Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

Does this mean it's possible? :distant:

?

i just made a wett spot in my pants ty ty ty ty ty

Still wondering if this is actually a good thing or not ... ;)

I had the issue with the map too no reaction not showing icons. I downloaded the svn and complied it myself uploaded the map addon no more issue. I was wondering why the map xml shows version 4 in the script tar but on the actually svn it shows 5.

Didn't update the scripts archive. Gotta make those two separate ...

For getting the character's equipped items, I am not able to find the container and would love to get a nudge in the right direction.

No idea right now, gotta dig into the code myself again.

I have been having Issues with the 7dtd server fixes and Allocs commands dll files, i've installed them before a million times on my Dedicated server but Its showing Unknown command When i try li or si can anyone help?

Log?

Is the current version compatible with A12.1 or are you working on an update?

As per the last line of the release notes for the A12 version:

(ideally no more need to update this mod on game updates though of course bigger changes can still require an update in the mod) 

I.e. no updates unless something gotta be fixed :)

Alloc, there seem to be some odd things going on with teleporting after 12.1. For example, "lp" doesn't update for about 5-10 seconds after the teleport, showing the player at the previous location (even though the player can already see the new area).

I'm also experiencing other odd behaviors that I have not been able to duplicate reliably. Players getting teleported to completely different coordinates than specified in the command, and unusually long delays before the chunk loads (causing people to fall through world). I've tested it on a fresh map for 12.1 and I'm having the same issues.

Alloc, there seem to be some odd things going on with teleporting after 12.1. For example, "lp" doesn't update for about 5-10 seconds after the teleport, showing the player at the previous location (even though the player can already see the new area).

I'm also experiencing other odd behaviors that I have not been able to duplicate reliably. Players getting teleported to completely different coordinates than specified in the command, and unusually long delays before the chunk loads (causing people to fall through world). I've tested it on a fresh map for 12.1 and I'm having the same issues.

It's taking forever to load the chunks again, or something similar. Every time I set coords, they end up falling forever and having to use the teleport twice. Either that or I set up a landing pad of Hay and raise the teleport point by 20-30 meters.

It's causing an issue with the /home command from the server manager as well, although that seems to be double-edged. There's the issue loading the chunks, and when using /sethome, it's like it sets the altitude 2-4m below where you actually are.

Also, at the quote of me saying "Does this mean it's possible? :distant:" was in response to you saying that 64-bit isn't "supported" on the Linux dedi. I was asking if it was possible to use 64-bit even if it's not technically supported. I might be interested in poking around with that if it is.

Hi Alloc, another small issue. The exportitemicons command doesn't export any custom items. I'm assuming that's because there are none, so I tried to take one of the pngs of a similar item, rename it, and upload it back. However, it still shows up blank in the map inventory, and trying to view the png directly says it "contains errors".

All I did was take an existing one and rename it, so why wouldn't it load the image ?

- - - Updated - - -

I found that the giveself command does not work, nor does the weather command. I will grab the exact errors tonight. This did not work on either version of 12 for reference (12 or 12.1).

Those commands don't work on dedicated servers

I found that the giveself command does not work, nor does the weather command. I will grab the exact errors tonight. This did not work on either version of 12 for reference (12 or 12.1).

Those commands don't work on dedicated servers

I'm running the Linux dedi with two RandomGen MP servers and giveself works fine as long as you set the permissions for it. I haven't tried the weather yet, mainly because there hasn't been a need to. We get quite a bit of it.

Must have the following in your admins.xml

<permission cmd="giveself" permission_level="1" />
       <permission cmd="giveselfxp" permission_level="1" />

Then your admins and mods can use the command.

I feel stupid having to ask this because I've had the fixes working in the past. I have Frontrunnertek saying Alloc's fixes are installed and I downloaded the latest build but it's just those three directories you unpack?

I thought I remembered there used to be stuff you had to overwrite but is that not the case anymore? I added the files and got the manager working but the /sethome and /gimme commands don't work at all for some reason. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Just an FYI, this is a new server so there are no previous builds of Alloc's installed, is there one I need to install as a base?

It also doesn't seem to be recognizing the rendermap command when I am using telnet to get into it.

Edited by xercesblue (see edit history)

I'm running the Linux dedi with two RandomGen MP servers and giveself works fine as long as you set the permissions for it. I haven't tried the weather yet, mainly because there hasn't been a need to. We get quite a bit of it.

Well that explains it, thanks! Too bad we can't give XP to other players though. Would make a nice addition to some of the server mods

For 10 seconds or more after teleporting the y coordinate returned by lp is wrong. It reports my old y coord for several reads after I have already arrived at my destination. I have altered my SM to cope with it but it is not ideal and I had to make it ignore lp for 30 seconds after a teleport so it wouldn't think the player was below bedrock.

CRITICAL inventory bug found.

My server scans player inventory and I noticed it was failing to see what I actually had. The server was reporting older inventory. I tried rebooting the server but nothing changed. Also after the reboot I respawned 30km away from where I was before the reboot.

I quit right out of the game which I had been running for hours and my inventory started reporting correctly as well as updating when I rejoined.

This bug is very bad for servers because there is no way to tell when a client's inventory reporting gets stuck. The only fix is for the player to quit the game.

Hey Alloc,

I just wanted to give you a headsup what i noticed the other day my server was filling up with memory (there where multiple instances running of the same instance). I was reading trough the scripts and saw that theese entire isrunning is based that the pid file exists.

I looked farther where you stop the server in kill.sh there is something which i do not know if it safe but you end the process with

if [ $(isRunning $1) -eq 1 ]; then

echo "Failed, force closing server..."

$SSD --stop --pidfile $(getInstancePath $1)/7dtd.pid

fi

$PKILL -TERM -P $(cat $(getInstancePath $1)/monitor.pid)

rm $(getInstancePath $1)/monitor.pid

rm $(getInstancePath $1)/7dtd.pid

After

$SSD --stop --pidfile $(getInstancePath $1)/7dtd.pid

You just assume that the Pid is gone and delete the

rm $(getInstancePath $1)/7dtd.pid

which then never allows the function isrunning (which prevent for multiple instances to run or indicates the process still runs) to get true and you can start multiple instances. I noticed that where the server crashed you killed the server the script said it was killed but ir was still in the process list and i could start another process caused than there to be 2.

Maybe if you get time you can look into that or just add an PS AUX there example:

PID=$(ps aux | grep $1 | grep 7DaysToDieServer | grep -v grep |awk '{print $2}')

f [ -z "$PID" ]; then

echo "$(date) - PROCESS IS DEFENTLY CLOSED"

else

echo "$(date) - PROCESS IS STILL ALIVE WHEN IT SHOUDN'T FOUND PID:$PID "

kill -9 $PID

fi

This is what i used to make sure it is Closed without trusting the start stop daemon

We got the same problem since alpha 12.1. So something needs more performance for loading the chunks.

Hello Alloc.

After loading your fixes to A12.1 I got map issues. It deleted part of random houses and other objects. On map I see this deleted areas like black squares.

chunk.jpg.ccc09e9c45c145722e774528bbbc8375.jpg

Any idea what could be wrong? I used your fixes all the time but this is first time in A12

Thanks a lot for any help.

Neto.

For example, "lp" doesn't update for about 5-10 seconds after the teleport, showing the player at the previous location (even though the player can already see the new area).

No idea why that should have changed but I'll have a look whenever I can.

Also, at the quote of me saying "Does this mean it's possible? :distant:" was in response to you saying that 64-bit isn't "supported" on the Linux dedi. I was asking if it was possible to use 64-bit even if it's not technically supported. I might be interested in poking around with that if it is.

Sure, it's there, you can do with it whatever you want ;)

It might work to some extent but just don't expect it to be fully working. Some have it crashing right at start, others will "only" have issues with some of the Steam stuff.

The exportitemicons command doesn't export any custom items. I'm assuming that's because there are none, so I tried to take one of the pngs of a similar item, rename it, and upload it back. However, it still shows up blank in the map inventory, and trying to view the png directly says it "contains errors".

All I did was take an existing one and rename it, so why wouldn't it load the image ?

What do you mean by "upload it"? Custom icons should work fine, as long as they are added as a mod with the itemicons-folder.

No need to add those permissions unless you want people with permission level > 0 to access those. Default level is 0 so users with level 0 should be able to use them just fine.

I thought I remembered there used to be stuff you had to overwrite but is that not the case anymore? I added the files and got the manager working but the /sethome and /gimme commands don't work at all for some reason. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Nothing else required since A12. Just the Mods folder in the root of the server folder. Show your log if you can't get it to work.

CRITICAL inventory bug found.

My server scans player inventory and I noticed it was failing to see what I actually had. The server was reporting older inventory. I tried rebooting the server but nothing changed. Also after the reboot I respawned 30km away from where I was before the reboot.

I quit right out of the game which I had been running for hours and my inventory started reporting correctly as well as updating when I rejoined.

This bug is very bad for servers because there is no way to tell when a client's inventory reporting gets stuck. The only fix is for the player to quit the game.

Not sure if I got that completely right ... You're saying you were playing and it never updated the inventory of your character, not even after more than 30s? And even when disconnecting, restarting the server and getting back in the game it did still show an older state of your inventory (also after > 30s)? But when rejoining the next time it started working again?

Logs of when something is not working are always required, no idea rigt now what should be causing such behaviour.

I just wanted to give you a headsup what i noticed the other day my server was filling up with memory (there where multiple instances running of the same instance). I was reading trough the scripts and saw that theese entire isrunning is based that the pid file exists.

Good point, will have a look and update appropriately (though this is Linux management scripts and not server fixes ... ;) ).

After loading your fixes to A12.1 I got map issues. It deleted part of random houses and other objects. On map I see this deleted areas like black squares.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9705[/ATTACH]

Any idea what could be wrong? I used your fixes all the time but this is first time in A12

This mod should not influence the game's own functionality in any way. This looks simply like the map bug that some people experience and is reported a lot on the forums. If it was related to the mod there should at least be some hints in the log so you might want to attach it if this happens again.

I'm having an issue getting the map to work. It used to, but it's been a while and I really want it to work again so I figured it's time to actually troubleshoot.

I'm running dedicated server using the realtek manager as well as Alloc's fixes. Ports 26900-26950, 8080-8081, and 30000-30003 are forwarded correctly. I've entered the command "rendermap" and waited for it to reach 100%, but nothing loaded when it finished. I believe it's a connection issue, or something is typed wrong somewhere. The attached image is what is deplayed in the server manager when I click "reload" under the mapping tab, and in that address bar I have "https://10.0.0.9:80801"

asasas.jpg.d67b885f8517a2d757446482595f2ad5.jpg

I'm having an issue getting the map to work. It used to, but it's been a while and I really want it to work again so I figured it's time to actually troubleshoot.

I'm running dedicated server using the realtek manager as well as Alloc's fixes. Ports 26900-26950, 8080-8081, and 30000-30003 are forwarded correctly. I've entered the command "rendermap" and waited for it to reach 100%, but nothing loaded when it finished. I believe it's a connection issue, or something is typed wrong somewhere. The attached image is what is deplayed in the server manager when I click "reload" under the mapping tab, and in that address bar I have "https://10.0.0.9:80801"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9815[/ATTACH]

If you're using 8080 for console, and 8081 for telnet, your map is on 8082. It's always going to be console +2.

I've tried that and I made a mistake, I do have 8082 port forwarded, from 8080-8082. Sorry about that.

When I click connect on 8082 it doesn't do anything, as well as any other address. The only time I get those error messages spammed are when I click reload on https://10.0.0.9:8081. I don't understand, it seems it's trying to connect on other ports. Maybe 8082 wasn't forwarded the first time I did it, so it keeps trying other ports, because now it's in the 49300 range and keeps going up when I click reload even though 8082 is typed in the box after my subnet mask.

I've tried that and I made a mistake, I do have 8082 port forwarded, from 8080-8082. Sorry about that.

When I click connect on 8082 it doesn't do anything, as well as any other address. The only time I get those error messages spammed are when I click reload on https://10.0.0.9:8081. I don't understand, it seems it's trying to connect on other ports. Maybe 8082 wasn't forwarded the first time I did it, so it keeps trying other ports, because now it's in the 49300 range and keeps going up when I click reload even though 8082 is typed in the box after my subnet mask.

Could you post the server log? The image you posted previously is barely legible, and the log will tell us if there's anything going wrong, along with your settings.

I didn't know the forums automatically downsized the image I posted, oops. Let me figure out where to get the log so I can upload it for you. I now understand that the reason I get the error messages on 8081 is because the server itself is using that port. That was my only lead since it's the only sort of message I was getting in regards to being unable to get the map to load.

Here is the log. I just enabled it, as I didn't even know it had a log like this. Ignore the long password part, that was me.

7/15/2015 8:31:34 AM : Server Manager Loaded

7/15/2015 8:31:35 AM : Connected to telnet

7/15/2015 8:31:44 AM : Failed to send telnet gt: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

Server Manager Shutting Down - wrote out remaining logs...

7/15/2015 8:33:17 AM : Server Manager Loaded

7/15/2015 8:33:17 AM : Connected to telnet

7/15/2015 8:34:19 AM : Checked 76561198092653557 against the global ban server

7/15/2015 8:34:20 AM : Checked 76561198092653557 against the global ban server. Not on ban list.

7/15/2015 8:34:22 AM : Player connected, entityid=22169, name=Stahe, steamid=76561198092653557, ip=65.24.207.50

7/15/2015 8:34:22 AM : Player Joined: Stahe ID: 76561198092653557

7/15/2015 8:34:22 AM : Checked 76561198092653557 against the global ban server

7/15/2015 8:34:23 AM : Checked 76561198092653557 against the global ban server. Not on ban list.

7/15/2015 8:34:31 AM : Player set to offline: 76561198092653557

7/15/2015 8:34:31 AM : Player Left - ID: 76561198092653557

7/15/2015 9:05:11 AM : Telnet Connection Failed: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 10.0.0.9:8080

7/15/2015 9:05:30 AM : Failed to send telnet gt: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

7/15/2015 9:05:30 AM : Telnet Password Prompt Not Detected

7/15/2015 9:05:58 AM : Telnet Connection Failed: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 10.0.0.9:8080

7/15/2015 9:06:01 AM : Telnet Connection Failed: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 10.0.0.9:8080

7/15/2015 9:06:07 AM : Telnet Connection Failed: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 10.0.0.9:8080

7/15/2015 9:06:20 AM : Failed to send telnet gt: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

7/15/2015 9:06:20 AM : Telnet Password Prompt Not Detected

7/15/2015 9:06:26 AM : Wrong Telnet password

7/15/2015 9:06:33 AM : Wrong Telnet password

7/15/2015 9:06:39 AM : Wrong Telnet password

7/15/2015 9:06:50 AM : Failed to send telnet gt: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

7/15/2015 9:06:50 AM : Telnet Password Prompt Not Detected

7/15/2015 9:07:01 AM : Connected to telnet

7/15/2015 9:12:51 AM : Total of 0 in the game

7/15/2015 9:12:51 AM : Day 95, 23:45

7/15/2015 9:16:41 AM : Total of 0 in the game

7/15/2015 9:16:41 AM : Day 95, 23:45

[this is what happens when I click "reload" on the mapping tab]

7/15/2015 9:16:42 AM : 2015-07-15T09:16:42 661.439 INF Telnet connection from: 10.0.0.9:49862

7/15/2015 9:16:42 AM : 2015-07-15T09:16:42 661.439 INF Started thread TelnetClientReceive_10.0.0.9:49862

7/15/2015 9:16:42 AM : 2015-07-15T09:16:42 661.439 INF Started thread TelnetClientSend_10.0.0.9:49862

7/15/2015 9:16:42 AM : 2015-07-15T09:16:42 661.441 ERR Error in TelnetClientSend_ 10.0.0.9:49862

7/15/2015 9:16:42 AM : 2015-07-15T09:16:42 661.441 ERR IOException in ReadLine: Read failure

7/15/2015 9:16:42 AM : 2015-07-15T09:16:42 661.441 INF Telnet connection from: 10.0.0.9:49864

7/15/2015 9:16:42 AM : SocketException: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

7/15/2015 9:16:42 AM : 2015-07-15T09:16:42 661.442 ERR IOException in ReadLine: Read failure

7/15/2015 9:16:42 AM : 2015-07-15T09:16:42 661.443 INF Started thread TelnetClientReceive_10.0.0.9:49864

7/15/2015 9:16:42 AM : 2015-07-15T09:16:42 661.443 INF Started thread TelnetClientSend_10.0.0.9:49864

7/15/2015 9:16:42 AM : 2015-07-15T09:16:42 661.447 INF Telnet connection closed: 10.0.0.9:49862

7/15/2015 9:16:42 AM : 2015-07-15T09:16:42 661.448 INF Exited thread TelnetClientSend_10.0.0.9:49862

7/15/2015 9:16:42 AM : 2015-07-15T09:16:42 661.448 ERR IOException in ReadLine: Read failure

7/15/2015 9:16:42 AM : 2015-07-15T09:16:42 661.448 ERR Error in TelnetClientSend_ 10.0.0.9:49864

7/15/2015 9:16:42 AM : 2015-07-15T09:16:42 661.447 INF Exited thread TelnetClientReceive_10.0.0.9:49862

7/15/2015 9:16:42 AM : 2015-07-15T09:16:42 661.448 INF Telnet connection from: 10.0.0.9:49866

7/15/2015 9:16:42 AM : 2015-07-15T09:16:42 661.449 ERR IOException in ReadLine: Read failure

7/15/2015 9:16:42 AM : SocketException: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

7/15/2015 9:16:42 AM : 2015-07-15T09:16:42 661.450 INF Started thread TelnetClientReceive_10.0.0.9:49866

7/15/2015 9:16:42 AM : 2015-07-15T09:16:42 661.450 INF Started thread TelnetClientSend_10.0.0.9:49866

7/15/2015 9:16:42 AM : 2015-07-15T09:16:42 661.451 ERR IOException in ReadLine: Read failure

7/15/2015 9:16:42 AM : 2015-07-15T09:16:42 661.457 INF Exited thread TelnetClientReceive_10.0.0.9:49864

7/15/2015 9:16:42 AM : 2015-07-15T09:16:42 661.456 INF Telnet connection closed: 10.0.0.9:49864

7/15/2015 9:16:42 AM : 2015-07-15T09:16:42 661.458 INF Exited thread TelnetClientSend_10.0.0.9:49864

7/15/2015 9:16:42 AM : 2015-07-15T09:16:42 661.457 INF Telnet connection not accepted for too many login attempts: 10.0.0.9:49868

7/15/2015 9:16:42 AM : 2015-07-15T09:16:42 661.457 ERR Error in TelnetClientSend_ 10.0.0.9:49866

7/15/2015 9:16:42 AM : 2015-07-15T09:16:42 661.465 INF Telnet connection closed: 10.0.0.9:49866

7/15/2015 9:16:42 AM : 2015-07-15T09:16:42 661.465 INF Exited thread TelnetClientSend_10.0.0.9:49866

7/15/2015 9:16:42 AM : 2015-07-15T09:16:42 661.556 INF Exited thread TelnetClientReceive_10.0.0.9:49866

7/15/2015 9:16:46 AM : Total of 0 in the game

7/15/2015 9:16:46 AM : Day 95, 23:45

7/15/2015 9:16:51 AM : Total of 0 in the game

7/15/2015 9:16:51 AM : Day 95, 23:45

7/15/2015 9:16:56 AM : Total of 0 in the game

7/15/2015 9:16:56 AM : Day 95, 23:45

7/15/2015 9:17:01 AM : Total of 0 in the game

7/15/2015 9:17:01 AM : Day 95, 23:45

7/15/2015 9:17:06 AM : Total of 0 in the game

7/15/2015 9:17:06 AM : Day 95, 23:45

Server Manager Shutting Down - wrote out remaining logs...

Edited by CLYDE FROG (see edit history)