Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

EDIT: The "WRN DENSITYMISMATCH" message shows in a log written out by a bot we run. So based on that I assume the bot can interpret it and will ask the bot dev if the fix command can be automated. I have no idea what the implications are running these fixes automatically.

Could you guys please stop randomly posting stuff in here? This thread is about the mod, not the game in general.

If you're referring to my post about fixing the chunk density issues, it wasn't that I went and picked a random thread to post in. I intentionally came in here and spent the time to post because back in "rev. 272 (7_9_13) (2016-04-28)" you added the command "repairchunkdensity".

I'll propose some additions to the "repairchunkdensity" command in the hopes that you'll see my post as less random (though I dislike doing this since I often overlook the more obvious solution the devs come up with):

1. Instead of showing a list of chunks with errors, add an option where it will run the "fix" against every line that would've been returned to the log file.
  2. If that's not possible, instead of outputting the chunk density warnings to the server log file, can you have it go to the console instead? In this case we can automate a bot that will run "rcd" often against random players, interpret the errors and run the fix command against the returned coordinates.

I appreciate the purpose of your mod is to provide features and fixes that lack in the core game and hope you're not offended by my persistence that my life could be made significantly easier by you adding an option to the command. Thank you for the work that you do for us, I won't run a server without your mod.

Edited by mythan (see edit history)

The command isn't part of my mod (it was for like a version or two because I didn't get it in the game in time) but the actual feature was always part of the game ;)

Also it's not meant as the big "all-time tool" but rather a band-aid for as long as we don't have that fully fixed. Proper reports of how those issues come up in the first place would be way more useful than just adding in "better" versions of such a band-aid.

Btw, you don't need to run the fix command against every coordinate, just one coord out of a chunk is enough (e.g. the coord used when running the check).

The command isn't part of my mod (it was for like a version or two because I didn't get it in the game in time) but the actual feature was always part of the game ;)

Also it's not meant as the big "all-time tool" but rather a band-aid for as long as we don't have that fully fixed. Proper reports of how those issues come up in the first place would be way more useful than just adding in "better" versions of such a band-aid.

Btw, you don't need to run the fix command against every coordinate, just one coord out of a chunk is enough (e.g. the coord used when running the check).

Thanks Alloc, that's good to know.

So based on what you've said about not having to run it against every coordinate, that means we simply (for example), do "rcd 100 100" and if it returns any "WRN DENSITYMISMATCH" messages we run "rcd 100 100 fix", rather than cycle through the list of coordinates that the WRN might return.

If I can find a way to reproduce the issue I'll go post it in the appropriate area rather than here. What I can say is that it's incredibly common and happens often where people try and flatten an area to build a foundation for a base. I don't think I've ever seen the issues below the surface and I've fixed hundreds.

Does the Killall command kill all players or all zombies? I thought I read there was a kill command that killed all Zombies? I heard this is not a bad thing to do before horde night to get all the zombies re-allocated.

It kills all zombies, I thought it was players as well, but someone said it was zombies the other day. I gave it a shot, and yup, zombies, not players.

... do "rcd 100 100" and if it returns any "WRN DENSITYMISMATCH" messages we run "rcd 100 100 fix", rather than cycle through the list of coordinates that the WRN might return....

Yes. Even running the "fix" directly won't hurt, you just won't know if there was anything to actually fix. Will add that output for A16 though.

@schwanz9000: Thanks for the detailed report, hope we'll be able to repro it :)

Yes. Even running the "fix" directly won't hurt, you just won't know if there was anything to actually fix. Will add that output for A16 though.

@schwanz9000: Thanks for the detailed report, hope we'll be able to repro it :)

Fantastic! Thanks to both of you for your efforts :)

For those silly people that can't do mod7 in their head? Not sure if I want to support those peasants ;P

Added it.

haha :D i always used to mod7 in my head but i always hear ppl asking for the day, or ppl using pre-calculated excel lists (lol) or handwritten "7th day forecast" :D. Especially for ppl joining TS first and asking for the day i thought this is a good help for them.

Thanks for adding! ;)

What dmustanger said ;)

I plan to add more options to the map to filter out players so you don't see an endless list of players that aren't even active. So filtering banned or inactive users should become possible.

Alloc, Have you had any chance to look into this? It would be much appreciated by many.

Alloc,

I'm not sure if this is appropriate to being done in your mod, or the core game. So if this is the wrong thread, please let me know.

Can we get a connection message (as we have now) when a player connects to the server, and then another one when they've "joined the game". Meaning they are actually in the world and able to move around? Currently, I can't do things like welcome messages and whatnot without timers (that as you know is just best guess), as it takes 30 or so seconds to actually get into the game. Also, there are things I do such as adding to the players list, getting IP addresses, etc.. that I can't/don't want to do until the player is actually in the game.

Thanks much!

With respect to the webmap, is there any way to allow players to view the map but restrict them to seeing only those areas they have revealed. or is it simply all or nothing? Thanks!

I'm pretty sure it's all or nothing as it uses a different set of image files to create the webmap vs. the in-game map.

Basically it's Server vs. Client.

The A15.1 update has caused a problem for this Mod (on my machine at least - Ubuntu 14.4).

IP address are being reported with extra characters, which I presume is also stopping the playerconnect parameters being carried to the scripts, and consequently any hook scripts that rely on any of the variables. It is reflected in the fact that the log files are also not receiving the player connect vars - player.log:

+++ 9229 DRiVER 76561198012345678 12.246.93.316 76561198012345678
2016.12.07 22:32:38 --- 1184388  
2016.12.07 22:34:48 --- 1616383  
2016.12.07 22:36:50 +++     
2016.12.07 22:38:17 +++     
2016.12.07 22:38:22 ---   
2016.12.07 22:38:41 +++     
2016.12.07 22:38:51 --- 103321  
2016.12.07 22:39:18 +++     
2016.12.07 22:39:52 +++ 103321 Sniped2Death 7656119797246325 62.99.39.150 76561114892988235

Mostly, the players details are not available.

Maybe related is the fact that the IP address is reported differently - as an LP command shows:

1. id=1616383, Worst, pos=(-2419.0, 37.9, 327.2), rot=(-34.2, 116.2, 0.0), remote=True, health=52, deaths=7, zombies=8, players=0, score=3, level=6, steamid=76561197912345678, ip=::ffff:35.115.218.221, ping=58
2. id=461972, zigstum, pos=(534.1, 69.1, -124.3), rot=(-16.9, 433.1, 0.0), remote=True, health=100, deaths=0, zombies=623, players=0, score=623, level=85, steamid=76561198012345678, ip=::ffff:94.36.88.795, ping=23
3. id=1183334, barthome, pos=(-1469.9, 58.9, 319.1), rot=(-4.2, 473.9, 0.0), remote=True, health=70, deaths=16, zombies=73, players=0, score=27, level=17, steamid=76561198012345678, ip=::ffff:192.82.2.685, ping=30
4. id=9229, DRiVER, pos=(-1404.7, 58.6, 339.1), rot=(0.0, 454.2, 0.0), remote=True, health=70, deaths=88, zombies=731, players=0, score=434, level=99, steamid=76561198012345678, ip=89.256.2.36, ping=36
Total of 4 in the game

Is this a problem specific to my machine? Is there anything I can do to solve it?

Thanks.

Edited by zigstum (see edit history)

Alloc, Have you had any chance to look into this? It would be much appreciated by many.

No, sorry, didn't have time for that stuff yet.

Can we get a connection message (as we have now) when a player connects to the server, and then another one when they've "joined the game".

Yeah, thought about that before as my welcome message also appears too early ;)

Will have a look, could be A16 only though.

With respect to the webmap, is there any way to allow players to view the map but restrict them to seeing only those areas they have revealed. or is it simply all or nothing? Thanks!

As schwanz9000 already replied that's not possible, as the data is simply a representation of all parts of the map that have been uncovered.

The A15.1 update has caused a problem for this Mod (on my machine at least - Ubuntu 14.4).

IP address are being reported with extra characters, which I presume is also stopping the playerconnect parameters being carried to the scripts, and consequently any hook scripts that rely on any of the variables. It is reflected in the fact that the log files are also not receiving the player connect vars - player.log:

That's part of the scripts, not the mod ;)

Anyway, the monitoring script is simply a bit strict on that part so it can't handle the IPv6 format. Will do an update today.

That's part of the scripts, not the mod ;)

Anyway, the monitoring script is simply a bit strict on that part so it can't handle the IPv6 format. Will do an update today.

Ahh, wrong forum again XD

Yes, I was just trying to reform the regex on scripts/usr/local/lib/7dtd/monitor-log.sh

Thanks for the quick response.

edit/update:

For anyone who wants a temp fix until Alloc has updated the monitor-log.sh:

change:
ip=*\([0-9.]*\)$ or ip=[0-9.]*$

to:
ip=[::ffff:]*\([0-9.]*\)$ or ip=[::ffff:]*[0-9.]*$

on lines 127-131.

Edited by zigstum
temp fix (see edit history)

For anyone who wants a temp fix until Alloc has updated the monitor-log.sh:

change:
ip=*\([0-9.]*\)$ or ip=[0-9.]*$

to:
ip=[::ffff:]*\([0-9.]*\)$ or ip=[::ffff:]*[0-9.]*$

on lines 127-131.

Actually [:f] would've been enough ;)

This won't work though as soon as a real IPv6 shows up. Proper one would be "[a-fA-F:0-9.]" for the whole match.

Alloc,

Someone reported this to me that they were having the issue with my RAT server manager, I checked manually through the console and can no longer spawn items with a specified quality. You can spawn them without a quality and a random one will be given. When you specify one, you get the below error:

INF Executing command 'give "Trekkan" bandanaRed 1 443' by Telnet from 127.0.0.1:51966

INF Error in Give.Run: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at AllocsFixes.CustomCommands.Give.Execute (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 _params, CommandSenderInfo _senderInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I'm pretty sure this started with A15.1.

Alloc

Thanks for adding the code for the days of the week so I don't have to mod it back in every update! :encouragement:

I've noticed that you have code to show the number of days until blood moon. Could you double check and make sure that is working on your end? I had to mod it to show up. I did the following...

In index.html I added...

<div class="adminnavbar">
		<div id="serverstats">
			<span id="stats_time">-</span><br/>
			[color="#00FF00"]<span id="stats_bloodtime">-</span><br/>[/color]
			<span id="stats_players">-</span> Players<br />
			<span id="stats_hostiles">-</span> Hostiles<br />
			<span id="stats_animals">-</span> Animals
		</div>

In stats.js I added/changed...

function TimeTitle (gametime) {
var daynames = ["", "Monday", "Tuesday", "Wednesday", "Thursday", "Friday", "Saturday", "Bloodday"];
var dayOfWeek = DayOfWeek (gametime.days);
var result = "";
// Show days til blood moon:
result += (7 - dayOfWeek) + " Days til Blood Moon\n"; [color="#00FF00"]the new line code doesn't work here...[/color]
// Show day of week (number):
[color="#00FF00"]//[/color]result += "Day of week: " + dayOfWeek + "\n"; [color="#00FF00"]...so I commented out the dotw# here[/color]
// Show day of week (name):
//result += daynames[dayOfWeek];
return result;

Added the following to both StartStatsModule and StartUIUpdatesModule

.done(function(data) {
		var time = FormatServerTime (data.gametime);
		[color="#00FF00"]var bloodtime = TimeTitle (data.gametime);[/color]

$("#stats_time").html (time);
                       [color="#FF0000"]$("#stats_time").prop ("title", TimeTitle (data.gametime));[/color] [color="#FF0000"]<---Removed[/color]
		[color="#00FF00"]$("#stats_bloodtime").html (bloodtime);[/color]
		$("#stats_players").html (data.players);
		$("#stats_hostiles").html (data.hostiles);
		$("#stats_animals").html (data.animals);

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone with a high-pop server (I'd say 20+) who could do a little testing for us?

What's up Alloc? my server Zombie Bait has 20-30 on almost all the time. running Alloc/Server Tools and RAT Admin interface.

I have full access to the server - it is mine and hosted at Internap in Dallas right next to Google with very good ping. the game runs on an SSD with standard setup except zombies set to 160.