Working Water Vehicles for 7 Days to Die

Ragsy 2145

• 1 month later...

New Updates for the Boating Modlet released now at Version 4 .

After taking a complete break from boats for a while to due R/L stuff, came back and set about improvements with fresh perspective.

Updates in Version 4

1. Fixed momentum and now boats will slowly come to a halt and stop ... they stop quicker with pressing the S key.

2. Both boats can 'anchor in water' just make sure boats are level in the water after they have come to a full stop by using c or spacebar and they wont drift away ...useful for fishing mods and the like.

3. Fixed placing in water ..boats were slow to come to surface.

4. Boat stabilty improved and stopped the random sinking when tilted too much.

5. Added a second seat to the flat bottomed boat (not tested in MP yet ).

6. Adjusted turn rates and speeds to more suitable levels (subjective).

7. Boat names changed for readability ... may effect modlets that reference the original names.

The TFP Raft will be the next release hopefully will have that completed in the next few days.

Regards

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Links removed (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Imagine a ship that is big enough to provide solid ground to hold another entity in form of a storage box to hold your supplies while you're on the water. I think this could be doable in Alpha 18. It wouldn't really replace a base, but it would probably be the next best thing. :)

• 3 months later...
On 3/6/2020 at 12:25 AM, mr.devolver said:

Imagine a ship that is big enough to provide solid ground to hold another entity in form of a storage box to hold your supplies while you're on the water. I think this could be doable in Alpha 18. It wouldn't really replace a base, but it would probably be the next best thing. :)

We will sea :)

Good News for Water vehicles is that they all Currently work in A19 with no adjustments needed .....  Going to work on a few more models to bring in for A19 duration.  

llAo2Uj.jpg

regards

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Updated Pic link (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

Another one coming soon ......  others are in the works to give a bit more variety ( Smaller one's ) .   Hopefully this one be finalised by the first A19 Stable release ,

Regards

Ragsy !!

A wonderful job, keep it up, I'm still waiting for vehicle madness hehe.

• 2 weeks later...

The Riverboat will ready to release for A19 stable after I find the right recipe for it  ....  its more of a mid to end game boat so when i get a recipe together thats viable will release it,  also have updated the Boating Modlet with the smaller boats to linear lighting .  

rB02OTW.jpg 

Regards

Ragsy !!

41 minutes ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

The Riverboat will ready to release for A19 stable after I find the right recipe for it  ....  its more of a mid to end game boat so when i get a recipe together thats viable will release it,  also have updated the Boating Modlet with the smaller boats to linear lighting .  

rB02OTW.jpg 

Regards

Ragsy !!

The galley type boat looks great (the others too) great work ragsy 2145 keep it up.

The galley boat is a prototype for Guppycur's  'Medieval Mod 2' ... its huge compared to the riverboat lol

It may or may not be used I dont know but there are different period boats to look at though for that project we will see.  

Regards

Ragsy !!

• 2 weeks later...

Took a 'small break' from Vehicle Madness over last few days and took another look into the boating scene .  Some more additions coming to the fleet for when A19 is released as Stable  ....  Fishing Boat, RiverBoat and working on a rowing boat option and also found a new toy.

Ragsy !!

• Ragsy 2145 changed the title to Water Vehicle Modlets

Bathtub Boat Modlet for A19 Version 2

ZT6o9Yp.jpg

JQ5HHhD.jpg

Launch

Place the bathtub boat on/in water in a 'shallow water' area that has fairly flat ground underneath, if you have no shallow water in your map then build a small launch dock, then add fuel to bath tub boat and off you go.

The Bath tub boat can be placed on land but will barely be able to move ( new physics colliders experiment) rendering it unsteerable and very very slow to move.

Controls

Steering is A and D as per vanilla setings ....mouse is for looking around only and has no affect on steering a boat.
Space bar and c control the up and down angles (same as a gyro) which you will need to adjust slightly as you travel on water otherwise you may sink.  
W is forwards and S is slow down/reverse ..If you let go of w and shift (Turbo) then the boat slowly comes to a stop, pressing S will slow the boat down more quickly this replaces spacebar as the brake key.
To anchor the bathtub boat and stop it drifting away use c and spacebar to level the boat till it stops drifting, useful if you have a fishing mod installed.

Anchoring

To anchor the bath boat and stop it drifting away use c and spacebar to level the boat till it stops drifting, useful if you have a fishing mod installed.

Crafting

The bathtub boat is craftable in a standard workbench with no progression needed at the cost of various resources and by creating the required assemblies to build it,  it will help early game if you actually find a 'working workbench' and this allow you to make the bath tub a lot sooner.

If anyone wants to change the recipes and build methods then please do so but let me know how you improved it.

Other

The bathtub boat can be picked up into inventory providing the boats inventory is empty as per normal vehicles if you sink it at any point , although be careful if you sink it too far away from the shores as it could be a long swim back.  Best to not store stuff as Zombies now can attack water vehicles in game.

Changelog
Version2
1. Optimised Model to reduce size of unity file.  
2. Added Particles ...these can be switched on or off with the F key ... (headlight function)
3. Depth mask applied to stop water seeping effect and allow it to ride lower in water for more realism effect.
4. Textures adjusted
5. Added working propeller

*******  THIS MODLET HAS CUSTOM ASSETS AND MUST BE INSTALLED ON
BOTH CLIENT AND THE SERVER TO USE THE MOD IN MULTIPLAYER *******

Bathtub Boat version 2 Download

Happy Boating in A19

Ragsy!!

Edited by Ragsy 2145
New version added (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/22/2020 at 5:08 AM, Gouki said:

Thank you very much Ragsy for the bathtub, I already saw myself fishing and laziness, listening to Xyth's radio and with my six of beers.

I have this to finish setting up ...  Still working out stuff on a speedboat and the bigger boats but put those back a bit as Vehicle Maness seems to take up most of my free time.

20201007004520_1.thumb.jpg.349b952b94b702e52b5b0c80e8e3ffc9.jpg

regards

Ragsy !!