Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

Thanks for the offer, won't work out though as that's another part I missed to state :(

So, to recap:

Anyone with a high-pop server (I'd say 20+) who could do a little testing for us?

Server has to be running Windows (Unity limitations again ... :( ) and under your control, i.e. you have to be able to download a different Steam branch.

;)

Thanks for the offer, won't work out though as that's another part I missed to state :(

So, to recap:

Anyone with a high-pop server (I'd say 20+) who could do a little testing for us?

Server has to be running Windows (Unity limitations again ... :( ) and under your control, i.e. you have to be able to download a different Steam branch.

;)

Whenever you guys are looking for a no-pop server that fits the rest of that, let me know. ;) Seems people hate playing on a server that is constantly getting reset while the admin (me), screws around with stuff. Who would of thought? ;)

Bluefang is pretty much open for the most part. There is a drop down menu for all of the released versions, latest experimental, and development(whatever that's for).

Would this work? I could download it to my local test server and then FTP a copy over to Bluefang?

Maybe TFP could setup a test server and invite some of us forum members over to stress it?

Willing to try anything to help if you can think of anything else.

Seems people hate playing on a server that is constantly getting reset while the admin (me), screws around with stuff.

But that's where all the fun is ... starting over again :D

Ok, maybe not as often as you might reset ;)

Would the clients need to run the new branch?

Nope, server side only. Compatible with everything there is, it's just to gather some server data.

There is a drop down menu for all of the released versions, latest experimental, and development(whatever that's for).

Would have to be a text entry to get other branches, as well as allowing to specify the branch password. Doubt they support that.

I could download it to my local test server and then FTP a copy over to Bluefang?

If you got *full* write access to the whole engine folder, yes. Again doubt they allow that as you could basically upload whatever program you want and run it on their servers in that case ;)

Maybe TFP could setup a test server and invite some of us forum members over to stress it?

That would indeed be an option that we actually didn't think of so far. Though getting data from an actual live server that's stressed with normal gameplay might be better. So I'd still prefer that option if anyone is willing to do that (given the above limitations in running on Windows and full access in terms of files) :)

Hi Alloc,

I might be able to help out if we don't have to start a new map or reset player profiles etc.

Our setup:

• Dedicated 7DTD on Windows 7 - We own the hardware and have physical access to it.
  • Get over 20 players daily - https://7daystodie-servers.com/server/12367/stats/
  • Running Smegzor's Botman which runs commands constantly and 7DSM server manager to start the server when the process stops (e.g daily scheduled shutdown). Also running Alloc server fixes and Coppi's mod.
  • Located in Asia-Pacific for NZ and AUS players.
  • Shows in the vanilla list due to no XML modifications

Edited by mythan (see edit history)

If you got *full* write access to the whole engine folder, yes. Again doubt they allow that as you could basically upload whatever program you want and run it on their servers in that case ;)

I asked Bluefang support and they say that I have full access. I tested and was able to copy over the Assembly-CSharp.dll without any issues.

Thanks Gups, but this one is really about higher populated ones :)

mythan got a PM, schwanz will get one in a few sec.

I asked Bluefang support and they say that I have full access. I tested and was able to copy over the Assembly-CSharp.dll without any issues.

It's about basically the whole server, not only a few DLLs. You can still try if you want. Really wonder though if they give you full access how many security issues they have per month ;)

Thanks Gups, but this one is really about higher populated ones :)

mythan got a PM, schwanz will get one in a few sec.

It's about basically the whole server, not only a few DLLs. You can still try if you want. Really wonder though if they give you full access how many security issues they have per month ;)

Hi Alloc, sent you a PM in error thinking it wasn't working. Should've ran the command from server console, not client console. The "profiling_2017-01-03_15-52-12_unity.xxxxx" files are now appearing in the base folder.

Will let you know when I've got a few ready.

I too can lend a hand if its to help large servers in the long run. I run the server on a Linux Dedicated. I deal with many issues that cause problems with large servers and would do about anything to help fix them.

We stay pretty populated https://7daystodie-servers.com/server/42572/stats/

Just read a bit farther. Noticed it was for Windows platform only. Should I ditch the linux rig for 7 days to die? It seems like supprt is a bit slim for the platform atm. Do you think 7 days will move to unity 5.4 fixing the current 16GB issue?

Edited by BeatKidz (see edit history)

I've been experiencing a relatively minor problem of late, with respect to the webmap using rev.299. My hostiles are forever at 7 and always the same 7 in terms of position on map, same thing for animals. Players (online & offline) and LCB seem to work fine. I have tried with Firefox and IE, same thing. This issue is only on my gaming PC at home, my PC at work works fine with Firefox. I have emptied temp files via Firefox Options, cleared Java cache, logged in/out, refreshed page, same issue. Where else might I try clearing a cache, or any other suggestions.

Thx!

Uh, no idea. Haven't heard of that before. Is it even the same locations after completely reloading the page or is it just like you get 7 locations when loading the page and those persist until you reload the page?

Sorry to ask such a question, but searched the forums, and also https://7dtd.illy.bz/wiki/ and could not find a current solution.

Is there a way to disable map rendering and the webserver portion of Allocs, or at least the +2 control panel port that serves up the live map?

Old method I believe was simply delete the Allocs_WebAndMapRendering folder from Mods, not sure if there is a more official method now.

Is there a way to disable map rendering and the webserver portion of Allocs, or at least the +2 control panel port that serves up the live map?

Webpanel only (including the WebAPIs): Delete the webserver subfolder of the mod. If you also want to disable the live rendering remove the whole mod WebAndMapRendering. There's nothing but these two things in it anyway ;)

You can always set the permissions so no one can view anything, eh?

But that would still keep the commands in the list (clutter), keep the server rendering the map tiles (disk space) and keep an additional port open (could be annoying for GSPs as well as being an unnecessary potential overhead when people access that port anyway) ;)

Uh, no idea. Haven't heard of that before. Is it even the same locations after completely reloading the page or is it just like you get 7 locations when loading the page and those persist until you reload the page?

Same positions, reloading page has no effect, closing/opening browser has no effect, restarting server has no effect. The same 7 hostiles appear in the same location, whether there are actually 1 hostiles or 50, webmap always shows same 7 in same position. Players and their positions all work fine. This is the 4th map I've run in A15 and the only time I've had this. I should also mention the server is running Valmod Overhaul. At this point, I would have to assume Valmod is the culprit as it is the onlt thing different from the previous 3 vanilla maps I've run with no issues. Not a big deal, just thought there might be a known fix. ;)

***UPDATE***

OK, think I fixed it. In firefox, there's a cache2 folder in C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\n1xua6ru.default\. I emptied the entries folder in there and all seems well.

Edited by Boa_2K7
Found Fix (see edit history)

Weird. Do you have a proxy or other cache in between your PC and the server? That's the only thing I could think of ... something caching the JSON data or at least telling your browser there's no changes to those "files".

Weird. Do you have a proxy or other cache in between your PC and the server? That's the only thing I could think of ... something caching the JSON data or at least telling your browser there's no changes to those "files".

Shouldn't be. Server and my PC are separate physical boxes getting internet from one modem but each gets it's own IP address from my ISP, have never had issues until now. Server connection is modem<->server NIC, PC connection is modem<->router<->PC NIC. I'm chalking it up to something specific to Firefox so far. As I mentioned previously, I did purge Firerfox's cache through it's Options menu, but it seems it keeps some other caches beyond that. Can confirm after ~24 hours it is still working after the aforementioned fix I found. Thanks Alloc!