New/Old Way to Avoid 7 Day Horde

USSF06

I didn't want to share this, but honestly, I'm a builder, and I think other builders would love to know.

A18 brought back large bodies of water, which made me curious if they fixed spawning issues involving bodies of water. We found an island only a little ways from the coastline and began building. Day 28 horde night arrived and to our surprise, no 7 Day hordes came along. The water isn't that deep, nor are we super far from the coast. In A16, the console would display something like "Error - Invalid Spawn - Try again in X minutes". I have not checked the console for A18e, but I do know the hordes are not spawning if we're surrounded by water.

I'm sure TFP will find a way to fix it eventually, so enjoy it while you can! I love A18, but I miss the old days where zombies were dumb and didnt know how to bring down massive structures. :distrust:

I am right there with you, missing dumb zombies.

I don't mind a few, special zombies being 'more smart' (I mean cops spitting acid kind of breaks us into fantasy land already), but the way zombie ai just magically calculates (in computer time, of course) what the weakest path to you is, and then zombies hyper-break everything in their way...but also will walk around traps as if they know what they are...it's immersion breaking (and it really makes a lot of the base building superfluous, which is irksome)

I am right there with you, missing dumb zombies.

I don't mind a few, special zombies being 'more smart' (I mean cops spitting acid kind of breaks us into fantasy land already), but the way zombie ai just magically calculates (in computer time, of course) what the weakest path to you is, and then zombies hyper-break everything in their way...but also will walk around traps as if they know what they are...it's immersion breaking (and it really makes a lot of the base building superfluous, which is irksome)

One can have quite a bit of fun with trigger plates and powered doors.

I didn't want to share this but..... you can disable Blood Moons in the top menu as a selectable option.

For those who don't like bloodmoons for whatever reason but also can't find a good island to build upon this little secret might be a godsend.

I didn't want to share this, but honestly, I'm a builder, and I think other builders would love to know.

A18 brought back large bodies of water, which made me curious if they fixed spawning issues involving bodies of water. We found an island only a little ways from the coastline and began building. Day 28 horde night arrived and to our surprise, no 7 Day hordes came along. The water isn't that deep, nor are we super far from the coast. In A16, the console would display something like "Error - Invalid Spawn - Try again in X minutes". I have not checked the console for A18e, but I do know the hordes are not spawning if we're surrounded by water.

I'm sure TFP will find a way to fix it eventually, so enjoy it while you can! I love A18, but I miss the old days where zombies were dumb and didnt know how to bring down massive structures. :distrust:

yeah its, I want to say a well known little secret...but maybe its not well known....

This thread, as a complaint that they chose a cool base, and the game won't spawn zombies for them, would be a valid complaint.

This thread as a "hey you can use this trick to not get horde night" is irrelevant, due to, as Roland mentioned, the option already to turn blood moons off completely...It's not like the game is being played to accomplish a highscore and every option affects it. Play what's fun. If you don't want bloodmoons, then turn them off. I don't get seeking bugs to do what options can do (unless they want to add danger outside the base?)

This thread, as a complaint that they chose a cool base, and the game won't spawn zombies for them, would be a valid complaint.

This thread as a "hey you can use this trick to not get horde night" is irrelevant, due to, as Roland mentioned, the option already to turn blood moons off completely...It's not like the game is being played to accomplish a highscore and every option affects it. Play what's fun. If you don't want bloodmoons, then turn them off. I don't get seeking bugs to do what options can do (unless they want to add danger outside the base?)

Not irrelevant if you are on a server. You can't turn off horde nights then. You can log out sure, but using the trick lets you stay online and craft or chat with friends.

But...you could play on a server that uses the settings you want...OR...play using on a server using different settings using those settings. Why join a group of people all following the same set of rules only to make a concerted effort to ignore some of those rules?

My server consistently has the same five regulars on it, and we all have different play styles. I prefer fighting in the open. Some prefer fighting in a cage. The one who is building on water literally doesnآ’t care whether he fights a horde or not. He just enjoys 1) that bodies of water are back and 2) the castle he is building wonآ’t be messed with.

I dont get this part. Im a builder too, and precisely bc of that, hordes is the thing I like most about the game (well, preparing my base for them more than fighting them).

I dont get this part. Im a builder too, and precisely bc of that, hordes is the thing I like most about the game (well, preparing my base for them more than fighting them).

I like building prefab type structures, not necessarily horde ready structures. I like to imagine I’m rebuilding society; clean, comfortable living areas with horde bases/defenses out of view.

Why rip on people for their preferred way of playing?

People may play on a server to be with friends, but may not enjoy the horde while their friends do.

Maybe people want to have a nice home in game that isn't mad Max with death traps and won't be blown up by the zombie horde.

Maybe they don't want to ride on a bike for 15 minutes every horde night.

I don't get how some people playing in a certain way hurt other people so much that they have to make snarky quips like:

I didn't want to share this but..... you can disable Blood Moons in the top menu as a selectable option.

For those who don't like bloodmoons for whatever reason but also can't find a good island to build upon this little secret might be a godsend.

Thank you OP. I for one am very interested in your topic regardless of the sarcastic answer of moderators.

No problem. I thought people were over reacting to how certain members are, but alas, seems they were simply calling it as they saw it.

To whomever asked about the demolishers, unless they spawn casually throughout the world, you'll never see one wandering the coast.

But...you could play on a server that uses the settings you want...OR...play using on a server using different settings using those settings. Why join a group of people all following the same set of rules only to make a concerted effort to ignore some of those rules?

I wasn't exactly looking for a solution just saying it is not irrelevant to those who play on a server and don't feel like looking for a new one. It is something they would use.

Archived