Late Game stage, POI's are getting to where they aren't worth looting anymore

OnlyMeiya

I don't see the current zombie AI being that great for bandits either. Maybe for only one type of bandit... one that uses melee only and doesn't care if he/she is getting hurt.

I think Bandits is going to be a real test of the TFP development team. "Thinking" NPCs are a tougher thing all together imo. And the current performance issues the game has with many zombies is only going to be more taxing with NPC's.

Though, if they can pull it off, I think it's going to open up a ton of capabilities in both TFP's execution on new features and in stabilizing the game play.

My biggest hope is that they go to A20. Enough time to add in some nice to have features and really dig deep on performance and game play tuning.

I have to agree with the OP. While I don't think every POI needs to be rich, if I'm averaging a loss of materials and ammunition for the week between horde nights, the POI's become a hazard to avoid, not a resource to explore.

You are not going in there for ammo. Ammo is the COST for exploring it and getting to the loot room.

If you get an anti-Rad or Blessed Rounds mod, it's worth it, right? RNG and all that. You got to buy a ticket to win the lottery, and the more you buy the greater the chance to win.

I mean yeah I guess that’s true but 90% of the time you get some cloth, 20 steel 9mm rounds, a sham sandwich, and a grave digger mod. I suppose if you make it through 10 POI’s you’ll find one or two good, useable items. You’re right in theory but in practice it’s just not worth it.

Need better ability to stealth kill some of the higher HP enemies and that would help. I got tired of not being able to play like Daryl in the walking dead, so I modded my ranged weapons to do more damage and also modded my head shot damage. Now I can finally one hit kill virtually any zombie with stealth to the head, even greens with a crossbow.

It seems like the point of stealthing goes out the window in vanilla 7D2D once you get irradiated Z's unless you're playing on an easy difficulty with lower hp.

Need better ability to stealth kill some of the higher HP enemies and that would help. I got tired of not being able to play like Daryl in the walking dead, so I modded my ranged weapons to do more damage and also modded my head shot damage. Now I can finally one hit kill virtually any zombie with stealth to the head, even greens with a crossbow.

It seems like the point of stealthing goes out the window in vanilla 7D2D once you get irradiated Z's unless you're playing on an easy difficulty with lower hp.

You playing on normal? I haven't really progressed far enough to face many irradiated zombies so I can't judge the average difficulty on them.

Did you also have a high perception and the headshot perk? Curious cause I was planning on maxing perception and agility to get max stealth & headshot damage. I'd be sad if that didn't 1 shot even the high level zeds.

I love to play Stealth and clear entire POIs up to and including the Tier 5 factories using my Crossbow 95% of the time. Clearing rooms, searching desks and garbage for items I have on my current "need" list from my base.. It may take me 3 times as long to clear but it's my version of fun. What I really REALLY dislike in this version is stepping off a board on the floor and gasping like I just dropped 10 feet, letting all local Z's know that I am coming.

Moving on catwalks in stealth is nearly impossible as well and nothing like clearing a room.. then the next one and coming back to loot quietly and have one of those stupid "Surprise Spawn" Z's smack me in the back of the head. Hidden up in the ceiling behind the fiber tiles- That's ok.. Hidden in cabinets and cupboards -that's ok too but suddenly materializing (spawning) at a spot I just walked through.. that's not ok.

Archived