafted gear in that game makes you strong enough to do the endgame raids which drop the actual best gear.

All I'm hearing here is that people want a way to make the best actual gear not by getting lucky and finding it, but by breaking down ♥♥♥♥ty guns and making themselves whatever purple they want. If the blue grade though can let you say kill every zombie in the game without much difficulty compared to a purple, then why are people crying that not being able to craft purple is the worst thing in the world.

I really don't understand why some people hate this so much. With looting you can maybe find afew purples after 100s of hours. With crafting, you maybe will find the same purples after 100s of hours but the entire time you will be able to break down the ♥♥♥♥ty guns you find and craft blue grade easy and unless lucky, you will probably have the gun you want in blue grade faster than say someone who is only looting.

Hell, I play games like ff14 a lot and in there crafting is huge, and still though it can't make the best gear. Instead, the strongest crafted gear in that game makes you strong enough to do the endgame raids which drop the actual best gear.

All I'm hearing here is that people want a way to make the best actual gear not by getting lucky and finding it, but by breaking down ♥♥♥♥ty guns and making themselves whatever purple they want. If the blue grade though can let you say kill every zombie in the game without much difficulty compared to a purple, then why are people crying that not being able to craft purple is the worst thing in the world.

Would you be "crying" if crafting was the ONLY way to get the best gear?

At what week can you get outfitted with looting. Have to ask RNGesus

At what week can you get outfitted with crafting. Never

At what week can you get outfitted with looting? Week 999999999

At what week can you get outfitted with crafting? Never

About the same, honestly

Archived