Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

This should get cleaned up but it's nothing to worry about, it's just a closed connection ;)

Show inventory should be fixed now. (Stupid me didn't hook up the inventory event ...)

Thank you very much good sir!

Now you need to work on fixing the sa command, no one likes roll backs from restarts.

si command doesn't work and sa saveworld doesn't seem to work either

This should get cleaned up but it's nothing to worry about, it's just a closed connection ;)

Show inventory should be fixed now. (Stupid me didn't hook up the inventory event ...)

Hi, i don't know that some have say you but your last update rev. 232 has broken the ban command from console!

Message from console by enter type ban:

Ban <- No sub command given.

regards.

Hi, i don't know that some have say you but your last update rev. 232 has broken the ban command from console!

regards.

It's not broken. Its different.

Patchnotes> use ban help

regards.

I love people that do not read the changes of the game. ;)

- Added new console commands (getgameprefs, gettime, kill, listplayerids, loglevel, version)

- Commands rewritten (admin, ban, commandpermission, kick, settime, whitelist; use help <command> to see new/changed features)

The magic command is "help" and if you type "help ban" than you'll get usefull infos. :D

Since 11.3 and the latest Alloc's fixes (I did delete the mods directory and replace with newer files) my server only Says one word. If I attempt to talk from the FRT server Manager it only says one word, same with the MoTD. I figure it might be an issue with that program just wanted to mention it here as well since it only happened since the patch and it appears we cannot teleport home anymore either.

Since 11.3 and the latest Alloc's fixes (I did delete the mods directory and replace with newer files) my server only Says one word. If I attempt to talk from the FRT server Manager it only says one word, same with the MoTD. I figure it might be an issue with that program just wanted to mention it here as well since it only happened since the patch and it appears we cannot teleport home anymore either.

When using FRT's SM you need to take all of the quotes out of your text.... It is no longer needed. If you updated to the newest SM and Alloc's Fixes you should have no problems. Just remove quotes from your server messages.

When using FRT's SM you need to take all of the quotes out of your text.... It is no longer needed. If you updated to the newest SM and Alloc's Fixes you should have no problems. Just remove quotes from your server messages.

Hmm OK thank you! I'll check it out, updated to 1.6 about an hour ago but haven't logged into game to check cause I didn't know which side had the problem. although I never used quotes before for the MoTD or the Revolving messages.

Hi there,

i replaced the Assembly-CSharp.dll in 7DaysToDie_Data/Managed folder, but where have i to put the:

Mods/Allocs_CommandExtentions/AllocsCommands.dll

Mods/Allocs_CommonFunc/7dtd-server-fixes.dll

Mods/Allocs_WebAndMapRendering/MapRendering.dll

files to? And how can i enable each mod or check if it's enabled?

BR

Hi there,

i replaced the Assembly-CSharp.dll in 7DaysToDie_Data/Managed folder, but where have i to put the:

Mods/Allocs_CommandExtentions/AllocsCommands.dll

Mods/Allocs_CommonFunc/7dtd-server-fixes.dll

Mods/Allocs_WebAndMapRendering/MapRendering.dll

files to? And how can i enable each mod or check if it's enabled?

BR

All you have to do is extract the full contents of the archive directly into the root folder of the dedicated server files and it should install just fine.

Hmmm...did it like that, doesn't work like a charm :-(

http://owncloud.alienhard.net/public.php?service=files&t=75340dc18aac7bdfd6536435c2bd7be0&download

http://owncloud.alienhard.net/public.php?service=files&t=c376f4ad6029c1849151b8d37947189b&download

2015-04-22T10:08:37 943.277 EXC Read failure

SocketException: The descriptor is not a socket

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags flags) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Rethrow as IOException: Read failure

at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadBuffer () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadLine () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TelnetConnection.md0005 (.ThreadInfo par0001) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

UnityEngine.Debug:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)

Logger:masterLogException(Exception)

Logger:Exception(Exception)

Log:Exception(Exception)

TelnetConnection:md0005(ThreadInfo)

ThreadManager:md0005(Object)

Edited by HectorNr666 (see edit history)

No, you did not. You extracted it in a subfolder of the game folder.

Think you're right, now moved from:

~/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days to Die Dedicated Server/7DaysToDie_Data/Mods

to:

~/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days to Die Dedicated Server/Mods

Thanks dude, will find out :encouragement::mad-new:

Hello Alloc. I want to ask you, if "spawnwanderinghorde" command will work again or is definitely removed? It would be nice to have it now, when spawning horde is broken :)

I have missed this command so much. I tried spawning spider scouts to spawn hordes but that doesn't work either.

Please please please bring back the spawnwanderinghorde command.

This thread is about my mod, not about the game. Neither saveworld nor spawnwanderinghorde were ever part of this mod ...

That said, I'm not aware of any problems with saveworld and I don't know anything about spawnwanderinghorde, but I'll have a look at that one.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is about my mod, not about the game. Neither saveworld nor spawnwanderinghorde were ever part of this mod ...

That said, I'm not aware of any problems with saveworld and I don't know anything about spawnwanderinghorde, but I'll have a look at that one.

Wasn't spawnwanderinghorde removed by TFP in alpha 10? I know it was a console command through alpha 9 - used it a great deal but it was then removed. I know it was in the patch notes when they did that but someone would have to dig through them to see exactly when it was taken out

Wasn't spawnwanderinghorde removed by TFP in alpha 10? ...

Yep, exactly. And thanks for reminding me on this issue, actually tested it and the wandering horde code isn't there anymore, at least not in a state compatible with the old command. After all there was a reason we removed the command back then ;)

• 2 weeks later...