What Gnamod do you use?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What Gnamod do you use?

• Gnamod Core
    • Gnamod Core (Classic Toolbar)
    • Gnamod UI
    • Gnamod UI (Classic Toolbar)
    • Gnamod Horde Mode Only
    • Gnamod Horde Mode Only (Classic Toolbar)
    • Gnamod Core and Horde Mode
    • Gnamod Core and Horde Mode (Classic Toolbar)

Edit: Seems the manual downloadable version was a bit behind on the Mod Launcher version

I am using the Mod Launcher version. I'm really interested in what you have going here so I am going to keep an eye on updates. Any requests for areas to playtest (here in the thread) and I will have a look. I can edit what I need for now and keep trudging along. Leather is another area that is giving me problems but it seems to be a related problem and will be corrected in your cleanup. I have made edits to fill my needs.

So far a fun and interesting take on 7D2D!

Edited by project23
tags (see edit history)

I am using the Mod Launcher version. I'm really interested in what you have going here so I am going to keep an eye on updates. Any requests for areas to playtest (here in the thread) and I will have a look. I can edit what I need for now and keep trudging along. Leather is another area that is giving me problems but it seems to be a related problem and will be corrected in your cleanup. I have made edits to fill my needs.

So far a fun and interesting take on 7D2D!

Launcher version was also updated, I fixed the bones yesterday as well as some other stuff on prefabs and cans and bottles returned from eating. I am currently tracking down an issue on loot quality, it behaves oddly (gives out way to many blue items). Xml seems correct so I am not sure this is an actual bug or something is being added somewhere I am not yet aware off.

Leather is something I will need to spend a bit more time on, same for cloth. The materials are there, the pathways not yet fully there. The vanilla game only knows one type of leather, but I want to have scrap leather, animal hides and properly tanned leather. Recipes are still mainly using resourceLeather (the vanilla one) but certain stuff is already giving the other types so I will have to check on recipes so that all pathways connect at least.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for supporting my work.

Blueprints are a Gnamod exclusive feature and will remain that way until the Fun Pimps implement such a feature into the vanilla game. I spend a ton of time to get them right, there is not one block there are over 100 of them, all shaped to match existing block shapes and also a few new ones.

You should definitely give the mod a go and if it is to hard turn down the difficulty or increase player benefits. I plan to add more choices in difficulty in the near future to make the mod more accessible to a broader selection of players that may not like the tougher difficulty of Gnamod.

Thnx for your feedback, i surly will try this out =)

Thnx for your feedback, i surly will try this out =)

Cool :)

Well I just updated the version that is on the Dev for A18 on the Mod Launcher and this version is getting really close to version that can become a stable release. Added a lot of icons and localizations for already existing items and added some new ones as well. Currently looking for some honest feedback of people that played the mod for a bit, preferably after today. This way I can see where the shortcomings are, like items that are seemingly hard to get, uncraftable or way to expensive (or the other way around as well).

Balance is not fully done, since I was still working content, which I think is getting close to being finished for a stable release. Sure there is more content planned, but the mod also needs a solid Stable version to be able to thrive and I hope to get that going by the end of next week or sooner if all goes well. This includes updating documentation for the mod and the thread to include up to date pictures and info.

I'm having an issue and unsure how to fix it.

When I go and try to craft something the materials needed are too light to see and if I change the UI's opaque setting then the area turns solid white.

So how do I fix this or is this on the mod's end?

-=Note=-

Will try to nab a screenshot of what I'm talking about.

Incredible, my congratulations a mod that will make your hair grow in your chest, and if you have it you will drop XD Great job.

http://www.twitch.tv/ardacho76/v/509125972?sr=a&t=2153s

Thanks for giving it another go again in A18.

I see you ran into the issue of the bandage too, somehow A18 will not display it properly anymore as a campfire recipe, search will reveal it. I will have to see how to get it fixed.

Is it intentional for 2 screamers to camp the spawn point ? Thought that was a bit odd. Got myself killed playing around and getting to know your mechanics, and as I gone through the revive animation, I had 2 screamers shouting already.

There are multiple ways a few zeds can spawn just as fast as the player and on respawn you could be very close to where you died and then its even easier for zombies to also linger.

Scout zombies can spawn as normal zombies in the world, without a console log or debug menu nobody would be able to tell them apart either. But I know recent changes to heat made things works differently, heat actions that previously went unregistered work now, so I might have to do another pass on heat generated by sound, I noticed that screamers can turn up rather quickly if you linger somewhere so there is that as well.

But in the end, it is intended to be challenging, no matter the source of the zombie spawn :)

In the next version I am giving the player a sleeping bag as starter item, this way people can better control their spawns, since its harder than vanilla to craft a sleeping bag.

There are multiple ways a few zeds can spawn just as fast as the player and on respawn you could be very close to where you died and then its even easier for zombies to also linger.

Scout zombies can spawn as normal zombies in the world, without a console log or debug menu nobody would be able to tell them apart either. But I know recent changes to heat made things works differently, heat actions that previously went unregistered work now, so I might have to do another pass on heat generated by sound, I noticed that screamers can turn up rather quickly if you linger somewhere so there is that as well.

But in the end, it is intended to be challenging, no matter the source of the zombie spawn :)

In the next version I am giving the player a sleeping bag as starter item, this way people can better control their spawns, since its harder than vanilla to craft a sleeping bag.

Alright, no problem. I enjoy the challenge, as Im playing it on Survivor.

Just found it odd that those two were out there...maybe lingered from before, but I died a good km+ from the spawn point....but if you happy with it, then it's clearly not a bug, so all good.

Alright, no problem. I enjoy the challenge, as Im playing it on Survivor.

Just found it odd that those two were out there...maybe lingered from before, but I died a good km+ from the spawn point....but if you happy with it, then it's clearly not a bug, so all good.

1km is not really close, I will look into heat again soon anyway, could be it build up there before and you spawning just triggered the screamers, Not sure they called any buddies though, could just have been other spawns.

Status update on Gnamod.

So I have I just put up a stable branch for 0.6.2 on the mod launcher, this is the same version that is in the manual download and the same version that was on the dev branch. The dev has been updated to 0.7.0 I have been working on (but may still say 0.6.2 on load/in files).

My plan is this week to finalize this 0.7.0 version, update documentation and the version numbers etc. Then by the end of this week if all goes well it will become the current Stable branch. The intent of the stable is that it will be a rounded out version of Gnamod that works and is complete enough for a longer term game. So any issues you encounter before I can fix for it. After that the stable will be left alone at least until 0.8.0 is done, which I will then be working on, as well as Horde Mode and UI updates.

I will also begin updating this and the Gnamod UI threads this week with new images and documentation as it becomes available.

Another Status update:

Gnamod Core is nearing a full release on the Mod Launcher. I have been frantically fixing issues, bugs and been balancing the mod. I did not finish all I wanted and thus the current Dev version has been pushed as the near stable to the launcher versions only. I will be taking the remainder of this month to complete the release of a full stable version of the mod. This means finishing documentation as well as fixing any remaining issues or those that pop up.

Current known issues:

- Biome spawns, especially in Snow and Wasteland are to tough, there are to much tough zombies (radiated, bosses and exploding zombies) spawning in the wilds. This will be fixed after I redesign spawn lists based on the experiences so far.

- Bows/Xbows may not perform as well as they should, further feedback is needed.

- Item prices and numbers may be off, this is still an ongoing process to incorporate all new items in the system and give them a proper price. I will need to develop a new tool to calculate fully balanced prices which will not happen before 0.8.0.

- Doors and Windows cannot be repaired or upgraded. I want to bring this back, but need to write better xpaths to only remove upgrades and repair on blocks where I want it gone and to leave it on these. I want people to be able to board up doors windows and repair wooden buildings.

All feedback is appreciated here on or on the Discord. If you notice that an item you think should be craftable is missing or now showing properly (shows in search but not the actual list of the workstation) let me know, since it may either need an A18 group to show or I just forgot to add the recipe.

• 1 month later...

Release Version 0.7.2

Gnamod Core has been updated to version 0.7.2

This version has been brewing a while since 0.7.0 as I planned to release this to be stable much earlier and the 0.7.0 was more of an in-between release that was still lacking in many ways.

0.7.2 is probably the best balanced version since I started to work on Gnamod Core in 17 and basically started over from scratch since the changes in that Alpha.

I have updated the main posts with the current documentation on the Core and Gnamod in general, text you will also find in the readme.md file found in the manual downloads or the Mod Launcher downloads.

Some highlights of changes:

- Spawning of zombies and animals has been greatly improved to a balance I think is more suitable for the average player than ever before. I introduced a new system of biome spawn thinning that will not make the initial spawn of animals and zombies when the safe zone ends to overwhelming. This should give players a much better chance to explore and kill zombies without being boxed in.

- Animals now follow a similar system to zombies, they have behavior templates and are generated by code in various sizes and other randomized stats. The behaviors will not make all animals fully aggressive or immediately aware of the player from afar.

- Zombies also had their templates updated, making most of them easier to combat in general and combined with new entitygroups will make it easier to slowly ramp up the challenge and keep the biome spawns from being overpowering at the same time.

- Loot has had some rebalance to it as well, mostly noticable in cars, the wrecks have their own list now so the more complete the car the better chance of useful loot in them, busses and trucks will even have a better chance and yield more on average.

- All pathways of crafting and building should now be complete, stuff should unlock and icons mostly be there except for the special arrows (which will be done in 0.9 when I revisit ammo and guns).

I think that the 0.7.2 version is a very good stable base to continue to work on but also for people to play longer games on.

Later this week I will further update the main posts and add in new screenshots.

Hey Haidrgna, i cant see the food/water levels is this intended? it kinda sucks to drink/eat when you get the warning becuse at that point you are already suffering from it, i like to keep track and keep my levels topped up at all times so i dont get the debuffs :S

Hey Haidrgna, i cant see the food/water levels is this intended? it kinda sucks to drink/eat when you get the warning becuse at that point you are already suffering from it, i like to keep track and keep my levels topped up at all times so i dont get the debuffs :S

The stats are displayed in the Player stat windows though, but it takes more time. I will see about a food/water bar in the near future for the UI.

Hi there!

How can I unstuck my character? I cant move, cant control camera view and i am riding a bike.

Help me pls, i dont want to start new game.

I am not sure what happened, but Gnamod does not really alter vehicles so it must be some exotic bug you encountered.

There are two things I can think of that may help: You can try killing or teleporting your character if nothing else seems to work to get off the vehicle. Both methods should force a respawn of your character and hopefully get you out of the vehicle.

You will need to open the game console (by pressing f1).

Then type in lp , followed by enter. This should give a list of players, likely only you and a number. You need this number since it is your entity number, this likely is 171 or 172.

Then you can try either the tele (teleport) or kill command on yourself. Teleport also needs a location, x z y, so: tele <number> 0 -1 0 would put you at the map center. The kill just needs an entity number and will deal enough damage to kill you. kill <number> is the syntax.

I hope either of these does the trick, otherwise I am not sure what I can do since I have no info how you got there in the first place.

Is there any way to disable just toolbelt? I don't like it, its very frustrating for me to using it :/

@edit: i forgot mention that mod is amazing :D i love hard start

The mod comes with a disabled modlet called Gnamod CoreUI Classic Toolbelt. If you enable that it puts back the normal toolbelt on the bottom of the screen.