Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

Hey Alloc, I don't know if this is your area or not, but I have this error showing up in the map log.

Error Infinity or NaN floating point numbers appear when calculating the transform matrix for a Collider. Scene hierarchy path "Entities/Enemies/zombieYo_87181/GameObject/Graphics/Model/zombieStandardYoRagdoll/Origin/Hips/Spine/Spine1/Spine2/Spine3/LeftShoulder/LeftArm"

2016-08-28 14:42:23 Error Infinity or NaN floating point numbers appear when calculating the transform matrix for a Collider. Scene hierarchy path "Entities/Enemies/zombieYo_87181/GameObject/Graphics/Model/zombieStandardYoRagdoll/Origin/Hips/Spine/Spine1/Spine2/Spine3/LeftShoulder/LeftArm/LeftArmRoll/LeftForeArm"

2016-08-28 14:42:23 Error Infinity or NaN floating point numbers appear when calculating the transform matrix for a Collider. Scene hierarchy path "Entities/Enemies/zombieYo_87181/GameObject/Graphics/Model/zombieStandardYoRagdoll/Origin/Hips/Spine/Spine1/Spine2/Spine3/Neck/Head"

2016-08-28 14:42:23 Error Infinity or NaN floating point numbers appear when calculating the transform matrix for a Collider. Scene hierarchy path "Entities/Enemies/zombieYo_87181/GameObject/Graphics/Model/zombieStandardYoRagdoll/Origin/Hips/Spine/Spine1/Spine2/Spine3/RightShoulder/RightArm"

2016-08-28 14:42:23 Error Infinity or NaN floating point numbers appear when calculating the transform matrix for a Collider. Scene hierarchy path "Entities/Enemies/zombieYo_87181/GameObject/Graphics/Model/zombieStandardYoRagdoll/Origin/Hips/Spine/Spine1/Spine2/Spine3/RightShoulder/RightArm/RightArmRoll/RightForeArm"

2016-08-28 14:42:23 Error Infinity or NaN floating point numbers appear when calculating the transform matrix for a Collider. Scene hierarchy path "Entities/Items/Item_116943"

2016-08-28 14:42:23 Error Infinity or NaN floating point numbers appear when calculating the transform matrix for a Collider. Scene hierarchy path "Entities/Items/Item_116943"

Any ideas?

Hey Alloc, I don't know if this is your area or not, but I have this error showing up in the map log.

Error Infinity or NaN floating point numbers appear when calculating the transform matrix for a Collider. Scene hierarchy path "Entities/Enemies/zombieYo_87181/GameObject/Graphics/Model/zombieStandardYoRagdoll/Origin/Hips/Spine/Spine1/Spine2/Spine3/LeftShoulder/LeftArm"

Any ideas?

We have had this a few times on our server, it was never fatal; until yesterday.

One of my users had posted on our forum that when he or two others in his group joined the server it would crash. We tracked down their position to a bank on the edges of the map. We had to stop the server and delete the region (and the three next to it to be sure), and start the server again. When the offending players rejoined it was okay and they managed to get away from that area - all but one. Hours later it started again, as one of the team had logged on in the bank again. Server crash every time he logged in.

I stopped the server, and deleted the offending regions again and the server stayed up even when the problem player logged on.

I've searched this error and found that the 'hornet' seems to be a common theme :D

When it spams the log file, it's quite aggressive. You can see it happen as soon as the player 'Salsanips' logs on:

2016-08-28T00:24:30 149.035 INF PPS logged in player: 76561198013862145 -> 288257
2016-08-28T00:24:30 149.043 INF Adding observed entity: 10, (7647.8, 117.1, 528.9), 9
2016-08-28T00:24:30 149.043 INF GMSG: Player 'Salsanips' joined the game
2016-08-28T00:24:30 149.043 INF Player connected, entityid=288257, name=Salsanips, steamid=76561198013862145, steamOwner=76561198013862145, ip=75.171.12.207
2016-08-28T00:24:30 149.043 INF Player set to online: 76561198013862145
Infinity or NaN floating point numbers appear when calculating the transform matrix for a Collider. Scene hierarchy path "Entities/Enemies/hornet_546744/GameObject/Graphics/Model/HornetPrefab/root/thorax/abdomen"

(Filename:  Line: 170)

Infinity or NaN floating point numbers appear when calculating the transform matrix for a Collider. Scene hierarchy path "Entities/Enemies/hornet_546744/GameObject/Graphics/Model/HornetPrefab/root/thorax/head"

Infinity or NaN floating point numbers appear when calculating the transform matrix for a Collider. Scene hierarchy path "Entities/Enemies/hornet_546744/GameObject/Graphics/Model/HornetPrefab/root/thorax/abdomen"

Infinity or NaN floating point numbers appear when calculating the transform matrix for a Collider. Scene hierarchy path "Entities/Enemies/hornet_546744/GameObject/Graphics/Model/HornetPrefab/root/thorax/head"

It's worth mentioning that we would never have been able to locate the players or the region they were in without Allocs scripts and webmap.

Edited by zigstum (see edit history)

We have had this a few times on our server, it was never fatal; until yesterday.

One of my users had posted on our forum that when he or two others in his group joined the server it would crash. We tracked down their position to a bank on the edges of the map. We had to stop the server and delete the region (and the three next to it to be sure), and start the server again. When the offending players rejoined it was okay and they managed to get away from that area - all but one. Hours later it started again, as one of the team had logged on in the bank again. Server crash every time he logged in.

I stopped the server, and deleted the offending regions again and the server stayed up even when the problem player logged on.

I've searched this error and found that the 'hornet' seems to be a common theme :D

When it spams the log file, it's quite aggressive. You can see it happen as soon as the player 'Salsanips' logs on:

2016-08-28T00:24:30 149.035 INF PPS logged in player: 76561198013862145 -> 288257
2016-08-28T00:24:30 149.043 INF Adding observed entity: 10, (7647.8, 117.1, 528.9), 9
2016-08-28T00:24:30 149.043 INF GMSG: Player 'Salsanips' joined the game
2016-08-28T00:24:30 149.043 INF Player connected, entityid=288257, name=Salsanips, steamid=76561198013862145, steamOwner=76561198013862145, ip=75.171.12.207
2016-08-28T00:24:30 149.043 INF Player set to online: 76561198013862145

It's worth mentioning that we would never have been able to locate the players or the region they were in without Allocs scripts and webmap.

OK, thanks for that.

A15 Pregen map and "rendermap" command?

Hi Alloc,

Madmole, will there be an option to generate the whole world when dedicated server starts? Would be very nice to have that option.

No, its hard coded to pregen the map.

For A15, does this mean we can now run the "rendermap" command and it'll build the entire map since it's been pregenerated?

If possible, would be interesting to see how long it'll cause the server to be unavailable, as per:

"NOTE that this will take a long time to execute (in the minutes) depending on how big the visited map is so far. During this time the server can not be used for playing or any commands."

EDIT: Is there any way to throttle it so it leaves the server available for playing while it's building the map in the background?

I just wanted to let you know I'm still getting zombies way out in the radiation zone.

No idea currently. Haven't investigated any further on this either though.

Any ideas?

Not really mine but normally I'd have a look ... as we're approaching A15 though I'd just wait until this happens again with that release instead of spending time right now on an issue that might already be fixed ;)

For A15, does this mean we can now run the "rendermap" command and it'll build the entire map since it's been pregenerated?

No idea, haven't looked into those changes yet. But I'd actually doubt it ;)

EDIT: Is there any way to throttle it so it leaves the server available for playing while it's building the map in the background?

Would require a bit of a redesign as currently it simply does one long run on the main thread so nothing else can do its work in between. Possible: Yes. Likely: maybe later on ;)

the Give or giveself like "Giveself Shotgun 600" or "Give Quicken Shotgun 600" does not work :(

The quality of a gun is based on the quality of the parts. Fully assembled guns roll a random quality.

give <player name> <component> <quantity> <quality>

give Lonestarcanuck partsPumpShotgun_stock 1 600

give Lonestarcanuck partsPumpShotgun_receiver 1 600

give Lonestarcanuck partsPumpShotgun_parts 1 600

give Lonestarcanuck partsPumpShotgun_barrel 1 600

Use listitems (li for short) command to find the component names such as li partsPump will list all Shotgun parts.

- - - Updated - - -

is there a version of your server fixes for a 14.7?

http://illy.bz/fi/7dtd/server_fixes.tar.gz

How do Server managers do a shutdown and restart? Most seem to use Alloc's mod and all I see is the 7DTD standard shutdown command. example CBSM uses RCON and Alloc' stuff so how does it restart 7DTD?

If you are running the server on the same machine as the server manager, you can do whatever you want with the server process, has nothing to do with Alloc's mod. At least that's how my server manager works. I'm sure there are other ways that it is done though.

Any way to make my map (alloc file) to record movement of all players in a separate document in server folder (track player movement)?? I am Using CBSM but it not enough time recording and data is not accurate :( As I am admin - its important for my pve server to see who nicked stuff etc, but often I need movement log 1-3 weeks old... RunTek was best in this bit...but... :(

Any way to make my map (alloc file) to record movement of all players in a separate document in server folder (track player movement)?? I am Using CBSM but it not enough time recording and data is not accurate :( As I am admin - its important for my pve server to see who nicked stuff etc, but often I need movement log 1-3 weeks old... RunTek was best in this bit...but... :(

There is a way and we are running this atm.

You will need PrismaMod, mysql to record and php + webserver to view the data.

Let me know if you are interested.

Edited by zigstum (see edit history)

How do Server managers do a shutdown and restart? Most seem to use Alloc's mod and all I see is the 7DTD standard shutdown command. example CBSM uses RCON and Alloc' stuff so how does it restart 7DTD?

I found just stopping the process resets the day to 0. I connect to my server over telnet using Putty and just use the shutdown command. Works well as long as you enable telnet in the config file and specify the password/port.

Im interested.

There is an exe called LP2DB - List Players 2 DB - it runs under mono on linux or natively in windows.

It connects to the server via telnet and periodically (we use 5sec interval) sends the 'lp' command to the server. It then sends an SQL to a local MySQL instance to save the positions and a timestamp according to their Steam ID.

Every minute it also sends a showinventory command for each connected player. This is also saved in the DB and stored with the SteamID and timestamp.

I wrote a player info page using JS Datatables - one of the functions is to click on a player and then view the inventory and navigate via datepicker or increments.

The only thing remaining is the ability to search based on location/date/inventory contents, and a representation on the map of the player tracks, but that will have to wait till I get time.

PM me your email address (or add me on steam with the same name I use here) and we can sort it out, if you want to try it.

Credit goes to Prisma501 for writing the program.

PS: When I said PrismaMod is needed I was mistaken, it is not needed for this functionality.

There is an exe called LP2DB - List Players 2 DB - it runs under mono on linux or natively in windows.

It connects to the server via telnet and periodically (we use 5sec interval) sends the 'lp' command to the server. It then sends an SQL to a local MySQL instance to save the positions and a timestamp according to their Steam ID.

Every minute it also sends a showinventory command for each connected player. This is also saved in the DB and stored with the SteamID and timestamp.

I wrote a player info page using JS Datatables - one of the functions is to click on a player and then view the inventory and navigate via datepicker or increments.

The only thing remaining is the ability to search based on location/date/inventory contents, and a representation on the map of the player tracks, but that will have to wait till I get time.

PM me your email address (or add me on steam with the same name I use here) and we can sort it out, if you want to try it.

Credit goes to Prisma501 for writing the program.

PS: When I said PrismaMod is needed I was mistaken, it is not needed for this functionality.

added you on steam. TTL

Hello,

I have a question.

I use allocs server fixe since start of my servers , and until yesterday I could not find any offline player displayed on the map and the upper right corner , but since last night are there only : Players ( offline ) ( 16 ) but I have more than 300 players on my server had .

How can I solve the problem that again all be as indicated player .

sorry for my englisch

If I got that right you're saying that you're not seeing as many offline players as there should be?

Have you reset anything? Changed seed name? The data is stored in the save folder so if that folder changed (or got deleted) it will no longer know about those.

Could also be a bug but without the log ...

View Player Backpack Errors on Dedi A15(b83) - Mod Rev.289

Hey Alloc! Thanks for this first off, love it! I'm currently running my dedi with A15(B83) and updated the mod to rev.289 today and when I look at a players inventory, the TelNet console spams a lot of errors. BTW, this happened with rev.277 too, I hadn't tried rev.283. I notice the mod doesn't load the icons/textures for the items in the backpack view, and these errors seem to correlate to the action of me viewing a backpack. I've inserted one complete instance of an error below and attached as much as I could copy from my TelNet console in a text file. Let me know if there are any other files/info I can provide to assist.

2016-09-23T13:43:35 144.742 INF Error in Web.HandleRequest(): UnityEngine.UnityException: Texture '' is not readable, the texture memory can not be accessed from scripts. You can make the texture readable in the Texture Import Settings.
 at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Texture2D:GetPixels (int,int,int,int,int)
 at UnityEngine.Texture2D.GetPixels (Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 blockWidth, Int32 blockHeight) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.Handlers.ItemIconHandler.LoadIcons () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.Handlers.ItemIconHandler.HandleRequest (System.Net.HttpListenerRequest req, System.Net.HttpListenerResponse resp, AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.WebConnection user, Int32 permissionLevel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.Web.HandleRequest (IAsyncResult result) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Server Mod Errors - Viewing Player Backpack.txt

Yes, getting the same as Boa_2K7 on b88, but wasn't sure what caused it.

2016-09-25T08:26:43 43023.728 INF Error in Web.HandleRequest(): UnityEngine.UnityException: Texture '' is not readable, the texture memory can not be accessed from scripts. You can make the texture readable in the Texture Import Settings.
 at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Texture2D:GetPixels (int,int,int,int,int)
 at UnityEngine.Texture2D.GetPixels (Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 blockWidth, Int32 blockHeight) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.Handlers.ItemIconHandler.LoadIcons () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.Handlers.ItemIconHandler.HandleRequest (System.Net.HttpListenerRequest req, System.Net.HttpListenerResponse resp, AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.WebConnection user, Int32 permissionLevel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.Web.HandleRequest (IAsyncResult result) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0