What Gnamod do you use?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What Gnamod do you use?

• Gnamod Core
    • Gnamod Core (Classic Toolbar)
    • Gnamod UI
    • Gnamod UI (Classic Toolbar)
    • Gnamod Horde Mode Only
    • Gnamod Horde Mode Only (Classic Toolbar)
    • Gnamod Core and Horde Mode
    • Gnamod Core and Horde Mode (Classic Toolbar)

Hello Markezzz,

I will see what happens if I run one on my server today and report back, maybe there is some trick to it that we are missing to make this work.

Followup:

I did some testing today and loaded my server up with both Horde Mode Hill and Horde Mode Crater and both worked fine. I installed the mods manually and copied over the prefabs. I think I left the WorldGenSeed and Size on the default values.

So I am not sure why people are falling through the world on your server. Maybe you can share the logs with me (pastebin or join the discord and post it there). Could be that something errors out causing something to not load correctly.

Seems that i missed to install the prefabs. Now it works fpr me too. :)

Thanks for the Help and the next streem comes with our server. :D

• 4 weeks later...
What are the general design guidelines for the POIs in necropolis? I've never made prefabs for 7dtd, but this has me interested.

Probably a good idea to (if you have not already) join the discord (link in first post) so can discuss it there in more detail.

But in order to work with them they will need to use one of the road segments that come with the mod or a variation on it (but then the side information will also need to be adjusted).

Though the easiest way is to let me handle it and just build something decrepit, ruined or broken. I need buildings in between totally collapsed and mostly intact, maybe even the variations of the same building.

If you never build a prefab before, probably a good idea to learn how the ingame editor works, I can help you with questions on it and there are some tutorials I think on YouTube if that works for you.

But the measurements of any building should be in increments of 16, so 16x16 would be the smallest, probably not going to go bigger than 512x512 (which would be a massive build). I managed to fit the Higashi on a 64x64, and most of the road segments I made are also that size.

Hi,

downloaded gnamod core plus UI today and installed them on a fresh install of 7days. When I start the game it gets up to "Loading Block Textures" and then loops a NullReferenceExeption. Logfile says:

--------------------------------------

2019-08-22T05:42:05 71.668 INF WorldStaticData.Init() needed 3.803s

2019-08-22T05:42:06 71.911 INF [steamworks.NET] Login ok.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at XUiV_Texture.UpdateData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiView.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiV_Texture.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiController.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUi.OnUpdateDeltaTime (Single updateDeltaTime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiUpdater.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.gmUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

----------------------------------------

This is on linux though. Any ideas?

Hi,

downloaded gnamod core plus UI today and installed them on a fresh install of 7days. When I start the game it gets up to "Loading Block Textures" and then loops a NullReferenceExeption. Logfile says:

--------------------------------------

2019-08-22T05:42:05 71.668 INF WorldStaticData.Init() needed 3.803s

2019-08-22T05:42:06 71.911 INF [steamworks.NET] Login ok.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at XUiV_Texture.UpdateData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiView.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiV_Texture.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUi.OnUpdateDeltaTime (Single updateDeltaTime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiUpdater.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.gmUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

----------------------------------------

This is on linux though. Any ideas?

I have no experience with running my (or any) mod on Linux.

I did just learn there is a bug with how paths are processed in Unity in the game. It basically gets the wrong path to the custom assets of the mod. I got it confirmed from Alloc that it is fixed for A18. Not sure there is an easy work around, except changing all the #@modfolder calls to

@file:Mods\ and then the rest of the path might work (Khaine is using it for DF and works for macOS that has the same issue).

You can try that if you are willing to experiment with the xml files, but may be a lot of paths you have to replace to get the mod running. Not sure if is just a UI thing, could also try and not load the UI part of the mod, but I think it will then fail on the Unity Assets.

With A18 this close and not having access to Linux or the experience to test it, I am not going to invest time (Also considering the other method of getting the path is not supported and will likely break in future versions of the game).

I am sorry this is not working for you.

I have no experience with running my (or any) mod on Linux.

I did just learn there is a bug with how paths are processed in Unity in the game. It basically gets the wrong path to the custom assets of the mod. I got it confirmed from Alloc that it is fixed for A18. Not sure there is an easy work around, except changing all the #@modfolder calls to

@file:Mods\ and then the rest of the path might work (Khaine is using it for DF and works for macOS that has the same issue).

You can try that if you are willing to experiment with the xml files, but may be a lot of paths you have to replace to get the mod running. Not sure if is just a UI thing, could also try and not load the UI part of the mod, but I think it will then fail on the Unity Assets.

With A18 this close and not having access to Linux or the experience to test it, I am not going to invest time (Also considering the other method of getting the path is not supported and will likely break in future versions of the game).

I am sorry this is not working for you.

No problem, I didnt't expect you to drop everything else and install and learn the linux ways for this. I'm willing to look for solutions myself, I'm just hoping to get advice on where to look. So the hint about @file: is appreciated, I'll look into this. I actually had to deal with this or a similar bug in A16 too and could solve it there.

I first had only core installed (which at the moment downloads without UI) and the error already showed up then. So it seems not to be UI alone except if the missing UI mod would produce the same errors. Since the likely problem is not finding some files (and the log pointing to XUi) that could very well be.

Lots of paths to replace isn't the problem, I can do that with a script. I'll better ask Khaine for details though, might save me a lot of trial and error.

I'll also have to check if the problem is happening on my server. There might be a small chance that headless on linux works.

No problem, I didnt't expect you to drop everything else and install and learn the linux ways for this. I'm willing to look for solutions myself, I'm just hoping to get advice on where to look. So the hint about @file: is appreciated, I'll look into this. I actually had to deal with this or a similar bug in A16 too and could solve it there.

I first had only core installed (which at the moment downloads without UI) and the error already showed up then. So it seems not to be UI alone except if the missing UI mod would produce the same errors. Since the likely problem is not finding some files (and the log pointing to XUi) that could very well be.

Lots of paths to replace isn't the problem, I can do that with a script. I'll better ask Khaine for details though, might save me a lot of trial and error.

I'll also have to check if the problem is happening on my server. There might be a small chance that headless on linux works.

Yeah Khaine implemented it successfully on Darkness Falls so he would be the best bet to get more info on. But yeah using a script is a good idea, lot of zombie skins to replace and blocks as well.

Also if you do find a solution, maybe some other people can benefit from it as well.

Hi, I'm playing this mod and I wanted to ask you, is it possible to add a life bar indicator from the launcher's modlet manager?

Thanks and best regards.

I am not sure what you are asking for? A specific modlet that you want added to the mod or you want to install it together with Gnamod? Gnamod comes with its own custom UI, you can try loading a different modlet with it, but they should probably load after (so give the folder a name that comes alphabetically after the Gnamod folders). No guarantees it will work, I do not really support adding other modlets on top of Gnamod. If something fits well and the author allows it, a modlet or it's functionality may be included, but otherwise it's meant to be played as is.

If a modlet does not work with Gnamod you can check with the modlet author to see if they are willing to make a version that works with Gnamod, otherwise you may have to do the work yourself to make it compatible.

But as far as I know the Mod Launcher should be able to load modlets on a Gnamod install (but it probably does not rename it if needed for load order).

I am not sure what you are asking for? A specific modlet that you want added to the mod or you want to install it together with Gnamod? Gnamod comes with its own custom UI, you can try loading a different modlet with it, but they should probably load after (so give the folder a name that comes alphabetically after the Gnamod folders). No guarantees it will work, I do not really support adding other modlets on top of Gnamod. If something fits well and the author allows it, a modlet or it's functionality may be included, but otherwise it's meant to be played as is.

If a modlet does not work with Gnamod you can check with the modlet author to see if they are willing to make a version that works with Gnamod, otherwise you may have to do the work yourself to make it compatible.

But as far as I know the Mod Launcher should be able to load modlets on a Gnamod install (but it probably does not rename it if needed for load order).

Ok I understand. Take this opportunity to congratulate you on this great mod. Thank you.

Ok I understand. Take this opportunity to congratulate you on this great mod. Thank you.

Thanks, I have been following your streams for a bit, its nice to see someone play the mod for real.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone is using Gnamod on their PVE server?

Not that I am aware off, mod is not that popular under server owners yet and Horde Mode is probably played on private servers more.

So an update on progress here as well. I have been working hard for a while now on Gnamod Core 0.5. This version took longer since I am overhauling a number of core systems at once that rely upon each-other (like changing the foundation of a building while leaving it standing so to speak). These core systems are: Resources/Harvesting, Loot Distribution, Construction, Recipes and World Generation.

4F0DC0B932DC39DF6AD92DFF15C1C8689BC35BDE

This is a hint of what I have been working on, Blueprint Construction being the major change. Basically it does away with frames or blocks the player carries and places, instead placing a ghostly blueprint block that you upgrade.

This video explains a bit more how it works and most importantly shows how it plays out. This is still being integrated in the mod. The shape menu of A18 will make this feature even better.

But the other bit is the resource overhaul, adding more metals (Tin, Copper, Zinc, Bronze) into the mix as well as more minerals and ores. No more simple grab a stone and be done, you will need to take the right kind of stone for the job, such as Flint to make stone tools.

6B6E19F57D6AD5E3A2C7E798A31B636EE305F38D

I activated Bridges in the Random World Generator and created my own version of the prefab. Bridges still do not always spawn correctly, but most of the time they will now.

A9239366C3E197A5D3B378E33C19079A9FECB41C

Lot of water was added to the world. I incorporated Tin's work on the RWG mixer for A17 and tweaked it some to give more water. The city layouts are different and so are the biomes. There are currently no snow or deserts in the worlds, they may get different worlds with a different climate/atmosphere. So far I have been working on green biomes only, but there may be patches of desert/snow and wasteland added in some stage. Mostly will depend on if I can alter terrain textures in A18 to add some variations.

30C8D49B151F30FD54CC4C65B827AA4628CB4446

3573FA316A1F6352CF8282030E2C5ABB4ACEE4DE

This version is available on the Mod Launcher under Gnamod Core (Dev) only at the moment, I plan to update the Stable version within 2 weeks, or a bit later depending on when A18 Exp drops. This is playable, but still being worked on (Still a lot of placeholder icons and missing stuff.

Bridge is nice. Are variants possible?

Not really, though you could swap out the POIs for something else each time you start a game. The size of the segments is rather limited. I guess post generation something could be done to the world, but defeats the purpose of RWG :)

Hi!

1st of all, thank you good sir, for your hard work!

2th. Its is possible to only get the blueprint somehow? it seems realy nice, but atm i realy try to "play with vanila", but this seems realy realy nice, i hope it is "just" a new block, and easy to get it.

I wait for your reply Dear Sir, and again, thank you!

Hi!

1st of all, thank you good sir, for your hard work!

2th. Its is possible to only get the blueprint somehow? it seems realy nice, but atm i realy try to "play with vanila", but this seems realy realy nice, i hope it is "just" a new block, and easy to get it.

I wait for your reply Dear Sir, and again, thank you!

Thank you for supporting my work.

Blueprints are a Gnamod exclusive feature and will remain that way until the Fun Pimps implement such a feature into the vanilla game. I spend a ton of time to get them right, there is not one block there are over 100 of them, all shaped to match existing block shapes and also a few new ones.

You should definitely give the mod a go and if it is to hard turn down the difficulty or increase player benefits. I plan to add more choices in difficulty in the near future to make the mod more accessible to a broader selection of players that may not like the tougher difficulty of Gnamod.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been asked already.

But how do I get this to work with Firearms 2? If I load this last, i can't use the workbenches from firearms 2. But if i load firearms 2 last, it just freezes on loading UI.

Wat should I do? I can research it, I just need to know where to start. Proabably the faq... idk :(

It looks like I can just copy and paste some stuff into your xui.xml file?

Edited by friedonions (see edit history)

Sorry if this has been asked already.

But how do I get this to work with Firearms 2? If I load this last, i can't use the workbenches from firearms 2. But if i load firearms 2 last, it just freezes on loading UI.

Wat should I do? I can research it, I just need to know where to start. Proabably the faq... idk :(

It looks like I can just copy and paste some stuff into your xui.xml file?

Modlets are not really supported for this overhaul mod, the mod goes to quite extremes and ignores more and more vanilla content as I update it. Basically means that anything designed to work with vanilla will either target stuff not in use (like resourceWood in recipes no longer being used by the mod) or it will no longer exist at all (entities, loot groups, spawn groups all being completely overwritten).

UI is also completely replacing the vanilla one so any modlets that want to add stuff always will have to load afterwards, which is recommended anyway because of the overwrites happening to certain files.

You should check out the logs, it should tell you what stuff did not apply and make changes there, the workbenches will likely want to add windows and use some tool and output windows that may not exist by that name in the Gnamod UI, probably a good place to start.

Thanks bro, I almost have it working. Just need to figure out the controls.xml files.

I am sure if you have the new workstations use the windows I use for the vanilla workstations you will get it fitting smoothly, since I am sort of assuming that the modlet will also expect to use the vanilla ones.

• 1 month later...

BoneKnife

Just started playing with GNAmod on Alpha 18 stable and I'm quite pleased with the complexity. One thing is tripping me up though. The Bone Knife. I have a bunch of bones but it is not listed in the recipes in game. A little digging in the recipes.xml and found this

<recipe name="meleeToolKnifeBone" tags="perkDeepCuts">

<ingredient name="resourceBone" count="5"/>

Changing "resourceBone" to "harvestBone" allows me to craft a bone knife. But.... Is this intended or am I missing something?

I also noticed that foodCanSham uses "resourceBone".

Nothing in entityClasses.xml seems to have resourceBone.

Just want to say massive respect for being the first overhaul mod listed and working in the 7d2d mod launcher! I'm going to have a lot of fun with this. Love the little surprises I have already found.

Just started playing with GNAmod on Alpha 18 stable and I'm quite pleased with the complexity. One thing is tripping me up though. The Bone Knife. I have a bunch of bones but it is not listed in the recipes in game. A little digging in the recipes.xml and found this

<recipe name="meleeToolKnifeBone" tags="perkDeepCuts">

<ingredient name="resourceBone" count="5"/>

Changing "resourceBone" to "harvestBone" allows me to craft a bone knife. But.... Is this intended or am I missing something?

I also noticed that foodCanSham uses "resourceBone".

Nothing in entityClasses.xml seems to have resourceBone.

Just want to say massive respect for being the first overhaul mod listed and working in the 7d2d mod launcher! I'm going to have a lot of fun with this. Love the little surprises I have already found.

Thanks for the positive feedback. The recipes are not fully done, I will likely push out a fix tonight for this as some recipes were still using vanilla resources instead of the replacements Gnamod adds for some. It was quicker for me to port over recipes first and fix later to get it running with no errors.

Remember tho that it is still in development for A18, so you will likely run into more dead-ends on crafting before I got the chance to fix them. But posting stuff you find here will surely help me track down issues faster and fix them.

Edit: Seems the manual downloadable version was a bit behind on the Mod Launcher version so I put the latest 0.6.1 Build there and the latest UI version as well. The download for Gnamod Core (0.6.1).zip includes Gnamod UI (seem to have forgotten to add that to the last one, since it needs the UI to work properly for loot container sizes).

Edited by Haidrgna
Add info. (see edit history)