Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

So do we not need to download your A12 update?

If you want to use the mod you have to of course.

after i configure and start a new instance

servercrash -> The requested value 'DayLightLength' was not found.

my configfile ->

<property name="DayLightLength" value="18"/>

<property name="DayNightLength" value="40"/>

Log & config?

my map worked for a few hours then stopped working

Log?

And stops working == you can't access it (i.e. the webserver does not respond) or does it stop generating map tiles?

That is the result for ("after" timestamp mentioned):

The full log of that part would be interesting (like the next 1 minute) to see if there's anything related at all. Doesn't necessarily have to contain the SteamID.

Nonetheless seen should be stamped on join and part (not to mention during) for just this reason or it is not coherent.

Yeah, added that :)

And while we're talking about logs, another thing I noticed is that there is no stampfixing (same timestamp) in one logfile rotation:

Yup, the timestamp for the game log is generated on starting the game, the other timestamp on starting the monitor script. Will have to make it pass the appropriate timestamp (will be v91). Thanks for bringing this to attention.

Hello Alloc and thanks again for all this great work!

I wanted to ask you, currently, we log the inventory and belt of all players in case of bag destruction or cheating in a csv file, but we'd like to log the equipped armor/clothing as well, I was wondering if you could help regarding how to do that?

Thanks a lot,

Neo

Hi Alloc, your tools are very nice so far.

I have one proposal: Could you make the "map rendering" command with an added option like "map rendering -5000"(or other values) so it would render all terrain around 0 in 5000 blocks distance? Would be nice to test out the options in rwgmixer.xml and would be like the wanted prerendering of the map.

Sure rendering takes time, but you would need it only once.

Greetings!

webserver stops responding , had to take out the protect file to get it to work

Meh, yeah, some people had that before. It's really time to get rid of that authentication method ... :(

I wanted to ask you, currently, we log the inventory and belt of all players in case of bag destruction or cheating in a csv file, but we'd like to log the equipped armor/clothing as well, I was wondering if you could help regarding how to do that?

Well, shouldn't be that hard to also query the equipment when doing the inv / belt. Just didn't see a need for that so far but I might get on to that at some point.

I have one proposal: Could you make the "map rendering" command with an added option like "map rendering -5000"(or other values) so it would render all terrain around 0 in 5000 blocks distance? Would be nice to test out the options in rwgmixer.xml and would be like the wanted prerendering of the map.

If I got you right you want a map without exploring the areas? If so that's not possible with the current code at all as RWG only generates the world when you move around. In future there might be ways to generate a given area of the world manually but before that's in the game there won't be a mapping feature for undiscovered areas.

If I got you right you want a map without exploring the areas? If so that's not possible with the current code at all as RWG only generates the world when you move around. In future there might be ways to generate a given area of the world manually but before that's in the game there won't be a mapping feature for undiscovered areas.

Yeah you got me. I would like that but shortly after posting i realized you only render the visited map. And only if visited its generated. So thats a topic for the RWG 3.0 first.

Hi there,

Thanks a lot for your reply, I will look further into the files to see how I can access the equipped items :).

I wanted to ask you and anyone else whether they experienced the below error on their dedicated server? It keeps repeating as well but I can't pinpoint the exact reason, I only know that it's due to the GM_SavePlayerData.

Error in GM_SavePlayerData: System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
 at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[system.String,AllocsFixes.PersistentData.Player].ContainsKey (System.String key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AllocsFixes.PersistentData.Players.get_Item (System.String steamId, Boolean create) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AllocsFixes.PersistentData.Inventory.Update (.PlayerDataFile pdf) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AllocsFixes.PersistentData.Player.Update (.PlayerDataFile _pdf) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AllocsFixes.PlayerDataStuff.GM_SavePlayerData (.ClientInfo _cInfo, .PlayerDataFile _playerDataFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

I am wondering if it could be due to these lines in Inventory.cs Update function:

string playername = PersistentContainer.Instance.Players[PersistentContainer.Instance.Players.GetSteamID(pdf.id.ToString(), true), false].Name;
string steamid = PersistentContainer.Instance.Players[PersistentContainer.Instance.Players.GetSteamID(pdf.id.ToString(), true), false].SteamID;
Player p = PersistentContainer.Instance.Players[PersistentContainer.Instance.Players.GetSteamID(pdf.id.ToString(), true), false];

Should I change the false to true ?

Any help is extremely appreciated. Thanks a lot again,

Neo

Would this be the correct place to ask why I can't seem to get the map on the server manager working?

I have the rev. 238 fixes installed, with the FrontRunnerTek SM 1.0.6.7 with a fresh copy of 7 days installed. The server is running and working fine, people can connect, and the manager displays a green like next to connected and allocs fixes. The map used to work, but stopped working towards the end of A11 (I think at 11.5 or 11.6). I can't figure it out, and I'm not sure where to post else to post this since it's related to the fixes, but also the server manager, so please forgive me if it's in the wrong place.

I have a feeling I'm missing something that's right in front of me. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Forgot to Rendermap on my new world. LOL

Edited by CLYDE FROG (see edit history)

Alloc is it still possible to get old versions?

i started a 10.4 server to try help some of my members that can't play anymore, mind you even on patch 10.4 they were barely able to play but they could play lol.

i have a couple VPS systems i could host them on easy, and i have a bad habit of deleting everything from old patches lol thats why i no longer have them.

i just wanna secure those servers as much as i can and have the commands working etc...

right now i have to turn off eac to get in the server but it works.

Noobzocalypse 10.4 PvE Now Online

Ip: 192.99.152.128

Port: 26104

thats the server i have up and running i am not managing it yet and i do have frt running for it, just no server messages are working etc...

Eric

Noobs Inc Group Leader And Founder

http://noobzocalypse.com/

http://www.gametracker.com/clan/noobzocalypse/

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/noobzocalypse

my links lol still need updating but i will get to that 1 day :p

webserver/js/index.js lines 122 and 123, will affect both the grid lines and the strings. Though you probably won't easily find a a color that will be easy to read on every background ;)

Yellow on the text was quite readable.

i Run into 2 Issues:

First i run a server for weeks now in 32Bit mode instead of 64bit (should pay more attention).

I changed my start.sh.

i replaced this:

LC_ALL=C LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$SDTD_BASE/engine $SSD --start $SSD_PID $SSD_DAEMON $SSD_USER --chdir $SDTD_BASE/engine --exec $SDTD_BASE/engine/7DaysToDieServer.x86 -- $OPTS > $(getInstancePath $1)/logs/stdout.log 2>&1

with this:

if [ $(uname -m) == 'x86_64' ]; then

LC_ALL=C LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$SDTD_BASE/engine $SSD --start $SSD_PID $SSD_DAEMON $SSD_USER --chdir $SDTD_BASE/engine --exec $SDTD_BASE/engine/7DaysToDieServer.x86_64 -- $OPTS > $(getInstancePath $1)/logs/stdout.log 2>&1

else

LC_ALL=C LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$SDTD_BASE/engine $SSD --start $SSD_PID $SSD_DAEMON $SSD_USER --chdir $SDTD_BASE/engine --exec $SDTD_BASE/engine/7DaysToDieServer.x86 -- $OPTS > $(getInstancePath $1)/logs/stdout.log 2>&1

fi

It Basicly detects the Kernel you are using if 32Bit or 64Bit and then starts either the 32bit executable or the 64bit executable.

The other one was the status.sh

i was getting Following Output:

Open ports:

23002 (tcp)

24000 (tcp)

25000 (udp)

25001 (udp)

25002 (udp)

Players: (standard

Game info:

Server name: North Carolina PVE

Password:

Max players: 32

World: Random Gen

See how the Current Players show (standard instead a number. Aparently this is an issue with grep if you took the regex out you got following output

Binary file (standard input) matches

so i change thi:

cur=$(telnetCommand $1 lp | grep -E "^\s?Total of " | cut -d\ -f 3)

and change this into:

cur=$(telnetCommand $1 lp | grep --text -E "^\s?Total of " | cut -d\ -f 3)

and got now following output:

Instance: NCSurvival

Open ports:

23002 (tcp)

24000 (tcp)

25000 (udp)

25001 (udp)

25002 (udp)

Players: 13

Game info:

Server name: North Carolina PVE

Password:

Max players: 32

World: Random Gen

i noticed the same thing in the instances.sh

Instance name | Running | Players | Port

---------------------+----------+---------+------

NCSurvival | yes | (standard/32 | 25000

test | no | -/ 4 | 25100

changed there:

cur=$(telnetCommand $I lp | grep -E "^\s?Total of " | cut -d\ -f 3)

into:

NCSurvival | yes | 14/32 | 25000

test | no | -/ 4 | 25100

server:~# 7dtd.sh instances list

test | no | -/ 4 | 25100

test | no | -/ 4 | 25100

test | no | -/ 4 | 25100

Maybe this helps somebody!

I wanted to ask you and anyone else whether they experienced the below error on their dedicated server? It keeps repeating as well but I can't pinpoint the exact reason, I only know that it's due to the GM_SavePlayerData.

Should I change the false to true ?

Not experienced this myself, but a full log might help me pinpoint the issue (though I do have an idea ;) ). Also "no", you shouldn't change that part, it's false there because it's not supposed to allocate a new player entry there.

EDIT: Forgot to Rendermap on my new world. LOL

So does it work now? (You shouldn't need to manually call the rendermap command ever though, unless you had people playing on the server without the mod at the beginning as then there would be discovered stuff that's not written to the map)

and what type of method would you suggest??

SteamAuth, planned for a while, didn't get around to add that yet. But for some reason I'm currently really interested in getting this finally in so maybe towards the end of the week :)

Alloc is it still possible to get old versions?

Yep, if you look at the folder where the archive is you'll find all the old versions too. Also please stop advertising in every single thread you post especially if it's completely offtopic like in this case.

Yellow on the text was quite readable.

Ah, thanks for the feedback. Will see how this would work out. Still wondering about yellow on deserts but it might be good enough :)

First i run a server for weeks now in 32Bit mode instead of 64bit (should pay more attention).

64 bit Linux is not supported.

The other one was the status.sh

i was getting Following Output: ...

See how the Current Players show (standard instead a number. Aparently this is an issue with grep if you took the regex out you got following output

Great find, thanks, will add this to the next script release.

(Also, this thread is about the server mod, not the scripts ;) )

Regards,

Chris

SteamAuth, planned for a while, didn't get around to add that yet. But for some reason I'm currently really interested in getting this finally in so maybe towards the end of the week

i just made a wett spot in my pants ty ty ty ty ty

webserver stops responding , had to take out the protect file to get it to work

Sorry for the question, but since A12 I can't get mapping (not responding) or bag-peek to work properly. You mentioned taking out the protect file in order to fix this? Would you mind being more specific for a newer person such as myself? Also any idea's as to how to get bag-peek up and running? The icons aren't appearing like they were in A11 even after updating to rev. 242

Edit: Figured out the map issue but still haven't determined why bag-peek isn't working.

Edited by OrbDamu (see edit history)

Sorry for the question, but since A12 I can't get mapping (not responding) or bag-peek to work properly. You mentioned taking out the protect file in order to fix this? Would you mind being more specific for a newer person such as myself? Also any idea's as to how to get bag-peek up and running? The icons aren't appearing like they were in A11 even after updating to rev. 242

Edit: Figured out the map issue but still haven't determined why bag-peek isn't working.

Figured it all out please ignore.

I had the issue with the map too no reaction not showing icons. I downloaded the svn and complied it myself uploaded the map addon no more issue. I was wondering why the map xml shows version 4 in the script tar but on the actually svn it shows 5.

Thanks a lot for your help Alloc. It's odd that I don't experience the issue anymore, however if it happens again I will post the full log :).

For getting the character's equipped items, I am not able to find the container and would love to get a nudge in the right direction.

Thanks a lot again,

Neo

I have been having Issues with the 7dtd server fixes and Allocs commands dll files, i've installed them before a million times on my Dedicated server but Its showing Unknown command When i try li or si can anyone help?

Clarity questions.. are you using the commands in game or through the console?

Is your steam id set for admin rights in the serveradmin.xml file?