new funpimps video AM EXCITED!!!!

Chronosphere

you guys have made INSANE results new icons looks dope af, smooth and shiny i love it to death! mwhahha xD

i love the it so much you guys made me feel like its xmas tomorrow and i am 10 not 28 good!

you guys really need to let loose or loosen up. you made it imo. alpha 18 is a complete and utter success congrats from Norway.

ofc you guys knows what is still on fix list but i say godamn well done steak.

"new alpha every 3 months now that we have all the systems needed in A17!"

A17 was released 10 months ago.

They need to start delivering on what they actually say about time frames.

It seems that they are changing their vision for the game with every alpha, which is very time consuming obviously. I completely forgot about the 3 month promise, this is the 3rd alpha in a row that has taken at least 8 months to come out (Alpha 17 took 16 months)

Plenty of people also forgot about the part, where they said that "If X feature/item will not be ready for A18, it will be cut from it" and instead we have a constantly bloating list of changes and A18 still weeks away at best.

Pimps, while doing good job on the game, became masters of contradicting themselves and feedback being completely irrelevant unless MM experiences issues first hand personally doesn't help either.

you need to relax, and be humble and stop complaining..

- - - Updated - - -

atleast they give us info more and more recently so we should show same courtasy back to them for trying to and cheer them on. if u put postivity into something it will be made with greatness instead of depression :) think before you complain again u did it :) <3

I was relaxed last 6 years after investing into kickstarter for 7D.

I'll be able to raise a child before this game will be released in that pace.

We're not trying to improve planet for future generations.

We're waiting for a game that is stuck in eternal alpha.

Acceptable time frame for releasing a game is getting close to its limit for me.

Hell, this game alone, while as successful and good as it is, is about 80% of reason why I ignore all early access titles now.

Yes, I'm salty and growing more salty every day, "game of a lifetime" shouldn't require actual lifetime to be finished.

Yes, I will be generous with praise and cheers when development will be moving faster then 80 year old grandma with arthritis trying to cross the street.

Acceptable time frame for releasing a game is getting close to its limit for me.

Hell, this game alone, while as successful and good as it is, is about 80% of reason why I ignore all early access titles now.

Yes, I'm salty and growing more salty every day, "game of a lifetime" shouldn't require actual lifetime to be finished.

Yes, I will be generous with praise and cheers when development will be moving faster then 80 year old grandma with arthritis trying to cross the street.

alright, mr salty investor. investing doesnt make stuff go faster it can only go as fast as it does. maby if u cheered them on when u began 6 years ago then maby stuff happend faster. talk about wasting 6 years immobilzed.

alright, mr salty investor. investing doesnt make stuff go faster it can only go as fast as it does. maby if u cheered them on when u began 6 years ago then maby stuff happend faster. talk about wasting 6 years immobilzed.

Well no actually, if TFP didn't get investors then it is very unlikely that 7DTD would even be out on the market as a Early Access title, if at all. And while good feedback and high morale is good on any team, getting proper funding and keeping a well organized schedule is very important. It's probably not a good idea to not give criticism out of fear of the dev team moving slower, in fact that's probably doing more harm than good. Sometimes it's necessary to pop bubbles and remind people of reality. How ever else could you improve? If everything you're doing is getting flawless feedback, then you simply must be doing things perfectly and there is no need to improve.

This mindset doesn't work when applied to any other industry, adversity to criticism is not only off putting to those watching but it impedes your ability to improve and create better projects.

I personally am happy with the game and the idea that this is still Alpha is a bit ridiculous and Beta seems to be something after I am laid to rest.

If you enjoy the game like me then who cares what Alpha, Beta and gone Gold means to the game other than a stamp of their personal feeling of completeness as it means to them.

Can you please post the link to the video you've seen, I clicked on this to see the video and there is no link.

You make it sound like you have been unable to play or enjoy the game for the development cycle. Does the game have to go Gold in order for you to admit you have enjoyed playing it? Yea, the long cycle can be annoying but the changes are major enough each time that it almost feels like we have been getting major expansion packs over the last 3 years or so, and for free.

While the name and basic concept of the game is the same as when I started in Alpha 9, it feels like I have played the game new (or nearly so) at least a half-a-dozen times. So I am certainly gotten my money's worth out of it. In fact, chances are that once the game gets finished and no more major updates are planned, I will end up finally quiting playing it, simply because there is nothing overly new to look forward too...

I think that the comment about 3 months per release was at the beginning of A17 (or just before), which is the moment they did not realise it was not the promised land they advertised it for. So yeah, they had to redo A LOT to shift from an average A17 (in terms of playability, bug numbers and overall player satisfaction) to something that players will acknowledge in at least 80% as an improvement.

All in all, they are working on the game to deliver the best updates, sometimes they may slip up, but we just need to be patient. Even Terraria started as an above average game, with 1.1 and 1.2 updates changing and expanding it exponentially. Not to mention the 1.3 updates...

We are all waiting for the exp to hit. I am not watching too many vids and not concentrating too much on the changes. I will rate everything when it comes and see how functional, enjoyable and interesting the game becomes.

Here is some easy math.

Bought 7D2D for $12-ish for Alpha 6.

Played 500 hours.

What else provides that much fun for $12?

Anyone with over 50 hours of game time doesn't have a lot of room to bitch and moan. If you had fun while doing it, you got your monies worth. If you didn't, well then you are a patient masochist.

The game keeps getting better overall with a few hiccups here and there. I am damn excited for A18 whenever it drops.

While I may not share the entirety of the OP's exuberance, I absolutely agree with the sentiment.

Here is some easy math.

Played 500 hours.

Anyone with over 50 hours of game time doesn't have a lot of room to bitch and moan. If you had fun while doing it, you got your monies worth. If you didn't, well then you are a patient masochist.

The game keeps getting better overall with a few hiccups here and there. I am damn excited for A18 whenever it drops.

While I may not share the entirety of the OP's exuberance, I absolutely agree with the sentiment.

You have to integrate the fun density over time to get the total amount of fun. ;) Imo considering only the number of hours is a bit too easy. Fun is not a binary thing. For instance, I had much more fun playing The Forest than playing 7 Days to Die's in survival mode but it didn't last that long. It got boring faster and I needed more breaks. To me 7 Days (in survival mode) offers a long lasting 'decent' but not great fun. Probably that's somehow related to the big changes that occur with each new alpha. Not sure what will happen to my motivation when they stop changing the base game mechanics. Ofc creative mode/prefab building is a whole different story.^^

Edit:

+ that stuff that Guppy said in the comment below.^^

Here is some easy math.

Played 500 hours.

I don't know if I like that logic. A11 - A13 was probably the most "fun" for me, and it has downslided since then; so you're saying I should be happy that I got to have fun in the past, and because of that, be okay that the game isn't that much fun now? No, I definitely do not like that logic.

A couple of things in favor of your argument though, one is that I still have access (I think) to A11 - A13, but I honestly don't anticipate that being so once the game goes gold... they'd actually be smart to sell those separately for like $2.99 each or something... and two of course, is that A18 actually looks like they've been listening to me this whole time and they've made a lot of changes that will make it much more fun. =)

"new alpha every 3 months now that we have all the systems needed in A17!"

A17 was released 10 months ago.

They need to start delivering on what they actually say about time frames.

It's always been like this, and it's not gonna change now. I don't blame them, either. When it comes to huge projects like this, nothing can truly be set in stone, much less estimations regarding time.

That being said, I do agree that they should probably find a way to deliver the major updates a little quicker. I think an update a year is a tad too long.

How about Half-Life 2 Episode 3, remember the promise of a new episode every 6 months, well where is Episode 3, Episode 2 was 2007 and ever since Gabe Newel started counting all the money from using Steam to distribute games I guess that was scraped. They could have just let another developer make it but they did not even do that. These guys are working on the game and I know the time consuming nature of making a game from using level editors. I had 6 months of work making a level for Day of Defeat Source. It is time consuming to build all of the houses and add entities and apply textures and play test it alone myself every new piece I added.

Just so you know I am not just making this up, This mission for Thief: Deadly Shadow took me 8 months and it was never completed:

This one was for The Dark Mod and I sunk about 2-3 months in it as as well:

This type of thing is time consuming and like what was said we can still enjoy the game we paid for while we get updates, unlike Half-Life 2 Episode 3.

I forgot to add that I am a perfectionist and this is why these projects took so long.

Archived