Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I was referring to wild plants when walking through a forest...but off the top of my head, add text to previous growth stages and remove text when it's ready?

You have to stare at it for a bit before the text pops up, so to me its not annoying as before when you had press e to take showing up constantly.

I miss the ability to randomly progress while doing normal stuff. Min-max is always present anyway, grinding to me is having to rambo into a city because everything else gives little or no progress in any way.

I don't know what game you are talking about, you can mine and build and gain tons of levels. Have you played 17.2 are are all negative comments biased on 17.0?

We even sent our testers off into groups and the builder was leveling faster than the killers. Are you sure you have played recently?

I miss the ability to randomly progress while doing normal stuff. Min-max is always present anyway, grinding to me is having to rambo into a city because everything else gives little or no progress in any way.

Yeah I miss t-bagging cacti, and in Oblivion jumping off bridges, healing and repeating to get to god tier athletics. I get what you guys are saying but it doesn't make sense in 7 Days and is too much work to accomplish something you can do now if you just play the game and buy what you want to improve. I guess we can spam some messages saying your strength improved and not actually do anything because thats all A16 did. The actual meat of it was tied to the perks just like it is now lol.

Yeah I miss t-bagging cacti

You could name a faction in the game The Texas T-Baggers, as an homage.

Btw can we get a little more exp for upgrading blacks? I guess gathering resources and building is how most people do it but I usually have other people gather resources while I build. Unless you thing it's too OP?

Hey, I want to participate! :)

Here's an easy one...I personally think that punching plants is stupid and kinda cheap. Any chance we'll see an actual picking of plants return in the future? Or at least a tool that we could use for picking so that you start off with punching but progress to picking with a tool for better harvest amounts?

You could name a faction in the game The Texas T-Baggers, as an homage.

Btw can we get a little more exp for upgrading blacks? I guess gathering resources and building is how most people do it but I usually have other people gather resources while I build. Unless you thing it's too OP?

Maybe, depends if its actually imbalanced. Its kind of a cost of resources used thing and how hard the resources are to get. Then you can get them back harvesting and re-upgrade. I don't want people tearing down and rebuilding a wall all night to gain xp.

Is there going to be the animation overhaul at some point? I mean, even comparing to many indie 1st person games you can clearly see the difference in animations, how smooth they are, well made etc. and in 7DTD they aren't. To me, it just breaks the immersion(slightly but nonetheless).

Or just remove the text entirely and let the players learn by doing when the plants should be harvested...

I turn them on for all plants and trees because visual feedback is important. Why are you staring at your crops that close unless you are either planting or harvesting?

Hey, I want to participate! :)

Here's an easy one...I personally think that punching plants is stupid and kinda cheap. Any chance we'll see an actual picking of plants return in the future? Or at least a tool that we could use for picking so that you start off with punching but progress to picking with a tool for better harvest amounts?

Use a knife : it becomes realistic.

Is there going to be the animation overhaul at some point? I mean, even comparing to many indie 1st person games you can clearly see the difference in animations, how smooth they are, well made etc. and in 7DTD they aren't. To me, it just breaks the immersion(slightly but nonetheless).

We just hired a guy who did all the first person crazy cool animations on a very popular AAA game and his first tasks are to improve the stone axe, bow and club so people's first impressions should be much better, so hopefully people will start seeing his work in A18.

We just hired a guy who did all the first person crazy cool animations on a very popular AAA game and his first tasks are to improve the stone axe, bow and club so people's first impressions should be much better, so hopefully people will start seeing his work in A18.

Maybe when he’s free he can figure out how to get the lids off jars before drinking from them?

Wow now that is good news, the animations are some of my biggest gripes sort of, they just don't have enough Strength behind them, especially the melee weapons.

it's hard to discuss ideas when posts are not even taken seriously. Guess we can only wait.

hope I get to play the same game testers are playing tho, because so far no one seems to experience the same as them.

Posts are taken seriously in this thread when they are on topic. Madmole has repeatedly stated that LBD is not coming back so in light of that I’m not sure what you expect. If I started asking about zip lines or mini maps or grid based crafting I wouldn’t expect a serious answer as those features have also been dropped.

As for getting the same game as the testers? You have it. The released experimental version was the exact same build that was the latest testing build behind closed doors. As we all played the experimental build so did the internal testers— often seeking to reproduce bugs and create tickets for them that were listed in the bug reporting thread.

There is no secret game that is different than the public version. When A18 is ready it will be the same version that gets released as the testers and developers have been working on.

Folks, we’ve been given a definitive answer on this topic. It’s time to move on now. Continue to discuss LBD in general discussions if you wish but it is not an A18 topic.

If this was in response to my post directly above yours then please accept my apologies. I was not aware that my question had been discussed and decided on.

Use a knife : it becomes realistic.

I guess I have my answer about a tool...it already exists! Nice one. Guess I'm getting to old to think too much outside of the box anymore. I can learn and adapt still so I got that going for me. Thanks for the advice.

If this was in response to my post directly above yours then please accept my apologies. I was not aware that my question had been discussed and decided on.

I didn’t have any one person in mind. No worries. Just giving warning that further LBD discussion will be moved to a GD thread. If I have to read one more explanation about teabagging cacti by Madmole my eyes may start bleeding... ;)

Don't mind me, just waiting for 17.3 to drop. Also I like your new profile Roland

Thanks but I’ve had it awhile now and was thinking about changing to one like Unholy Joe where I’m sporting my shirt. I think my current avatar makes people think I’m meaner and less light-hearted than I actually am.

How can a smilie compensate for that narrow eyed glare....?

I didn’t have any one person in mind. No worries. Just giving warning that further LBD discussion will be moved to a GD thread. If I have to read one more explanation about teabagging cacti by Madmole my eyes may start bleeding... ;)

If it's your eyes that are bleeding then I think you may have misunderstood teabagging.

Archived