Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but.... is there a need to store this data? I mean as a mod? I just need the data output to a log, and I can store the data in a database (as I planned to). Sure, not everyone is going to use my stuff, I get that. But I mean, to enable this in general, the data just needs to be output to the log, storage of it could come secondary.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!!

In your case it may not be necessary as your app is watching the console the whole time (unless it loses connection - which will leave holes in your data), but I need to be able to query a playername/steamid/entityid in the console when needed rather than tail the logfile accumulating totals myself.

For me, something like `showplayerstats playername` returning a json encoded playerstats object is ideal.

I'm guessing this is better stored periodically/trigger-based in DB of some sort, rather than calling on the server process everytime to find out the required stats.

Edited by zigstum (see edit history)

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but.... is there a need to store this data?

Kinda ;)

For your "what killed who" event it's not relevant, but for the general stats talk that's been going on here lately. As well as other logging (like maybe player tracking) or configuration stuff. I don't want to have to put a thousand random things in flat files ;)

Kinda ;)

For your "what killed who" event it's not relevant, but for the general stats talk that's been going on here lately. As well as other logging (like maybe player tracking) or configuration stuff. I don't want to have to put a thousand random things in flat files ;)

Fair enough. =) I just missed the switch of scope that was being talked about, thanks!

Fully free, embeddable and most of all portable (no net connections needed).

Ok, correction on my previously stated requirements: "free fully embeddable managed-only DB solutions for .NET" ;)

Looked at that one before as SQLite obviously is a very widespread one for embedding but officially they don't even have Linux/OSX packages (even though it might just work with dropping the native libs for those in). Just noticed though that Mono has its own SQLite wrapper which is even shipped with Unity so that might work after all. Still not as flexible as e.g. a triple store :(

Hello, finally was able to register to the forums after waiting weeks, wanted to get acquainted with how you guys were modding and with who were doing the modding. I've been browsing the forums and and code just wanted to ask if you guys all work on patching the Unity Script bundle together or is it just a cluster truck of individuals writing their own patchers?

Especially with the SDX tool and how they build their mods? not bashing anyone just wanting to get a hold of what we have to work with.

I have built a dynamic Patcher and a basic framework for building mods with hooks but wanted to see SDX for myself but wanted my own background to learn and get a handle of how the game works internally, so far it's not too complicated just a lot of useless fall-through code and hidden strings from crypto.

I am a programmer myself and wanted to get into it but did not want to work on older versions. Alloc seems to be the guy that a lot of people go to besides Domonix, that I can tell. And was wondering what you guys had to say.

Thanks,

Hard_WireD

Argh, sorry, wanted to get it out this sunday but then we spontaneously went on a trip ... ;)

Should be up within the next hours.

Hey Alloc, no worries at all. I appreciate your making the changes! Thanks much, I'll get to work on using them tonight!

I have a little improvement for the webserver livemap.

Sometimes if there more than 1 player at the same location its hard to click on the green circle too look in there inventory.

Sometimes the green circle does not open or its realy anoying to look in inventorys for 5 player if i must click everytime on the green circle.

The player names is also random in that green circle... Its a game ;)

Maybe you can fix it or change it.

My Idea:

Make a option to look in inventorys via the player list.

Or

much better

A page with all inventorys each other.

thanks

@thomtree: The player list is meant to become more powerful, currently it's obviously not of that much use ;)

i have opened the server map 24/7 and look most of the time in every inventory. If iam at home i look every hour 2 times in all inventorys. Its the only help for us to ban these duping guys. Or you have another solution ? It would be nice if the work would be easier.

thanks

Hey Alloc.

This is my first time posting in your forums so first I want to say thank you for all the work you put into the server fixes. Now that's out of the way. spawnmultipleentity/unlockall commands are no longer working for me, have they been taken out for the time being or am missing something. Last time using unlockall was before your last update and seemed to be working for me then. Any ideas?

Thanks

TreeHuggingCharly

Hey Alloc.

This is my first time posting in your forums so first I want to say thank you for all the work you put into the server fixes. Now that's out of the way. spawnmultipleentity/unlockall commands are no longer working for me, have they been taken out for the time being or am missing something. Last time using unlockall was before your last update and seemed to be working for me then. Any ideas?

Thanks

TreeHuggingCharly

Those are part of Coppi's that Alloc added and then took out a few updates back. You can add them with Coppi's separately.

i have opened the server map 24/7 and look most of the time in every inventory. If iam at home i look every hour 2 times in all inventorys. Its the only help for us to ban these duping guys. Or you have another solution ? It would be nice if the work would be easier.

As I said opening the inventory will definitely come to the player list. No idea what else to add to make that checking easier for you though.

Alloc how hard would it be to add a feature to schedule a shutdown every NNN seconds (so every 3 hours for example).

On linux, you can use cron:

0 0,3,6,9,12,15,18,21 * * * /usr/local/bin/7dtd.sh kill instance_name #kills server 
1 0,3,6,9,12,15,18,21 * * * /usr/local/bin/7dtd.sh start instance_name #starts server 

That would stop the server every 3hours on the hour and restart it one minute later.

On linux, you can use cron:

0 0,3,6,9,12,15,18,21 * * * /usr/local/bin/7dtd.sh kill instance_name #kills server 
1 0,3,6,9,12,15,18,21 * * * /usr/local/bin/7dtd.sh start instance_name #starts server 

That would stop the server every 3hours on the hour and restart it one minute later.

yes I can also do that on Windows Server 2012 but killing the process does not save the last game state like using the console shutdown command via Telnet. when I tried killing the process on a schedule players complained they lost items or progress because everything was lost between the last server save and the process kill.