Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

I recently started a new seed on my server and upgraded to Valmod 3.25. Now when I use the web map's "inventory viewer" the server restarts...it's not like a crash as we lose no time and no forges are bugged. There are no errors in the logs, but nor are there shutdown messages. This is very odd behavior....anyone else seen this?

Might be the Unity "do everything on the main-thread or I'm gonna randomly crash" thing. If that's it it will be fixed with the A15 mod version.

Is there a way to color the name and text of certain players and will that make the server show up as mod version regular?

Check out coppi's mod for this stuff.

Alloc what is the path for your Mods? would it be: C:\7DTDServer\7DaysToDieServer_Data\mods ?

Presuming your server root folder is C:\7DTDServer\ the path would be C:\7DTDServer\Mods\Allocs_*

You would also want Coppi's Additions in there for the chat colouring. Chat colouring does not move the server from the vanilla to the modded tab in the server list.

- - - Updated - - -

Alloc on the Tele command, is it only for admins? can I put it in permissions for everyone? also can it work with the chat window "pressing T" instead of the console like /gimme does?

All commands are configurable using a permissions system. It is fully explained on this page:

https://7dtd.illy.bz/wiki/Console%20Commands

All commands go into the console, no commands are available in chat without third-party mods.

Edited by zigstum (see edit history)

Hello Alloc,

some questions about Teleportation or Tele.

1. I set up the tele command with permission of 1000 assuming all my users can use it. but all it does is teleport them to themselves.

2. If specify a location like <Command Command="hubcity" Response="tele {EntityId} 908 -1 1651" DelayBetweenUses="30" />

how do I specify the quadrant to teleport to? the center of the map would be 0 -1 0 so if I want to be in the NW quadrant do I add N E after? if so is the first the NS and 3rd the EW? so 908 E -1 1651 W ?

thanks

Hello Alloc,

some questions about Teleportation or Tele.

1. I set up the tele command with permission of 1000 assuming all my users can use it. but all it does is teleport them to themselves.

2. If specify a location like <Command Command="hubcity" Response="tele {EntityId} 908 -1 1651" DelayBetweenUses="30" />

how do I specify the quadrant to teleport to? the center of the map would be 0 -1 0 so if I want to be in the NW quadrant do I add N E after? if so is the first the NS and 3rd the EW? so 908 E -1 1651 W ?

thanks

Permission may not be low enough. Try using 2000. Also make sure the players are formatting the tele command correctly.

If Bob wants to tele to Joe. Bob needs to type tele Bob Joe.

North and East are positive numbers.

South and West are negative numbers.

tele coords are x, y, z

x = + East or - West

y = height from bedrock but not the "elevation" in game. -1 puts you on the top most block

z = + North or - South

So to teleport to a North West quadrant you would use -1000 -1 1000

Remember that Custom Chat Commands are only part of dmustanger's ServerTools and not Alloc's Server Fixes

Hope this helps.

Is there any way to change the teleport command to only allow teleport between friends or have an accept/deny? the tele command can easily be abused by players.

Not with the basic commands. I believe that the Botman server manager allows this to some extent, but I've only grazed over it's features atm. I don't have personal experience with it.

So like your mod and would like to suggest some changes. yes I could probably make them as well but heck its your code and I would sooner donate to your effort!

your Teleportation "Tele" command needs some work as it is abused when you give it to everyone. there is no protection from random TP. so I would like to suggest you re-work it as follows:

1. change it to three commands:

-- /TPA <player name/steam ID/game id> - this ADDs a player to my approved TP list - example /TPA Byter or /TPA 171

-- /TPD <player name/steam ID/game id> - this DELETEs a player from my approve TP list

-- /TP <player name/steam ID/game id> - this would TP me to the specified player as long as I am on that players list.

so just like log files you would maintain a list of files by steam ID containing my list of approved players as well as timestamp so I can control TP time.

ideally I can configure:

- delay between TPs - 15 minutes default

- delay before TP happens like 5s so that a player can Hit and run

- if possible, can't TP if taking damage or below 50% health - keeps you from cut and run scenarios

What do you think? make the changes and I can donate for sure!!

@Guppy: Not what he wants, i.e. specifying where you may teleport to for individual users.

@Lonestarcanuck: This mod is intended to mostly provide administrative features. What you're after is high level enduser features, so that's more for another mod. Wonder though why anyone would want normal users to be allowed to teleport anyway ... Always felt that would lower the fun playing the game ;)

So like your mod and would like to suggest some changes. yes I could probably make them as well but heck its your code and I would sooner donate to your effort!

<snip>

What do you think? make the changes and I can donate for sure!!

Another approach would be to write a script that "front-ends" Alloc's "tele" command. For instance, you set a chat hook to look for "my_tele" or somesuch, and then have your script figure out all the conditions that must apply for the teleport to work. In the end it either does or does not teleport the user. Something like this would be pretty easy to implement.

Yet another approach is to use a management tool like CBSM that provides a "gate" feature.

Hoping someone can help me out here. Ive followed BigC90210's methods for embedding this map into a web page using an iframe and it works great. Hes also posted a tutorial for how to remove the overlays (left menu, minimap, etc). However, I still want to make that functionality available to me as the administrator.

My question is this. Is there an easy way to start the server map with the left menu collapsed? I have tried scouring the files myself to find it and unfortunately theres a lot of code to dig through and no obvious way that Im seeing. Thanks for any help you can offer!

My question is this. Is there an easy way to start the server map with the left menu collapsed?

I had actually prepared for this but forgot to actually add the required code afterwards ... This will be in the next update, so you will be able to specify the option "hideOnStart: true" in for the tab-setup in index.js.

My question is this. Is there an easy way to start the server map with the left menu collapsed? I have tried scouring the files myself to find it and unfortunately theres a lot of code to dig through and no obvious way that Im seeing. Thanks for any help you can offer!

Until Alloc releases this functionality, you can do this manually with three small changes in the index.html file:

<div class="adminnavbarhidebutton">  --becomes-- <div class="adminnavbarhidebutton hidenav">
<div class="adminnavbar">  --becomes--  <div class="adminnavbar hidenav">
<div id="admincontent">  --becomes--  <div id="admincontent" class="hidenav">

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks and WebApi Questions to alloc

hello alloc, before all thanks for all ur effort and sorry for my english.

Im testing with api and im stuck because dont want to use obstrusive metods to fetch the data.

I saw theres a webapi.getLog, u know when the getChat will be released? i can make hook after some tests, but i like Webapi.

Another idea its make getStorages with all storages of a map/player with position and storage health will it be posible?

Thanks for all again and hope u have good days!

Browser Map not working

So what am I doing wrong? I can't get the browser map to work. I used SteamCMD to load the dedicated server files on my file server PC running Win7 so it's in a custom folder (D:\SteamGames\7dtdserver\). My client and server are up to date. I had already generated a map and played on it for about 10 in-game days before I wanted to try to get the browser map working. I found that I already had the 'Mods' folder in the root '7dtdserver' folder where the 7daystodie.exe and startdedicated.bat files are, but just to make sure I downloaded the latest version from the site, deleted the existing Mods folder and dropped in the new one.

I confirmed that my serverconfig.xml file has the ControlPanel set to 'true' with the port as 8080 and a password set. I even confirmed that I can go to 127.0.0.1:8080 and login to the Control Panel UI and send commands like saveworld and shutdown. I also tested from my gaming rig and it works fine. But when I try going to 127.0.0.1:8082 in FireFox, IE or Chrome it just says the page can't be displayed.

My Saves folder is in my %appdata% folder for 7DaystoDie, but I didn't think I had to fool with that, just drop the Mods folder into the root dedicated folder install path. I saw mentioning of permissions on the site for Alloc's Fixes. Do I have to add commands and permissions to my config files to get it to work? I assume it's very simple and that's why the site doesn't go into much detail about how to get it to work. I just feel like I'm missing something. I've gotten it to work in the past even. Then I watch YouTube videos of how to get it to work like BigC90210 and that's all he does; drops the Mods folder in the dedi server install directory and it starts working.

I even installed the 1.0.67 version of FrontRunnerTek's Server Manager (which I know is outdated and abandoned, but it still works) and confirmed that Alloc's Fixes are installed properly (I don't know of any other way to verify it). The web browser also doesn't load in FRT's Server Manager.

What am I doing wrong? Anything I need to verify? Thanks in advance for reading this and trying to help.

Edited by ScubaSteve (see edit history)

Check the output logs on server startup, you should see this (in first hundred lines):

INF [MODS] Trying to load from Allocs_WebAndMapRendering
Non platform assembly: /home/sdtd/engine/Mods/Allocs_WebAndMapRendering/MapRendering.dll (this message is harmless)
2016-08-20T04:00:02 0.261 INF [MODS] Found ModAPI, creating instance
2016-08-20T04:00:02 0.261 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: Allocs MapRendering and Webinterface (16)

And a little further on:

INF Started Webserver on 8082
Platform assembly: /home/sdtd/engine/7DaysToDieServer_Data/Managed/Mono.Security.dll (this message is harmless)

Your file paths will be different because you are using SteamCMD for install, but the rest should match.

Thanks for the response, zigstum.

So this is what I get:

Unloading 6 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)

UnloadTime: 4.729134 ms

2016-08-18T13:46:30 0.015 INF Awake

2016-08-18T13:46:30 0.066 INF Version: Alpha 14.7 (b6) Compatibility Version: Alpha 14.7, Build: Windows 64 Bit

2016-08-18T13:46:30 0.066 INF System information:

2016-08-18T13:46:30 0.067 INF OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit

2016-08-18T13:46:30 0.068 INF CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor (cores: 3)

2016-08-18T13:46:30 0.068 INF RAM: 7936 MB

2016-08-18T13:46:30 0.068 INF GPU: Null Device (128 MB)

2016-08-18T13:46:30 0.071 INF Graphics API: NULL 1.0 [1.0] (shader level 2.0)

2016-08-18T13:46:30 0.084 INF Last played version: Alpha 14.7

2016-08-18T13:46:30 0.085 INF Local UTC offset: -6 hours

2016-08-18T13:46:30 0.086 INF Command line arguments: 7daystodie -logfile 7DaysToDie_Data\output_log__2016-08-18__13-46-28.txt -quit -batchmode -nographics -configfile=serverconfig.xml -dedicated

2016-08-18T13:46:30 0.094 INF Parsing server configfile: D:/steamgames/7dtdserver/7DaysToDie_Data/../serverconfig.xml

2016-08-18T13:46:30 0.152 INF Parsing server configfile successfully completed

2016-08-18T13:46:30 0.153 INF Starting dedicated server level=Random Gen game name=BillMurray

2016-08-18T13:46:30 0.153 INF Maximum allowed players: 8

2016-08-18T13:46:30 0.154 INF Game mode: GameModeSurvivalMP

2016-08-18T13:46:30 0.632 INF Texture quality is set to 3

2016-08-18T13:46:30 0.692 INF NET: InitCallbacks

2016-08-18T13:46:30 0.697 INF [MODS] Start loading

2016-08-18T13:46:30 0.698 INF [MODS] Trying to load from Allocs_CommandExtensions

2016-08-18T13:46:30 0.729 WRN [MODS] Not loading DLL, only supported on the dedicated server build

2016-08-18T13:46:30 0.730 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: Allocs command extensions (9)

2016-08-18T13:46:30 0.730 INF [MODS] Trying to load from Allocs_CommonFunc

2016-08-18T13:46:30 0.731 WRN [MODS] Not loading DLL, only supported on the dedicated server build

2016-08-18T13:46:30 0.731 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: Allocs server fixes (13)

2016-08-18T13:46:30 0.732 INF [MODS] Trying to load from Allocs_WebAndMapRendering

2016-08-18T13:46:30 0.733 WRN [MODS] Not loading DLL, only supported on the dedicated server build

2016-08-18T13:46:30 0.733 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: Allocs MapRendering and Webinterface (16)

2016-08-18T13:46:30 0.733 INF [MODS] Loading done

2016-08-18T13:46:30 0.780 INF Loading permissions file at 'C:\Users\aaron.Server\AppData\Roaming/7DaysToDie/Saves/serveradmin.xml'

2016-08-18T13:46:30 0.810 INF Loading permissions file done.

UMA Overlay loading took 839 ms

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

UMA Slot loading took 4 ms

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Dof/DX11Dof' - Pass '' has no vertex shader

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Dof/DX11Dof' - Setting to default shader.

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Suimono/effect_refractDroplets' - Setting to default shader.

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Suimono/effect_refractionViewDepth' - Setting to default shader.

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Code/GoggleEyed' - Setting to default shader.

2016-08-18T13:46:37 7.120 INF WorldStaticData.Init() needed 3.879s

Platform assembly: D:\steamgames\7dtdserver\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\System.Configuration.dll (this message is harmless)

2016-08-18T13:46:37 7.167 INF Started Telnet on 8081

2016-08-18T13:46:37 7.175 INF Awake done

Platform assembly: D:\steamgames\7dtdserver\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Mono.Security.dll (this message is harmless)

Platform assembly: D:\steamgames\7dtdserver\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Mono.Security.dll (this message is harmless)

2016-08-18T13:46:37 7.472 INF Atlas reset took 194 ms

2016-08-18T13:46:37 7.472 INF Atlas load took 292 ms

Platform assembly: D:\steamgames\7dtdserver\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Mono.Posix.dll (this message is harmless)

Fallback handler could not load library D:/steamgames/7dtdserver/7DaysToDie_Data/Mono/libc

Fallback handler could not load library D:/steamgames/7dtdserver/7DaysToDie_Data/Mono/.\libc

Fallback handler could not load library D:/steamgames/7dtdserver/7DaysToDie_Data/Mono/libc

Unloading 3057 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 165654.

Total: 196.827576 ms (FindLiveObjects: 25.855259 ms CreateObjectMapping: 6.435700 ms MarkObjects: 160.091324 ms DeleteObjects: 4.444335 ms)

Should I be concerned about that "Not loading DLL, only supported on the dedicated server build" part? Note that I'm using Magoli's COMBOPACK_22 modded prefab pack but no actual mods of any kind. I did modify the items.xml to increase the stack number on all drinks, but that's it.

Edited by ScubaSteve (see edit history)

Thanks for the response, zigstum.

Should I be concerned about that "Not loading DLL, only supported on the dedicated server build" part?.

Not sure if you should be concerned ^^

You are running the server that is shipped with the client.

To use the webmap you must run the dedicated server.

You can find all the info you need here:

https://7dtd.illy.bz/wiki

Good luck :)

Hi Alloc! I just wanted to let you know I'm still getting zombies way out in the radiation zone. As you can see from the picture below, that I've switched my server over to play on Navezgane while waiting for A15. There is a snow zombie way out at 3464 N 2744 E, but the farthest snow zombie spawn in the log is 1856 N 1813 E. Even if he spawned there, he should have died in the radiation zone walking north. Also, during the picture below, there were 0 players online. Your thoughts?

4vksNns.png