Jump to content

What Gnamod do you use?  

13 members have voted

  1. 1. What Gnamod do you use?

    • Gnamod Core
      9
    • Gnamod Core (Classic Toolbar)
      0
    • Gnamod UI
      0
    • Gnamod UI (Classic Toolbar)
      0
    • Gnamod Horde Mode Only
      3
    • Gnamod Horde Mode Only (Classic Toolbar)
      0
    • Gnamod Core and Horde Mode
      1
    • Gnamod Core and Horde Mode (Classic Toolbar)
      0


Recommended Posts

Realized that stone ammo only works with the primitive weapons, which makes some sense - my bad. Opening ammo to obtain components is pretty awesome. It is too bad you didn't do that across the board, to include opening gun ammo to obtain components - bullets, gunpowder and cartridge/casing. May also want to check the localization.txt for the Hunting Rifle description, since you updated it to use .44 magnum instead of 7.62.

 

Is there some sort of newbie buff/debuff effect that causes player to consume food+water MUCH faster when at a trader outpost? Kept repeatedly starving to death at Trader Hugh's, even when chain-gorging MREs. On the thought of outposts, if you are going to make trader outposts destructible and build heatmap so quickly, may want to redo the trader POIs and add active defenses, such as traps/turrets/guards. Replace all those wood walls and spikes with (at minimum) T2 cobble/scrap, but preferably concrete or steel.

 

Love the mob randomization, bigger hordes, customized zombie loot by type, and variety of reskins. However, zombie detection range/FOV (hello stealth), heatmap and respawn rate felt like they were overtuned. These could be dialed down and still maintain increased challenge from vanilla. Clearing an area of zeds SHOULD mean it stays clear for at least a day or two.

 

Anyways, you are doing a fantastic job and I look forward to revisiting your work after A19 hits. Currently playing around with True Survival by SpiderJZMOD. The above is just my personal two cents, take it or leave it. Have a good one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Cernwn said:

Realized that stone ammo only works with the primitive weapons, which makes some sense - my bad. Opening ammo to obtain components is pretty awesome. It is too bad you didn't do that across the board, to include opening gun ammo to obtain components - bullets, gunpowder and cartridge/casing. May also want to check the localization.txt for the Hunting Rifle description, since you updated it to use .44 magnum instead of 7.62.

 

Is there some sort of newbie buff/debuff effect that causes player to consume food+water MUCH faster when at a trader outpost? Kept repeatedly starving to death at Trader Hugh's, even when chain-gorging MREs. On the thought of outposts, if you are going to make trader outposts destructible and build heatmap so quickly, may want to redo the trader POIs and add active defenses, such as traps/turrets/guards. Replace all those wood walls and spikes with (at minimum) T2 cobble/scrap, but preferably concrete or steel.

 

Love the mob randomization, bigger hordes, customized zombie loot by type, and variety of reskins. However, zombie detection range/FOV (hello stealth), heatmap and respawn rate felt like they were overtuned. These could be dialed down and still maintain increased challenge from vanilla. Clearing an area of zeds SHOULD mean it stays clear for at least a day or two.

 

Anyways, you are doing a fantastic job and I look forward to revisiting your work after A19 hits. Currently playing around with True Survival by SpiderJZMOD. The above is just my personal two cents, take it or leave it. Have a good one!

Thanks for your feedback, it is always good to hear how people playing the mod think about features.

 

The traders are designed in such a way you cannot really camp out there, if you do you will be punished for it severely. The camps are destructible and cause additional heat if you camp out there to prevent exploits. The game would be to easy if you could live in the same box as the trader that is not killable or needs some other form of maintenance, or has the ability to kick you out (removing the protection breaks the default teleport). The protection causes people to just camp near traders and go inside, shoot of wack zombies from its invincible walls.

 

As for redoing the trader outpost, I did that already, I added extra defenses. Active defenses do not work in POIs, player would need to set those up and repair the walls or clear the area around the trader first before shopping.


The trader is there to get a mission, buy some goods and then you leave again. If you do that there is no problem. Once trader name appears in your HUD you are in their influence.

 

As for the zombie detection, noted, it is not for everyone that they can see almost as far as the player can during the day. Daytime zombies can be cleared, they do not return for a week or longer, but staying in one place for long will draw them to that location by heat, wandering hordes etc. If you settle in a place you either defend it or spend as little time there as you can during the day. Zombies initially spawn staggered when they start spawning after 14:00 or if you leave the safe zone, this means it will take a while before all of them are spawn and making sounds like shooting a gun draws them in from far. So clearing an area by force is harder than using more quiet tactics.

The Core mod is meant as a survival experience in a zombie apocalypse, there is always going to be more zombies and different tactics are required. Stealth works in the mod, but you may need to perk into it more for it to work on more of the zombies. Unless of course you loaded Horde Mode, this mode hardly has stealth, since it is you defending a stationairy object.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright I pushed the final update for A18 to the stable branch. Mainly focuses on Horde Mode balance but there were also some bug fixes and localization fixes. Once experimental hits development will begin to porting over to A19 and once a running version is ready an Experimental download may appear on the mod launcher, but this will depend on how easy the porting will be and how much time I will be spending on it. My aim is to keep working on it until A19.0 is the new stable version, the A18 version of Gnamod will then move to Legacy and the A19 version will take it's place. I will then also take down the A17 version from the Mod Launcher. Older versions will still be available for manual download of course. I will be updating the manual download shortly to include the 0.8.1 versions for manual install.

 

===0.8.1===

This update mainly focused on Horde Mode balance, which was not there yet in the 0.8.0 version.

 

Fixed: Blocks in Horde Mode are properly see-through for zombies so no block will ever block line of sight to the Beacon for them.

 

Fixed: PetrolBomb Arrow/Bolt bundles now properly unpack.

 

Fixed: Multi-Use items (Rations and Aid Kits) now break on expending the final charge. An extra charge added to all quality levels since this large charge will not doing anything.

 

Added: Horde Mode now has access to unique groups for Animal spawns and scout/daytime spawns. These groups are specifically tuned for the new spawning.

 

Changed: Horde Mode has no heat build up from player actions besides workstations and other blocks that generate heat normally. This means the hordes can be tuned more predictably. Before very industrious players were punished a lot more with additional hordes being build up.

 

Changed: Added a Buff to control the spawning of Horde Mode waves. The buff will tell when the next wave will start to appear and during the day will tell the next one is coming at 22:00. This means each player in the team gets their own hordes added rather than it being fixed. Difficulty and player level factors in as well, higher difficulties have more frequent waves and higher player levels add more time to the spawning process (so more zombies per wave).

 

Changed: Waves are always 3 ‘Scouts’ and they will each call the actual wave, if these die quicker a wave will be less intense, but they are moving slower than their summoned friends. As days progress the ‘Scouts’ are called from tougher lists. What they summon is gamestaged.

 

Changed: Adjusted zombie AI and vision, World Zombies are now scouts and always favor the player over the Beacon and can see very far. Other zombies have limited vision when it comes to finding the player, they favor the Beacon over the player unless damaged by the player.

 

Changed: Arnold (Demolition zombies) has been removed for real now from the lowest stage groups and thus will not appear as often as he did before (which was a lot more than intended). They now always focus on the Beacon and will not follow them player around even if damaged.

 

Changed: Trader prices have gone up by 50%. The prices were to low and dropped to zero when using only a few items reducing prices. It is still possible at max skill + Cigar + Awesome Sauce, but that will take a while to get.

 

Changed: Availability of certain items has been rebalanced. Certain items such as full blocks, special arrows/bolts were to easy to obtain in large quantities. These items are very powerful and getting to much easily made certain things to easy.

 

Changed: Removed Secret Stash progression from the BB skill for Horde Mode and moved it to the player based on level. There are 6 stashes, 1 is default unlocked and the other 5 unlock as you gain levels (25/50/75/100/150). This means Horde Mode progresses more naturally and there is no need to put points in BB if you do not want to.  

 

Changed: Vultures always puke in Horde Mode to make them more annoying and dangerous.

 

Changed: First Aid Kits of higher quality will heal slightly more per charge used making the higher quality kits even more desirable, this means that a q6 kit will now heal double the amount compared to before.

 

Changed: Biome spawns in Horde Mode were adjusted to be in line with the new way of wave spawning. Most biomes have had their numbers during the night cut.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, I am looking for a hi rise...  I 'think' it was this mod.  It was like a business tower, square, fencing all around.  One side had a collapse, heavily secured building...  looked like a government location.  Does anyone know what I am referring too?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Supertint said:

Hey, I am looking for a hi rise...  I 'think' it was this mod.  It was like a business tower, square, fencing all around.  One side had a collapse, heavily secured building...  looked like a government location.  Does anyone know what I am referring too?  

I do not know what you are referring to, Gnamod does not come with any such POIs. All POIs the mod adds so far are small decorative ones to spice up the worlds and updated Traders. Maybe it was part of CompoPack or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, EpicSpire said:

Will NitroGen world generation tool work with this mod?

 

As far as I know there should be no issue using a NitroGen map with Gnamod, or any other map designed to work with the vanilla game. Gnamod does a lot of alterations that happen post generation so to say, so POIs and the world are transformed but it does not really matter where the original world was generated. If it includes custom biomes or mod specific POIs then it will likely not work well. It should also not really have an issue with CompoPack or similar POI packs or worlds using those. The mod is designed to work over anything build with vanilla building blocks. I cannot say it will be balanced but it will work.

 

Gnamod does do some alterations of the RWGMixer if that is used, so its world output is different than the vanilla game, but it is by no means the only way to play the mod. Before A17 changed how worlds where made the Mixer played a much more important role for the mod, but when A18 took the ability to easily add custom biomes the mod focus had to change.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Haidrgna said:

As far as I know there should be no issue using a NitroGen map with Gnamod, or any other map designed to work with the vanilla game. Gnamod does a lot of alterations that happen post generation so to say, so POIs and the world are transformed but it does not really matter where the original world was generated. If it includes custom biomes or mod specific POIs then it will likely not work well. It should also not really have an issue with CompoPack or similar POI packs or worlds using those. The mod is designed to work over anything build with vanilla building blocks. I cannot say it will be balanced but it will work.

 

Gnamod does do some alterations of the RWGMixer if that is used, so its world output is different than the vanilla game, but it is by no means the only way to play the mod. Before A17 changed how worlds where made the Mixer played a much more important role for the mod, but when A18 took the ability to easily add custom biomes the mod focus had to change.

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright a small update from me while the A19 Experimental rages on.

 

I am proud to announce that Gnamod is fully ported to A19 and ready to be played via the Mod Launcher. Please note that while I say it can be played, does not mean it is ready nor that it will stay working when a next update to the EXP branch is released by TFP. 

You can find it under the A19 tab of the launcher and only has an Experimental version. This comes with all modlets, so it also includes an updated Horde Mode (with slightly changed maps), the UI and the Classic Toolbar.

 

I am still actively working on the 0.8.2 version that will be the next stable soon after A19.0 becomes stable. This is only a minor patch because it does not fundamentally alter gameplay. It might add new things but mainly does make sure all new elements from A19 are incorporated into Gnamod and all changes to core systems taken care of. My focus is mainly on the UI which had some changes under the hood since A18.3 that made things come out weird or a bit off. I want to use the remaining EXP time to finish this up, update or alter some more windows and clean up the XML code a bit. Once this is done the UI thread on the forums will get some updating as well with A19 screenshots to replace the no longer valid A17 screenshots there.

 

I have been enjoying the A19 experimental so far and I just played a bit of Gnamod A19 and it played very solid.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the modpack man.  Running the latest GNA mod for a19 off the launcher and the first object I attempt to loot throws error:
 

warning GUIWindowManager.remove: window "looting" unknown!
NulReferenceException. Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Any help would be appreciated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, slowleakage said:

Love the modpack man.  Running the latest GNA mod for a19 off the launcher and the first object I attempt to loot throws error:
 

warning GUIWindowManager.remove: window "looting" unknown!
NulReferenceException. Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Any help would be appreciated. 

 

This error seems like its likely related to the changes done in B177 to the UI (for the addition of the stash buttons they made some changes to looting, backpack and vehicle storage windows. 

I updated the experimental version to that yesterday so you may have been running an older version when you started your game. I suggest allowing the Mod Launcher to re-download or pre-sync so it has the latest. I will also test myself to see if there are any issues in the Mod Launcher version to be sure.

 

This also means you need to delete the install of the game and update it to B177, since that could also be the issue that the mod is ahead of the game's version as the Mod Launcher does not update the game unless you reinstall.

Edited by Haidrgna (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have uploaded a zip file to the A18 download link (currently the link you follow in the first post to Download) to contain a zip for the A19 Experimental version of Gnamod.

 

Since it's mostly ready to go and I am expecting A19 to go stable soon its time for more people (and people not using or having issue with the Mod Launcher) to have access to it.

 

Note that this is the exact same package you would be getting for the Mod Launcher, it comes with Horde Mode and Classic Toolbar disabled and you will need to manually enable them if you want to use them. Installing should be as simple as unzipping into the game's main folder (making a copy of the game to add mods to is preferred and the method used by the Mod Launcher).

 

If you run into any issues or bugs feel free to report them here or on the Gnamod Discord, I will add them to my list to look into for the stable version once A19 is stable. I will currently only patch mod-breaking issues from updates or changes I did not realize they negatively affected the mod.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dan3000 said:

Seems like the chemistry station does not work. Clicking it causes null errors

I have tested it both on B178 with Gnamod Core and only with Gnamod CoreUI and on either the chemistry station opened just fine without errors, showing recipes like it should.

 

You may need to provide with more information and make sure your game is at the latest build and the mod is the latest version uploaded (when in doubt let the Mod Launcher delete it all and reinstall).

If that does not fix the issue, please post your log files and other info like reproduction steps to the problem you are experiencing so I can track it down. Just stating something does not work is sadly not very helpful :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did a delete complete about 8 hours ago when i seen the b178 update. I get a NullReferenceException when i try to select the chem station or oil from my personal crafting menu or the work bench(not clicking on chem station since I dont have it yet). Should i try another delete complete? I had to restore from a save, maybe the save files are old? Im only using the core and core Ui

Edited by dan3000 (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dan3000 said:

I did a delete complete about 8 hours ago when i seen the b178 update. I get a NullReferenceException when i try to select the chem station or oil from my personal crafting menu or the work bench(not clicking on chem station since I dont have it yet). Should i try another delete complete? I had to restore from a save, maybe the save files are old? Im only using the core and core Ui

If you are loading a save from an older build that could have corrupted things or broken them. Have you tried it on a new save, it will likely work there.

 

It sadly is the nature of Experimental to break saves, even if the mod may not the updates the Pimps do to the game usually require a new game to be started.

 

I just tested clicking the recipe and it gives out an error, so I will look into this further and see if I can fix it.

 

Addition: I found it was caused by pointing to a no longer existing Yeah Science perk for unlocks on Oil and Chemistry station. It will be fixed in the next update.

Edited by Haidrgna (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for your help. This mod is the hardest I have tried and love it!

 

Got any tips to find "Niter" and coal? The journal says to just dig anywhere 

And the antibiotic sells for about 30k. Dunno if that's intended

 

Thanks again, it seems like you have put a TON of work into this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, dan3000 said:

Thank you for your help. This mod is the hardest I have tried and love it!

 

Got any tips to find "Niter" and coal? The journal says to just dig anywhere 

And the antibiotic sells for about 30k. Dunno if that's intended

 

Thanks again, it seems like you have put a TON of work into this!

Thank you for taking the time to notify me of a bug :) And yeah lot of work went into getting the mod to this level and a lot more will be needed polish out the rough edges :D

You can use the world map to find ores, niter will appear as grey/whitish and coal are dark/blackish spots. You will find coal in the snow biome (or some POIs have it, like the coal dump and SM factory). Niter is found in the wasteland biome. I am not sure what Journal entry says anywhere, I guess I need make one for mining in Gnamod specifically to overwrite the vanilla one.

 

Journal tips and tutorials etc are on my list but likely going to happen once the game is stable enough and the mod is mostly feature complete. I want to have some kind of optional tutorial missions for people that have a rough time with the mod. It is so different to vanilla people often get stuck on what is changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update:

I just pushed a new version to the Experimental A19 on the Mod Launcher. This version 'may' break earlier savegames because I removed all the Wood blocks and upgrade items. Why? I felt that the wood blocks were to niche and to costly compared to what they offered. The palisade set will be improved in the future to fill the gap it leaves behind with some more square filling variants that are stronger and possibly frame/low level blueprints kind of shapes to fill in like the other blocks. The first materials are now Platedwood (metal) and Cobblestone (stone) that require blueprints but can still be worked on with the stone axe. The other materials all need hammer or better.

 

Building in Gnamod is supposed to be a mid-game activity, early on you can build with the blueprints and materials you find or buy from the trader but it will be hard to grind out your own for a proper base. This is because player build blocks are strong and especially higher end materials will last much longer than the vanilla blocks, while POI blocks are all very weak (old). 

So in the first week if you build it will likely be palisades if you are building at all and not using a pre-existing building. From then you should be able to manage building once you gather or unlock the proper tools. The worktable (low level workbench) is now unlocked by a Hammer held in the hand and no longer consumed in the building (before you needed 2 hammers because most wood stuff you also need the hammer as a tool. It should be possible to find at least 1 hammer solo in the first week of the game to get basic crafting set up (campfire, worktable, smelter and cement bucket). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...