The new RWG is a gamekiller

playlessNamer

Patience guys. Just in case you missed this from kinyajuu 4 weeks ago in the dev diary thread.

That's largely why I wish they could get a full time person on RWG. It's kinda the red headed step feature that everyone wants and loves. It's not that fataal can't get it going, he's just not able to prioritize it. Kind of a bummer considering how many use RWG and seek RWG for a core component of what they like about the game.

There will be more RWG fixes for 17.2. Kinyajuu has already done some things to improve it and is still working on it. They committed internally A17.2 b9 today. Sorry, I don't know a timeline for when it will be released to experimental.

Oooo. Hey Roland, is there anyway you can get a feel from Kinyajuu for people starting a new RWG play through? Worth waiting for 17.2 or changes coming are going to be minor at the moment?

Oooo. Hey Roland, is there anyway you can get a feel from Kinyajuu for people starting a new RWG play through? Worth waiting for 17.2 or changes coming are going to be minor at the moment?

One of the internal testers asked if it was ready for them to start testing and giving bug reports and Kinyajuu said not quite yet so I'm not sure yet how significant the changes will be. I just know he has turned his attention to it so improvements should start rolling in.

One of the internal testers asked if it was ready for them to start testing and giving bug reports and Kinyajuu said not quite yet so I'm not sure yet how significant the changes will be. I just know he has turned his attention to it so improvements should start rolling in.

Fair enough. Yeah. Making assumptions on that statement is just some wild ass guess work. But... Progress is being worked on.

Thanks for the update and feed back Roland!

Roland I'm sure you don't know about this but the picture MM posted to his Twitter page showed an island build are they planning on different worlds like small islands, continents, all land, or any number of other world build types. I think that the island MM showed would be good enough. I think it would be awesome to have a bunch of options. Thanks

Roland I'm sure you don't know about this but the picture MM posted to his Twitter page showed an island build are they planning on different worlds like small islands, continents, all land, or any number of other world build types. I think that the island MM showed would be good enough. I think it would be awesome to have a bunch of options. Thanks

That would be awesome if you could configure RWG more in your favor rather than just constantly throw darts at the wall and hope your next RWG is good, especially when it now takes a very long time to generate a new RW. Like tell it "have a lot of oceans" or "have no water, or not much", "make a lot of caves"... ok I'm probably dreaming, but you can't tell me it wouldn't be fun to have a RWG the way you want it... lol

One thing i wish they would update is how the stability calculation is done. For instance, add some kind of indicator that there is a ground level (or a big portion of ground under checked blocks) which is decided as "stable ground" on which you can build, but also dig underneath (at a reasonable depth) that wouldn't compromise the stability. Additional checks or changes to the "stable ground" marker would be done only if blocks in the vicinity are "updated" and not needing to perform hundreds of calculations each second.

I see the potential of caverns and underground POIs appearing, but then again i wonder how much of a strain it would be against the CPU.

One thing i wish they would update is how the stability calculation is done. For instance, add some kind of indicator that there is a ground level (or a big portion of ground under checked blocks) which is decided as "stable ground" on which you can build, but also dig underneath (at a reasonable depth) that wouldn't compromise the stability. Additional checks or changes to the "stable ground" marker would be done only if blocks in the vicinity are "updated" and not needing to perform hundreds of calculations each second.

I see the potential of caverns and underground POIs appearing, but then again i wonder how much of a strain it would be against the CPU.

the thing I'd love to see is some form of visual indication that you're about to breach the stability before you start collapsing stuff. maybe some crumble and an audible rumble, give you enough time to brace it solidly, so that when we're working on reinforcing existing prefab houses into hefty bases changing wood to concrete or steel, digging out a basement, or anything of that nature.

Archived