Firearms Modlet update out!

Mayic

Released an update tonight for my Firearms Modlet. Added 9 new weapons including M79 GL40 Single tubed grenade launcher, and M1A1 Thompson.

Adjusted and fixed various things with the original, including reworking silenced audio, opening up more guns to more mod options, adjusting recoil, craft costs, etc.

https://github.com/Jayick/Firearms

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/208

ReadMe:

Firearms Modlet Expansion 1.2!

This is an expansion modlet. This modlet is set to run on it's own. You DO NOT need the previous version of Firearms to run this. Lots of bug fixes, changes, adjustments, and 10 new amazing weapons! From the Argh! pistol, to the M79 GL40 Grenade Launcher!

Suggested:

Please remove any previous version of Firearms that you have before installing. Please launch a test map BEFORE you connect to your live game, to assure files are correctly pathed and no errors occur that will hinder your game. Additional weapons added may adjust previous weapons. You may of had a M4A1 Rifle before install, but now have a Mossberg Shotgun. I apologize, but due to XML changes and naming errors/pathing errors, core original XML files had to be changed, resulting in this "shift" of inventory.

Changes:

Most important change to highlight: AMMO! Ammo can now be crafted into "Scrap Ammo" at varying values at anytime while out in the open world. This recipe is unlocked by default, no cost required. Scrap Ammo, can now be turned into ONE of the users following at a workbench: 3 Gun Power, 1 Brass Casing, 1 Lead Tip, 1 Buckshot.

• - Added iconic sound to M1 Garand [as viewed here](
    )
  • - Reduced recoil on M240 when aim'ed and crouched
  • - Fixed iron sights on multiple weapons
  • - Fixed Reflex Sight on multiple weapons, opened it up on FN FAL (previously M14/Assault Rifle). AR15 remains unsighted. Can't remove gun assets Iron Sights as they are meshed to the gun itself. Will explore 3d modeling new rifle, or editing it out in the future.
  • - Fixed naming on 38 Snubnose and FN FAL (338 Snubnose/M14&Assault Rifle)
  • - Changed audio properties on silencer weapons, giving new sounds to older weapons, adjusting sound volumes
  • - Adjusted loot slightly in attempts to spawn higher grade gear
  • - Adjusted textures on some weapons in attempts to brighten them
  • - Adjusted Reflex/Barrel view models to slightly smaller on some weapons
  • - Fixed audio loop with some weapons

Added 9 new weapons!

• - Argh! Pistol
  • - MP5
  • - M1A1 Thompson (Aka Chicago Typewriter, Aka Tommy Gun)
  • - Mossberg 590A1 Shotgun
  • - Facepunch's Rust AK47
  • - M16
  • - Ak47
  • - SR25 Long range rifle
  • - M79 GL40 single tubed Grenade Launcher! [as viewed here](
    )
  • - Hand Cannon mini launcher!

Requirements:

Requires Alpha 17.0-17.1 version of 7 Days to Die. Will not work on A16.4 or lesser.

Suggested for minigun that you have decent framerates. Pixel textures on fire may cause FPS drops in lower end clients.

Some guns will skip your game upon loading in the hotbar. Their file size is quite large. Fix coming soon hopefully. Guns should not lag after first load.

About this Modlet:

Custom Weapons and Attachments.

Fully craftable, gated by progression, added to open world loot table, fully repairable/modable, custom audio, custom fire rates, custom damage and modifiers, and best of all, custom sighting.

This entire mod is written in xpath, no edits needed to any core files. Sadly, no localization.txt yet, so no in game info text menu. All other UI works/functions perfectly.

Silencers are finely tuned for game balance. Using a silencer will now reduce the amount of zombies in the surround area that flock to your POI, and inside alerts. You can now strategically move through a building and pick zombies off one by one with percision aim!

Modlet also comes with a placeable Target block with a center mark. Craftable at a very low cost for easy target use with friends! Preview of how the target works

45WU166.jpg.93539869532aeea01a70378686d49646.jpg

Crafting requirements and information:

All guns and ammo are tied to progression system for crafting. This is located as a NEW perk under INTELLECT Attribute: Craftsmanship Perks. [Preview video](

)

All guns and ammo are tied together via progression. When you unlock the firearm, you unlock the ammunition as well.

CRAFTING COSTS:

Most guns are based off of existing in game components (Steel, Forged Iron, Mechanical Parts, Duct Tape, Glue, Wood, etc). The cost for these weapons is high, especially end-game weapons such as the Chaingun and Golden Gun.

Ammo can now be crafted into "Scrap Ammo" at varying values at anytime while out in the open world. This recipe is unlocked by default, no cost required. Scrap Ammo, can now be turned into ONE of the users following at a workbench: 3 Gun Power, 1 Brass Casing, 1 Lead Tip, 1 Buckshot.

How to install

• - Navigate to your 7 Days to Die Directory (default: C:/ProgramFiles86/Steam/Steamapps/Common/7DaystoDie)
  • - Right click anywhere in your MAIN directory (not Data/Configs, not 7DaysToDie_Data), and create New Folder
  • - Name New Folder: Mods [Our directory should look similar to something like this](https://imgur.com/a/pm5sJKc)
  • - Download entire mod pack via GitHub or other Trusted source (I only share via Discord, and GitHub. For my personal mods, do not trust any other source unless verified by me)
  • - Drag and Drop Firearms modlet into 7 Days To Die/Mods folder. [Our modlet named "Firearms" should show up under the mods directory like so](https://imgur.com/a/YtYmNW3)
  • -

To confirm proper boot, upon loading into a map/server, press F1, and you should see our mod load with the following line:

`2018-12-28T22:36:15 2.709 INF [MODS] Trying to load from Firearms`

`2018-12-28T22:36:15 2.709 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: Firearms (1.0)`

Quick informative video[video=youtube_share;blY9ZCEwqLc]

For more information, or general help:

- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmHsTmsfrhFUnhSknv7Trw?view_as=subscriber

- https://steamcommunity.com/id/Jayick/

- Discord-very basic to get faster help if you encounter an issue.: https://discord.gg/jVCWFzw

A special thankyou!

A big thankyou to Yoshinoya for helping me test this mod, and providing me with some outstanding feedback to give you guys the best possible mod I can. Without his amazing help, I'd be swarmed with so much testing and checking, that I couldn't possibly update these projects in a timely fashion.

A special thankyou to the following people, without their help, advice, and guidance this work would not be possible. These people are the backbone to our community, lending their skills to us all so we can complete amazing pieces of art for everyone to enjoy! Very much respect and admiration for these creators!

All assets are paid/licensed for free use/royalty free. None of the assets/textures are my own work. Just heavily edited and modified to fit 7 Days to Die. Main source: Sketchfab, Turbosquid, various others.

"Ammo can now be crafted into "Scrap Ammo" at varying values at anytime while out in the open world. This recipe is unlocked by default, no cost required. Scrap Ammo, can now be turned into ONE of the users following at a workbench: 3 Gun Power, 1 Brass Casing, 1 Lead Tip, 1 Buckshot."

sweet, i was going to ask about a feature like this, as i use this https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?96954-Luc-s-Modlet-Collection-(Quality-Bonuses-better-stamina-terrain-mv-spd-etc-) for vanilla ammo, i was nearly ready to try to add your ammo in to it, but this will save me a crapton of work.

Now i must go back to the game and make the zombies pay using the Glorious M1 Garand.

Installed as instructed. And it caused this error. The chunk data for my base got messed up and half of my base is missing.

Since I back-up everything regularly, I rolled my save back. Removed your mod, and had zero errors with my base just fine.

I imagine that this means I must start a new game with this new modlet.

20190119171405_1.thumb.jpg.0ed83d071dce22c19cbbc6f87903480b.jpg

I installed the previous version of his modlet, and then the newest version in my existing world and have had zero issues.

Any chance of allowing sights and other mods on more of the guns? I tried a 4x and a silencer in the M1 and it didn't let me.

Also just noticed mods do not increase weapon damage like vanilla guns. This may be intentional though.

Just wanted to let you know. not sure if its a bug. I installed the modlet. works great no problem. but i removed this modlet because some players did not want to download it. so when i removed this mod from my server and got back on. all people that had the mod download and had guns on them when i removed the mod. we came back in game and half of our base had been reset/missing. all the ground was reset if we had not dug it out. this was the only mod we had installed. thanks

that's because the game is looking for items/guns/ammo it cant find, so the server reset those areas with the "unidentified/corrupted/items"to fix the problem.

BTW This will happen with ANY mod that adds custom items.

Yep and its a very BIG issue that not many people even know about.

The game still "creates" ids for mods when it loads. Adding or removing mods after the initial save can wreck your game. For instance, in RH I have over 100 modlets loaded. I created a set of storage and added it as a modlet. Because the folder name came BEFORE all my other modlets, it made all my ingame storage boxes into movie posters.

Modlets are NOT as drag and drop friendly as one may think, and I hope people keep that in mind.

That said, this mod is freaking fantastic. The developer's attention to detail and balance is unparalleled. I urge everyone looking for more action in their game to install this. It's a work of art.

Ok, so I loaded up my game before installing Firearms-1.2, and scrapped or deleted EVERYTHING I had that was from the mod.

I used the clear inventory button you get with the creative menu. Getting rid of all weapons, ammo, weapon mods.

Quit and then deleted the old Firearms-master modlet, and installed the new 1.2 mod.

Loaded up my game and had no errors or missing base parts.

So to recap, if you have a problem when upgrading: Get rid of all items you have that are from the mod, then upgrade.

Working 100%.

Yep and its a very BIG issue that not many people even know about.

The game still "creates" ids for mods when it loads. Adding or removing mods after the initial save can wreck your game. For instance, in RH I have over 100 modlets loaded. I created a set of storage and added it as a modlet. Because the folder name came BEFORE all my other modlets, it made all my ingame storage boxes into movie posters.

Modlets are NOT as drag and drop friendly as one may think, and I hope people keep that in mind.

That said, this mod is freaking fantastic. The developer's attention to detail and balance is unparalleled. I urge everyone looking for more action in their game to install this. It's a work of art.

Yes the lacking of firearm in 7d2d make this mods a plus addition and its quite well made after-all, but due to the large size, quite number of players tend to let go this cool mod..

Everything is working wonderfully. Except as of the latest patch, the Double Barrel doesn't have a reload sound. I checked out my xml's and they look identical for the DoubleBarrel and the "Extra" Unity resource is the same byte for byte. But then again I can't seem to open the Unity file to have a peek. So.... yea..

20190205072116_1.thumb.jpg.32c55482654efd4a2c8a03e7ae2e914c.jpg

Everything is working wonderfully. Except as of the latest patch, the Double Barrel doesn't have a reload sound. I checked out my xml's and they look identical for the DoubleBarrel and the "Extra" Unity resource is the same byte for byte. But then again I can't seem to open the Unity file to have a peek. So.... yea..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27530[/ATTACH]

I've been a bit absent here, my apologies. I'll look into this right away and put out a fix!

EDIT: Fix is out on both Git and Nexus.

I'll also be updating a few of the weapon textures this week to help reduce load time when equipping them.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you add to the munitions crate please? No ammo :(

Will do! :) I'll add it in and get it out in the next patch, something this upcoming week :)

wow!!!! these guns are amazing, best gun addon ive seen

Thankyou :) They're about to get a whole lot better, thanks to Khaine showing me a few errors I made :) I'm also in the process of reskinning and cleaning them up quite a bit. Trying to reduce the file sizes and clean it a bit up in 3ds. So far they look so much better :D

Thankyou :) They're about to get a whole lot better, thanks to Khaine showing me a few errors I made :) I'm also in the process of reskinning and cleaning them up quite a bit. Trying to reduce the file sizes and clean it a bit up in 3ds. So far they look so much better :D

Very much looking forward to the update!

Possible bug to report: I attached a reflex sight to the Mossberg590 shotgun. When i right click to aim the gun moves down and disappears instead of moving up to look through the sight.

Archived