Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

Requires adding a new web-api to return the time and then use that api on the js-code.

I know you and the rest of the team are extremely busy, but what are my chances of getting that web-api? Does asking with "pretty please with sugar on top" work?

...and while I've got your attention. Is there any way to spawn an entity at x,y,z cords? Would love that option for my server's arena.

Thanks for everything you do!

Edited by schwanz9000
cause I type good (see edit history)

For your website, Alloc, I can see a login area but not a registration page.

You have previously referred me to this when making a suggestion / request -- wondering if this is still your preferred platform? If so -- how to register?

Thanks!

I know you and the rest of the team are extremely busy, but what are my chances of getting that web-api? Does asking with "pretty please with sugar on top" work?

Probably mostly depends on how much other work I have to do today / this weekend ;)

...and while I've got your attention. Is there any way to spawn an entity at x,y,z cords?

Shouldn't be too complex but not sure right now. Again *maybe* this weekend.

hey alloc, where is the hook example ??

http://svn.illy.bz/7dtd/binary-improvements/7dtd-server-fixes/src/ChatHookExample.cs

... -- how to register?

From top of main page

USER REGISTRATION

Registration has been disabled as there was like 100 spam accounts per day at some point. If you want an account (e.g. for helping with the documentation or ticket creation) drop me a message either by any of this information or by PM on the official forum (Alloc).

I.e. you'd currently have to tell me that you would like to have an account (including the user name you want and mail address) and I'll set it up.

Not having anything like a simple captcha or manual account activation is probably the biggest annoyance of Trac ;)

Though I suppose I could fake account activation ... maybe registration will be back in a few minutes :)

is there an update to 12.2 coming for the server fixes at all.

Nope as per the release notes for the A12 version it does not require any update.

Probably mostly depends on how much other work I have to do today / this weekend ;)

Shouldn't be too complex but not sure right now. Again *maybe* this weekend.

http://svn.illy.bz/7dtd/binary-improvements/7dtd-server-fixes/src/ChatHookExample.cs

From top of main page

I.e. you'd currently have to tell me that you would like to have an account (including the user name you want and mail address) and I'll set it up.

Not having anything like a simple captcha or manual account activation is probably the biggest annoyance of Trac ;)

Though I suppose I could fake account activation ... maybe registration will be back in a few minutes :)

Nope as per the release notes for the A12 version it does not require any update.

Ty for your quick response

This is the very first time I am using this as I need it for the cbsm (cloud based server manager - i need the server.fixes.dll and the assembly-csharp.patched.dll [altho i do not know where to find this to get it all to work)

... i need the server.fixes.dll and the assembly-csharp.patched.dll [altho i do not know where to find this to get it all to work)

Who said you need those files? Just grab the mod as it is and extract it to the server folder. Nothing else to do.

Who said you need those files? Just grab the mod as it is and extract it to the server folder. Nothing else to do.

Yeh the cbsm instructions say I will post its instructions in relation cause i dont understand it lol -

Step #2) You also need to install the are Multiplayer server 'fixes', provided by Alloc - a member of The Fun Pimps.

If you're using game server hosting company, and they are familiar with 7 Days to Die hosting, they should be able to install this for you.

If you are hosting the game server through some other means, it's very simple to add these fixes yourself:

Here is the direct link: http://illy.bz/fi/7dtd/server_fixes.tar.gz

The install instruction is found below.

You essentially download the files, rename one of them slightly, and them overwrite the files in your game servers '7DaysToDie_Data/Managed' folder

"You need both the 7dtd-server-fixes.dll and the Assembly-CSharp.patched.dll (rename it to Assembly-CSharp.dll locally). Once Downloaded add these files to the 7DaysToDie_Data/Managed folder."

I found the 7dtd-server-fixes.dll but cant find in the dl the assembly one.

(PS: if i have done something wrong by asking you this question or posting the above here i will delete and am sorry)

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

Yeh the cbsm instructions say..

Dear lord, those instructions have gotten outdated fast. I will update them now.

In the mean-time, yes, there is just a "Mods" folder, now -- no longer the additional .dll to worry about.

So sorry :(

Dear lord, those instructions have gotten outdated fast. I will update them now.

In the mean-time, yes, there is just a "Mods" folder, now -- no longer the additional .dll to worry about.

So sorry :(

Argh lol ok ty ty ty heaps. I will reply in the cbsm now as to not take up Allocs page (sorry) and again ty Alloc and Alanine

Hey Alloc! Could you take a look at this and point me in the right direction or let me know if it is even possible.

Requires adding a new web-api to return the time and then use that api on the js-code.

Until Alloc can get around to this, I posted a practical solution:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?30360-Adding-the-in-game-time-to-Alloc-s-Map-Mod

Hay guys

Not sue why as yet but it seems that the give and listitems function on my server is failing.

Give was showing a error "Item not found" so I tried using listitems to be sure I had the

correct name but it was not able to find any items.

I tired using "listitems shot, listitems gun, listitems 44" but ever time I get "Item not found"

This just started today so it may be related to the 12.3 hotfix.

My server is running on Gameservers.com and everything else in Alloc's Server fixes appears to be working fine.

Thanks Chucksacca

Hey I'm not sure if I should post this question here or in the SM thread but here goes. After updating to 12.3 and installing the new alloc fixes, upon starting the server and connecting to telnet I get an error that is as follows:

7/17/2015 12:27:27 PM : Server Manager Loaded

7/17/2015 12:27:27 PM : Backups Initialized Successfully

7/17/2015 12:27:57 PM : Telnet Connection Failed: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:8081

7/17/2015 12:29:04 PM : Telnet Connection Failed: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:8081

7/17/2015 12:29:23 PM : Telnet Connection Failed: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:8081

7/17/2015 12:29:24 PM : Connected to telnet

7/17/2015 12:29:27 PM : Failed to send lp-e: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

7/17/2015 12:29:37 PM : Telnet Connection Failed: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:8081

7/17/2015 12:29:51 PM : Telnet Connection Failed: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:8081

Server Manager Shutting Down - wrote out remaining logs...

Watching the dedicated server memory usage in my task manager I see that the server steadily rises in memory usage until about 800,000k then appears to crash and start over again. Again, this just started happening with the 12.3 update and the new alloc fixes and I can't quite figure out what the issue is. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Fixed

Hey I'm not sure if I should post this question here or in the SM thread but here goes. After updating to 12.3 and installing the new alloc fixes, upon starting the server and connecting to telnet I get an error that is as follows:

7/17/2015 12:27:27 PM : Server Manager Loaded

7/17/2015 12:27:27 PM : Backups Initialized Successfully

7/17/2015 12:27:57 PM : Telnet Connection Failed: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:8081

7/17/2015 12:29:04 PM : Telnet Connection Failed: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:8081

7/17/2015 12:29:23 PM : Telnet Connection Failed: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:8081

7/17/2015 12:29:24 PM : Connected to telnet

7/17/2015 12:29:27 PM : Failed to send lp-e: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

7/17/2015 12:29:37 PM : Telnet Connection Failed: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:8081

7/17/2015 12:29:51 PM : Telnet Connection Failed: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:8081

Server Manager Shutting Down - wrote out remaining logs...

Watching the dedicated server memory usage in my task manager I see that the server steadily rises in memory usage until about 800,000k then appears to crash and start over again. Again, this just started happening with the 12.3 update and the new alloc fixes and I can't quite figure out what the issue is. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

In case anyone else is getting this, while I didn't find a direct cause for my issue, I did do a complete reinstall of the dedicated and SMv2 with the fixes and everything is in working order.

Yep, 12.3 changed a method I used ... Fix will be up in a few minutes.

/EDIT:

Uploaded

Does server need stopping to apply all of the fix or can it be done in background and restarted? I am finding that some of the files won't transfer across at the moment.

EDIT: Updated fine once server stopped.

Alloc should probably write a check for this as there is no warning when updating a live server and somehow server fixes don't get updated then.

Here is a lost thread about related issues: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?30711-12-3-vs-Allocs

I have a bug to report regarding the teleport command:

95% of the time, when a player is teleported to another region they fall into an infinite void. They have to disconnect and reconnect to spawn on the ground (it happens above and below ground).

I think i know what's happening too; its taking a couple of seconds longer for the blocks to be loaded and since its not loaded, the player just falls through where they should be. One way that would fix this is to freeze the player in place for a couple of seconds (configurable) to give the blocks a chance to load/render.

This got worse in recent versions, 2 or 3 versions ago it only happened 50% of the time.

My 7 slot server specs are more than enough and yet this is still an issue:

Intel Xeon E3 1245v2 (3.4Ghz with 4 Cores, 8 Threads)

32 GB Ram

128GB SSD Hard Drive

1Gb Connection

Hosted at a datacenter

Edited by PAL-18 (see edit history)

I have a bug to report regarding the teleport command:

95% of the time, when a player is teleported to another region they fall into an infinite void. They have to disconnect and reconnect to spawn on the ground (it happens above and below ground).

I think i know what's happening too; its taking a couple of seconds longer for the blocks to be loaded and since its not loaded, the player just falls through where they should be. One way that would fix this is to freeze the player in place for a couple of seconds (configurable) to give the blocks a chance to load/render.

Teleport twice a few seconds apart.

Alloc should probably write a check for this as there is no warning when updating a live server and somehow server fixes don't get updated then.

Here is a lost thread about related issues: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?30711-12-3-vs-Allocs

I assume you're talking about the management scripts and not the mod (as the mod doesn't have any update feature). And as the scripts run on Linux there is no issue with updating the mod while a server is running there.

On Windows machines on the other hand you can't overwrite files that are currently in use, that's just how Windows works.

Hello.

Big thank you for the mod!

Is it possible to add a command to generate world, like if it's visited by a player?

Something like "generatemap 3,7" to generate region 3,7 or "generatemap -2,1 3,3" to generate all regions from -2 to 3 on x axis and from 1 to 3 on y axis.

Together with rendermap, this would be very useful for both, users and developers to see result of random world generation.

Currently we all have to personally visit all places.