Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

@madmole

What do you think about Diablo3 style items with many different random stats. Every item would be different and finding the perfect makes looting always some interesting.

The actual system with just quality class is kinda boring and at the end there is purple only everything.

Uhhh like we have?

Please no buy, loot only. Buying something powerful like that takes all the joy out of finding it yourself.

I disagree. If you can't afford it at the moment, it puts a sudden urgency to sell everything you can, buy a barter perk, and earn money as fast as possible and then buying it feels more rewarding to me than just finding it.

Did i miss anything? Is there something like this?

Cant wait for the release, actually thinking about setting our server to experimental. Cant wait for it.

edit:

WOOOT! There is something like this. LOVE IT!!!!

Gimme more stats and some random stats!!!

Mods and maybe vehicles will get random stats in the future.

Have you thought about making some perks general perks, that require X in any attribute?

Plus you could always have some that require 2 different attributes.

Or You could even say ♥♥♥♥ it and turn it into a building battle royal moba. thinking like a mix of dota, savage and minecraft... lel ;-p

I've put some thought into that, but at the end of the day its just catering to people who don't like choice and cluttering up the menu, and diluting the classes.

Traders should only sale basic items. Things that the player needs to move forward. And Only very few high tier items to dump money on.

I rarely buy guns or armor from traders, because I am saving for that vehicle that comes my way rarely, and I buy out all his books, and usually ammo later game, so to me its a choice. MOst the time he doesn't have the armor piece I need or its not worth buying, its maybe 1 rank better than my iron helmet and I'm going to toss it for steel one day so why bother?

They need their quality nerfed a bit too.

Quick question dont know if its supposed to happen or not so dont wanna report it in bugs. If a new player logs into a server on say day 49 at like 16:00 is it suppose to cancel the 7 day horde for everyone? We had like 4 groups on and noone got the horde. My group took in the newbie assuming that our gamestage would counter his and we'd just get a weaker than normal horde but everyone add reported at most 2 zombies thru the entire night.

Sounds like you had a bunch of people all over the map spawning zombies in the wild or at pois so the max alive was hit.

any chance of changing the perk of master chef from faster cooking to less recourses used when cooking?

Not really, the recipes can't scale down from 1 to 0, and no your not getting a discount on meat.

I could do a bulk craft, craft 100 meat stews for the cost of 80 like the ammo bulk crafting.

Agreed. No traders and no perks, otherwise it’s another must have perk like Lucky Looter is now...

Loc

I don't know why people waste perks on Lucky Looter, all it does is shorten your quest to find good loot by a week or two of game days in the grand scheme of things.

+1 to this !

Players need MORE encouragement to go outside their comfort zone for any rewards. Trader system is already basically handing out gear with (buried stash) quests that are too easy in respect to their rewards.

If the stick is so short that the donkey can just eat the carrot, what is the point of the stick ? May as well just hand the donkey the carrot without all the hoopla.

They weren't worth it, now they are too good? I don't think so. Its fine. The only issue is it repeats the same quest because there is a leash on how far it will send you, I'd rather never see a duplicate POI quest and travel 15 km than go 300 meters 20 times in a row. I don't repeat quests btw it feels cheesy to me after doing it a few times.

The silencer could use some love imo as well at least with the pistol. shooting with silencer still attracts surrounding zed's, unless you shoot from afar (about 3 car lengths). Not great for the ones around corners or up 3 blocks in the ceiling in masses (5+ zeds up there).

Have to tried it with no armor or just padded armor? I hear armor effects stealth greatly. I ask cause I was planning on using a silenced pistol myself.

I don't know why people waste perks on Lucky Looter, all it does is shorten your quest to find good loot by a week or two of game days in the grand scheme of things.

the -1 radius on digging for buried treasure and such

- - - Updated - - -

No but I'm planning some unarmed books.

not unarmed, unarmored. for those who don't wear armor

Legendary, imo, should be find only with an ultra low find percentage. I mean how pumped would you feel if the RNG gods provided a legendary out of the blue totally "unexpected" vs telling your crew after someone exclaims "i got one" and you feel like saying "yea i got that one already" when your toolbelt is filled with most if not all slots.

If decision is at the trader also, it should have a hellacious cost. I mean a 4x4 is 60k, so this price or higher definitely, i mean the item IS legendary.

I guess it depends how buff we buff them.

maybe rename "heat" map to "activity" map people getting all confused making their bases in the snow biome because well you know its colder! no screamer will ever come there! and the fact that opening chests contribute to a screamer coming is all the more reason to call it the "activity" map.

so i say we call it the "activity" map!! lets go!

In theory, a heat source would be more easily detected in the snow, while the desert would mask it.

I don't care... Water, rad zone, makes no difference if the square footage is the same...

...I wanna know what you removed? Y'all don't do things like this on a whim. Is the rad terrain now gone? Because that would suck.

- - - Updated - - -

...as long as there IS a way, there's no argument against this.

If you mean green ugly ground texture? Thats been gone a few alphas I think. If not the new terrain shader killed it. A spectrum change and sun/moon tint can achieve a whole new look very easily a tiny little texture thats like 16x256.

I've put some thought into that, but at the end of the day its just catering to people who don't like choice and cluttering up the menu, and diluting the classes.

You might want to consider going with describing each tree as classes or builds or something. So many people are getting hung up on the literal terms and nit picking the choice of each perk in each tree. To me I see them as classes in the sense you are playing "The Strong Guy" or the "Smart dude" or something and like where you are going with them. Just a thought man.

Argh hit the sort button on your pack its killing my OCD, and my OCD is super mild lol.

Lol No! It's organized in its own specialized way! Lol See? Repair materials and misc on the top left, tools on the first row to the right, then AP ammo (to separate it from my regular ammo), then food, drink, honey, and goggles. Beneath all that 7.62 ammo, and below that, some horde night essentials.)

Don't worry, my inventory only looks this way on horde nights. Haha

Military fiber or military armor? How would you expect to make MA without a resource? Personally I think military armor should be more rare and special since it has the weight, movement and noise characteristics of light armor but comparable AC to heavy armor, but I really hope you do not chose to remove it completely....

I'm talking about removing the military fiber. You need "Military parts" for it so why should the player have to find some weird other rare material, where steel is much better and made from steel armor parts and basic materials? Its not fair, and light armor isn't even close to heavy armor. Unless you are a stealth build light armor is kind of useless IMO. Once you get a vehicle the movement penalties of armor don't exist any more, or the book that removes movement penalties in combat.

Lets talk about Black Strap Coffee...

I know where you are going with this but it is not that much better than regular coffee. can you think about "perking' it up some? maybe adding some speed buff due to the massive caffeine kick?

Not a bad idea, could make it only buff mining speeds, so it doesn't add to flurry of blows which would be ridiculous looking.

Archived