Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

Use a RCON Tool to set the permissions

webpermission add web.map 2000

webpermission add webapi.getstats 2000

webpermission add webapi.getlandclaims 2000

webpermission add webapi.getplayerslocation 2000

webpermission add webapi.getplayerinventory 2000

Or open up webpermissions.xml (mines located in Saves) and copy/paste the following

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<webpermissions>
   <admintokens>
       <!-- <token name="adminuser1" token="supersecrettoken" permission_level="0" /> -->
   </admintokens>

<permissions>
       <!-- <permission module="webapi.executeconsolecommand" permission_level="0" /> -->
       <!-- <permission module="webapi.getplayersonline" permission_level="1" /> -->
       <!-- <permission module="web.map" permission_level="1000" /> -->
       <permission module="web.map" permission_level="2000" />
       <permission module="webapi.getstats" permission_level="2000" />
       <permission module="webapi.executeconsolecommand" permission_level="0" />
       <permission module="webapi.getlandclaims" permission_level="2000" />
       <permission module="webapi.getplayersonline" permission_level="2000" />
       <permission module="webapi.getplayerslocation" permission_level="2000" />
       <permission module="webapi.getplayerinventory" permission_level="2000" />
   </permissions>

</webpermissions>

Check out the page alloc setup for more info: https://7dtd.illy.bz/wiki/Integrated%20Webserver#Permissions

That worked! Thanks :D

Also thanks for all your hard work Alloc, the map is looking really cool now!

The log tab ran great for the first few minutes after I updated. Now the screen only shows header information and the mark as read button. The counter next to the log tab keeps going up.

Are you saying it does that without reloading the page? I.e. load the page once, go to logs, works fine. Switch to map (or stay in log?) and later on the log is showing empty?

Or did you reload the page and nothing shows up anymore?

Are you saying it does that without reloading the page? I.e. load the page once, go to logs, works fine. Switch to map (or stay in log?) and later on the log is showing empty?

Or did you reload the page and nothing shows up anymore?

D. All of the above.

It worked beautifully for me for the first 15 - 20 minutes after the update. It has been a blank page ever since. Reloading or switching between the pages seems to do nothing.

D. All of the above.

It worked beautifully for me for the first 15 - 20 minutes after the update. It has been a blank page ever since. Reloading or switching between the pages seems to do nothing.

But it only went blank after the first page reload?

Same issue here, it worked once after I freshly applied the new version of Allocs Server Fiexs, but went crazy after. Each time now I switch to the LOG tab it throws error messages into the server log, they stop as soon as I switch back from the LOG to the MAP tab:

2015-08-13T14:50:55 393.788 ERR Error in ApiHandler.HandleRequest(): Handler getlog threw an exception:

2015-08-13T14:50:55 393.788 EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.API.GetLog.HandleRequest (System.Net.HttpListenerRequest req, System.Net.HttpListenerResponse resp, AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.WebConnection user, Int32 permissionLevel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.Handlers.ApiHandler.HandleRequest (System.Net.HttpListenerRequest req, System.Net.HttpListenerResponse resp, AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.WebConnection user, Int32 permissionLevel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

UnityEngine.Debug:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)

Logger:masterLogException(Exception)

Logger:Exception(Exception)

Log:Exception(Exception)

AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.Handlers.ApiHandler:HandleRequest(HttpListenerRequest, HttpListenerResponse, WebConnection, Int32)

AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.Web:HandleRequest(IAsyncResult)

System.Net.ListenerAsyncResult:InvokeCallback(Object)

(Filename:  Line: -1)

2015-08-13T14:50:56 394.400 INF Executing command 'lp' by Telnet from 221.121.159.30:49959

2015-08-13T14:50:57 395.794 ERR GetRange: invalid end 49 (listOffset: 869, count: 100)

2015-08-13T14:50:57 395.794 ERR Error in ApiHandler.HandleRequest(): Handler getlog threw an exception:

2015-08-13T14:50:57 395.794 EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.API.GetLog.HandleRequest (System.Net.HttpListenerRequest req, System.Net.HttpListenerResponse resp, AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.WebConnection user, Int32 permissionLevel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.Handlers.ApiHandler.HandleRequest (System.Net.HttpListenerRequest req, System.Net.HttpListenerResponse resp, AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.WebConnection user, Int32 permissionLevel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.Handlers.ApiHandler:HandleRequest(HttpListenerRequest, HttpListenerResponse, WebConnection, Int32)

2015-08-13T14:50:57 395.973 INF Executing command 'lp' by Telnet from 185.23.227.126:54281

2015-08-13T14:50:57 396.023 INF Executing command 'gt' by Telnet from 185.23.227.126:54281

2015-08-13T14:50:58 396.427 INF Executing command 'lp' by Telnet from 221.121.159.30:49959

2015-08-13T14:50:59 397.801 ERR GetRange: invalid end 49 (listOffset: 875, count: 100)

2015-08-13T14:50:59 397.801 ERR Error in ApiHandler.HandleRequest(): Handler getlog threw an exception:

2015-08-13T14:50:59 397.801 EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object

2015-08-13T14:51:00 398.423 INF Executing command 'lp' by Telnet from 221.121.159.30:49959

2015-08-13T14:51:00 398.928 INF Time: 6.50m FPS: 87.50 Heap: 657.1MB Max: 736.0MB Chunks: 1004 CGO: 124 Ply: 2 Zom: 10 Ent: 26 (50) Items: 20

2015-08-13T14:51:01 399.383 INF Executing command 'lp' by Telnet from 221.121.159.30:49959

2015-08-13T14:51:01 399.813 ERR GetRange: invalid end 49 (listOffset: 881, count: 100)

2015-08-13T14:51:01 399.814 ERR Error in ApiHandler.HandleRequest(): Handler getlog threw an exception:

2015-08-13T14:51:01 399.814 EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object

... and so on...

So is anyone else having trouble with teleporting?

Everyone on my server has to log out and back in everytime they use /home because it puts us in fall mode and under the world it looks like. Rebooting the server doesn't fix it. I've only used Alloc's fixes and modified some XML's to increase stack limits so no crazy modding.

This happens so far no matter where we do /sethome. On top of a building, on level untouched ground or underground. Happens 100% of the time for everyone. Logging out and back in fixes it. When I say fixes it, it puts us where we're supposed to be. Oddly enough if I do /sethome underground and then do /home and log out/in, it puts me above ground.

Edited by xercesblue (see edit history)

The issue with the teleporting happens since a longer time. I think it is not a problem with the command execution itself, but because the chunk gets not loaded fast enough when the player suddenly appears in it, and yes, relogging helps, but is it annoying at all.

having a problem with setting thins to 0 for admin.. when i it will not let me view it. i am a admin on the server admins list with a permission level set to 0 but it does not work. everything else seems fine and works like it should if its set to 1000 or 2000 just not the admin stuff

No, I was able to switch back and forth a few times before it stopped working. I had a server outage today. After the server was finally restarted, the log started working again. I'm not sure when, but I noticed that the LOG number was over 1000 unread. I switched over to the log page and it wasn't working again.

I must just be really confused with the last few changes. I had to wait for Gameservers to implement the patch from a couple days ago for Alloc's mod.. but it skipped that one and did not pass Go, went directly to rev. 250 (5_7_9). So I updated that, logged in real quick, logged out, reloaded the map IP, no luck. Changed admin settings back to 0 (they were at 2000 just to try that last time when 0 was no longer working), and still no luck. I'm sorry, please remind me what log is needed, or maybe what i need to change to get our map working again?

mapmod.jpg.fb30b82a4518b7be899186b89aeeebcf.jpg

Thanks for the feedback on the log-part, will have a look (I suppose I almost know what it is anyway ;) ).

having a problem with setting thins to 0 for admin.. when i it will not let me view it. i am a admin on the server admins list with a permission level set to 0 but it does not work. everything else seems fine and works like it should if its set to 1000 or 2000 just not the admin stuff

... Changed admin settings back to 0 (they were at 2000 just to try that last time when 0 was no longer working), and still no luck. I'm sorry, please remind me what log is needed, or maybe what i need to change to get our map working again?

Both of you: after logging in on the web page please provide the server log: https://7dtd.illy.bz/wiki/Logs

@Melcene: Did it work for you when you tried with the required permissions set to 2000?

Same problem

I have exactly the same problem. The error message is:

2015-08-14 13:11:57 : 2015-08-14T13:11:57 1758.970 ERR Error in ApiHandler.HandleRequest(): Handler getlog threw an exception:

2015-08-14 13:11:57 : NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

2015-08-14 13:11:59 : 2015-08-14T13:11:59 1760.972 ERR GetRange: invalid end 49 (listOffset: 783, count: 100)

which it loops indefinitely.

Both of you: after logging in on the web page please provide the server log: https://7dtd.illy.bz/wiki/Logs

@Melcene: Did it work for you when you tried with the required permissions set to 2000?

Did not work after setting permissions to 2000. But you mentioned required permissions; am I missing something? Gameservers does things a bit differently: when installing your mod, I do it directly through their page, like so:

gameserversconfig.jpg.d3782aef0f37c57513d92506501b3ac4.jpg

And then when updating the server admin file, same thing, like so:

serveradmin.jpg.af7f6a875d0b9ae581d71b197e615860.jpg

And here is the log file: http://pastebin.com/xBsiDpP3 (You'll note I simply logged in and out to see if the map would work.)

Sorry, no news yet on the log-page, haven't had any free time since thursday :(

Log from server after you tried logging in to the webpage?

Did not work after setting permissions to 2000. But you mentioned required permissions; am I missing something?

Not sure what you did but at least the log says your user had permission level of 1000:

2015-08-14T23:52:11 127.299 INF Steam OpenID login from 71.197.198.43:56423 with ID 76561198040081821, permission level 1000

And you also could not execute 'sa' in game for this reason:

2015-08-15T00:09:22 1158.438 INF Denying command 'sa' from client Melcene

So you have to make your user level 0 (by using the admin command) *or* set the required permissions for the web modules (webpermission command) to 1000 (if just for logged in users) or 2000 (for everyone).

Not sure what you did but at least the log says your user had permission level of 1000:

2015-08-14T23:52:11 127.299 INF Steam OpenID login from 71.197.198.43:56423 with ID 76561198040081821, permission level 1000

And you also could not execute 'sa' in game for this reason:

2015-08-15T00:09:22 1158.438 INF Denying command 'sa' from client Melcene

So you have to make your user level 0 (by using the admin command) *or* set the required permissions for the web modules (webpermission command) to 1000 (if just for logged in users) or 2000 (for everyone).

Yeah I have it set to 2000, but for some reason it looks like it showed up as 1000. I've noticed that the Command Persmissions thingie says this:

cmd : This is the command name, any command not in this list will not be usable by anyone but the server.   permission level : 0-1000, a user may run any command equal to or above their permission level.

But your post is helpful - I think I know what I need to do. I will try!

I figured it all out. It was my still semi-newbness with xml. Everything in the admin xml still has the stupid <!-- --> around it... making it null. Also figured out how to add additional commands to my admin xml. Yay! Things should work tonight!

Edited by Melcene
Aha! (see edit history)

Yeah I have it set to 2000, but for some reason it looks like it showed up as 1000. I've noticed that the Command Persmissions thingie says this:

cmd : This is the command name, any command not in this list will not be usable by anyone but the server.   permission level : 0-1000, a user may run any command equal to or above their permission level.

But your post is helpful - I think I know what I need to do. I will try!

I figured it all out. It was my still semi-newbness with xml. Everything in the admin xml still has the stupid <!-- --> around it... making it null. Also figured out how to add additional commands to my admin xml. Yay! Things should work tonight!

If you use an RCon client you can type

webpermission add web.map XXXX

webpermission add webapi.getstats XXXX

webpermission add webapi.getlandclaims XXXX

webpermission add webapi.getplayerslocation XXXX

webpermission add webapi.getplayerinventory XXXX

XXXX = Numbers between 0-2000

Forgive me if this has been stated or maybe it is just my instance, but the coordinates system does not work. I was adding a prefab to my random gen and got the coords from the map by hovering and then even clicking. Didn't double check inside the game before, which is my own fault, but spawned the prefab and it is was off in neverland. A long distance away from what the coordinates I got from the web map and the in game coords are.

Forgive me if this has been stated or maybe it is just my instance, but the coordinates system does not work. I was adding a prefab to my random gen and got the coords from the map by hovering and then even clicking. Didn't double check inside the game before, which is my own fault, but spawned the prefab and it is was off in neverland. A long distance away from what the coordinates I got from the web map and the in game coords are.

I use the map to set slash commands for teleport points and it is spot on for me. Maybe you miss typed the coordinates?

Make sure to use the following format...

x, y, z

The 1st number X is East or West. West is a negative number.

The 2nd number Y is Elevation

The 3rd number Z is North or South. South is a negative number.

The confusing part is remembering that the coordinates on the web and in-game maps are displayed N/S, E/W and need to be flipped when using commands.