Auger on Day 2

Stahl

Hi there, i startes a new solo random gen world with the release of 17.4

Played the begining quest like normal got to the trader, finished my first from him and the rewards were level 1 steel shovel or a beaker........ day 1....

Against my better judgment i took the steel shovel thinking i could harvest the cobble bags and cement bags and get a reinforced concrete bases before day 7.

Day 2 rolls about and im clearing a house. I kill a zombie and he drops a loot bag. Inside was a level 2 Auger. Thats right, the end game mining tool on day 2. Oh and btw i also found a chainsaw on day 8.

Im on day 13 now and since then ive found one more auger and chainsaw. To me this feels like extreme luck.

Anyone else had a luck find like this?

The auger and the chainsaw are rare loot. Therefore this is of course an extremely lucky find. In my first A17 game I would have been happy about an iron pick on day 2.

I remember joining a random server once, landing in a heavily overpopulated area, and having a crate fall to within 100 meters of me in the first 5 minutes.

Came loaded with an auger, a chainsaw, a beaker, and some food. I was set right out of the gate. (The server was likely modded with something like 200% loot, but even with that, the RNG gods were shining down on me.)

But I've also had games where it took me weeks to find a wrench or a beaker.

Hi there, i startes a new solo random gen world with the release of 17.4

Played the begining quest like normal got to the trader, finished my first from him and the rewards were level 1 steel shovel or a beaker........ day 1....

Against my better judgment i took the steel shovel thinking i could harvest the cobble bags and cement bags and get a reinforced concrete bases before day 7.

Day 2 rolls about and im clearing a house. I kill a zombie and he drops a loot bag. Inside was a level 2 Auger. Thats right, the end game mining tool on day 2. Oh and btw i also found a chainsaw on day 8.

Im on day 13 now and since then ive found one more auger and chainsaw. To me this feels like extreme luck.

Yes. The problem is a level 2 auger isn't very useful. They eat repair kits and gass when they have no mods on them and are slower than the regular tools. Once you get a purple one with the handle mod that adds more durability and all the block augments, then it becomes useful if you need to mine fast. If I have time, I still prefer a steel tool.

Fair enough, 20 hours later im still using the same lvl 2 auger, the repair kit cost isn't too bad, the main advantage is theres no stamina loss from this tool, so food has been no issue at all for me. Ive not ever bothered making steel tools on this play through

This is what true gameplay means. You can have various tools to perform similar tasks, just the costs are different. One wouldn't bother with it, but considering the abundance of gas (after you get the wrench, which is easy) some would.

Thats true, ive mostly been living off carrying barrels i find, but in the end i found a chem bench and quickly dug up some oil shale giving me all i need.

I guess the value of this tool goes up drastically if you can an early chem bench.

I just so happened to find another day 2 auger, this time from a quest reward and the same trader had 5 five work stations working.

My last play-through, Day 14..... no auger, no steel tools, no mining helmet. RNG can be nice sometimes and not so nice other times.

I can live with all of that, except the mining helmet. A light is priority to get. I'll save my dukes to either buy one, or try and get any helmet and the light mod for it.

(when streaming, kinda have to have one otherwise the nights are kinda... um.. cain't see nuthin... zzz) :)

In my experience it has been consistently random on a new map build.

Sometimes I will get all the tools early, sometimes I starve to death.

My current Map 16K seed ( Savage Lands ) is great, but on day 10 I have yet to find any steel or gas powered tools. Best I got is an Iron pickaxe. YET. I am the proud owner of 8 beakers... so there is that.

My best luck was finding green sniper rifle AND a 8x scope on second night. I was so happy. And stupid enough to tell about it (we were playing 4 people on server hosted on my PC, so no unknown guys, just friends). Got remodeled into hedgehog with arrows instead of spikes a few minutes later <3

Archived