Khelldon

About: This modlet adds new car horn sounds to all ingame vehicles

Sounds: All downloaded from http://soundbible.com/

- Bicycle: Bell sound by Anonymous

- MiniBike: Ahooga Horn by Anonymous

- Motorcycle: standard car horn by guitarguy1985

- Truck: Fire Truck Air horn by Daniel Simion

- Gyrocopter: dixie horn by Daniel Simion

Note: All sounds are included with this modlet, you don't need to download the sounds yourself, the links are only there to give credit to creators of the sounds I used.

About: This is a very simple modlet that adds nails to more of the wooden items in the game that 'should' have nails as part of their recipes.

Features:

- Adds nails to most wooden blocks recipes

- Adds Bent Nails into the game

- Adds Crowbar into the game

- Adds Boxes of Nails into the game

- Wood blocks require nails to repair when damaged

- Get nails from harvesting wood blocks. Use claw hammer or crowbar to get good nails, use anything else, get bent nails.

- Amount of nails found in loot doubled

- Straighten bent nails out via recipe

- Get nails out of boxes of nails via recipe (50 per box)

IMPORTANT: Please copy these few lines into your 7 Days To Die directory at the bottom of the text file: "/Data/Config/Localization.txt" in order for the new "Bent Nails" and "Crowbar" to have a proper name and description. You can open this file with any text editor.

resourceNailBent,items,Item,KgNone,Bent Nails,,Gebogene Nنgel,,,
resourceNailBentDesc,items,Item,KgNone,"You have some bent nails, you can probably straighten them out.",,"Du hast ein paar gebogene Nنgel, du kannst sie wahrscheinlich gerade biegen.",,,
khelldonCrowbar,items,Tool,KgNone,Crowbar,,Brechstange,,,
khelldonCrowbarDesc,items,Tool,KgNone,"Great for disassembling mechanical devices. Can take nails out of wooden blocks without damaging them. Can also be used to repair and upgrade walls.\nRepair with Forged Steel.",,"Ideal für die Demontage von mechanischen Gerنten. Kann Nنgel aus Holzblِcken entfernen, ohne sie zu beschنdigen. Kann auch zur Reparatur und Aufwertung von Wنnden verwendet werden.\nReparatur mit geschmiedetem Stahl.",,,
khelldonBoxNails,items,Item,KgNone,Box of Nails,,,,,
khelldonBoxNailsDesc,items,Item,KgNone,"A regular box nails. Open it up (with recipe) to get some nails.",,,,,

The modlet will function correctly without adding these lines, it just will not look nice :D Thank you @masel for the German translation.

About: This modlet adds nuts and bolts to many of the metal recipes. From attaching scrap frames together to making sure your pick axe head is attached properly nuts and bolts can do the job. This modlet is very similar to the "Get Nailed!" modlet just nuts and bolts for metal as nails are to wood.

Features:

- Adds nuts and bolts to most metal blocks, doors, objects recipes

- Some melee weapons and tools require 1 nut and bolt for assembly

- Metal blocks require nuts and bolts to repair when damaged

- Get nuts and bolts from harvesting metal blocks with a wrench or similar tool

- nuts and bolts found in loot

- create nuts and bolts in the forge recipe

IMPORTANT: Please copy these few lines into your 7 Days To Die directory at the bottom of the text file: "/Data/Config/Localization.txt" in order for the new item to have a proper name and description. You can open this file with any text editor.

khelldonNutsAndBolts,items,Item,KgNone,Nuts And Bolts,,,,,
khelldonNutsAndBoltsDesc,items,Item,KgNone,"Nuts and Bolts are needed in crafting metal objects",,,,,

The modlet will function correctly without adding these lines, it just will not look nice :D

About: This is a very simple modlet that requires you to nail wooden frames in place before they will stay. Otherwise they act like hay bales and can only be stacked vertically but will not attach horizontally. There must be something solid under the frames when you place them or they will fall and break.

Instructions: To add your own artwork to the main menu, just simply overwrite the file(s) in the "Images" folder with the image(s) of your choice. The files you pick MUST be in ".png" format. The names are self explanitory. logo.png for the logo, background.png for the background. You must name your images the same as this for them to take effect automatically.

Recommended Sizes: Background=1920x1080 and logo=1024x512. You can experiment with other sizes if you wish but I can't guarantee the results won't break the menu for you.

Advanced users: You can edit the xpath code to reflect your logo and background names.

IMPORTANT!! This mod does nothing on it's own because the example logo and background are the same as the default logo and background. This was done because this modlet is really more of a template for you to work with and I didn't want to confuse or annoy anyone who has installed all the mods at once. It is functioning, you just have to add new images.

Info: This simple modlet lets players start the game with a random set of gear. When starting a new game the player will receive a crate full of random equipment. The only item players receive that is not random is a mining helmet, cause everyone loves a mining helmet. I've tried to make this not to over powered and it's a matter of chance to how good the gear is. Feel free to edit in your own starting gear if you want. I was using this to fill with items i need for testing, vehicles and tools and weapons. So the sky is the limit. :)

Starting Items:

- 1 Mining Helmet

- 1 Melee Weapon

- 3 Tools

- 4 Clothes or Armor

- 2 Medicine

- 2 canned food

IMPORTANT: Please copy these few lines into your 7 Days To Die directory at the bottom of the text file: "/Data/Config/Localization.txt" in order for the new item to have a proper name and description. You can open this file with any text editor.

khelldonStarterCrate,blocks,Container,New,Starting Gear: Break This Open,,,,,
khelldonStarterCrateDesc,blocks,Container,New,"Your Starting gear. Place on the ground and break to open.",,,,,
khelldonStarterCrateOpen,blocks,Container,New,Starting Gear: Open This,,,,,

The modlet will function correctly without adding these lines, it just will not look nice :D

Note: There seems to be a problem with the way starter crates work and it gives double the loot. Let's hope this is fixed soon. :)

Info: This modlets adds rebar and hot rebar crossbow bolts to the game. Rebar bolts are very powerful but also very heavy and only really useful at close range.

Features:

- Craft rebar bolts in the forge

- heat up rebar in the campfire

- Hot rebar burns zombies on impact

- retrieve your rebar bolts from bodies and missed shots

khelldonRebarBolt,items,Ammo,EnChanged,Rebar Bolt (Ammo),,,,,
khelldonRebarBoltDesc,items,Ammo,KgNone,"Rebar Bolts are powerful but heavy, great at close ranges.",,,,,
khelldonRebarBoltHot,items,Ammo,EnChanged,Hot Rebar Bolt (Ammo),,,,,
khelldonRebarBoltHotDesc,items,Ammo,KgNone,"Hot Rebar bolts are the same as normal rebar bolts but light enemies on fire. How they stay hot and how you carry them is a mystery",,,,,

Issues: There are a few problems with these bolts.

#1: When changing ammo, the new ammo type will not take place until you fire the current bolt, even though it appears to reload the crossbow, this is just an animation and you still must fire off one bolt before the new ammo is loaded. Unsure what is causing this, if you know, please let me know.

#2: Non fatal console error about rigid bodies. I don't think this is a problem with this mod, however I first noticed it while testing this so I will list it. Sometimes an error will be written into the console when using the bolts. This does not interrupt the game and seems to have no negative effects. However, if you know what is causing it please let me know.

About: This modlet adds nuts and bolts to many of the metal recipes. From attaching scrap frames together to making sure your pick axe head is attached properly nuts and bolts can do the job. This modlet is very similar to the "Get Nailed!" modlet just nuts and bolts for metal as nails are to wood.

Features:

- Adds nuts and bolts to most metal blocks, doors, objects recipes

- Some melee weapons and tools require 1 nut and bolt for assembly

- Metal blocks require nuts and bolts to repair when damaged

- Get nuts and bolts from harvesting metal blocks with a wrench or similar tool

- nuts and bolts found in loot

- create nuts and bolts in the forge recipe

khelldonNutsAndBolts,items,Item,KgNone,Nuts And Bolts,,,,,
khelldonNutsAndBoltsDesc,items,Item,KgNone,"Nuts and Bolts are needed in crafting metal objects",,,,,

956440.gif

Hes posting them faster than we can type!

LOVE LOVE LOVE. I just made a screws mod based off your nails mod and now you gone and done made it useless with nuts and bolts. Like Kanye said Imma let you finish :D Great work.

956440.gif

Hes posting them faster than we can type!

LOVE LOVE LOVE. I just made a screws mod based off your nails mod and now you gone and done made it useless with nuts and bolts. Like Kanye said Imma let you finish :D Great work.

Haha can't keep a freshman down can we lol.. still 1 up on him got to make more. Dang it I am doing my prefab and got a few issues to resolve with my own mods lol.. damn you KHELLDON.... DAMN YOU lol.. where's da pause button

Info: This modlet adds around 100 new zombies into the game as well as giving the player the ability to choose to look like a zombie when they pick their character. These Zombies were created by the great modders over at Bad Company. They were ported to a17 by me and recoded to inherit the properties of the default zombies.

Features:

- Adds 100 New Zombies into the game

- Choose to look like a Zombie when creating character

Notes: I have prepared localization for these zombies but the game currently doesn't show zombies names so you DO NOT need to copy these lines. They are here in case things change and we can see zombies names again. If you would like to add these lines anyways, please copy these few lines into your 7 Days To Die directory at the bottom of the text file: "/Data/Config/Localization.txt" in order for the new item to have a proper name and description. You can open this file with any text editor.

The text needed for the zombies exceeds the character limit of this forum. Please Download Localization.

About: This is an advanced modlet that dynamically finds all recipes and changes them so that the workbench is required. I made it to replicate the need for tools and the time it takes to craft things. Now you must plan ahead before you leave the base and the days of crafting frames and arrows while you run around fighting and looting are over with this modlet. This mod will not change recipes that require other workstations. There are some exceptions to the rule of "everything needs a workbench", just the items that you could in fact craft with no tools.

Features:

- Makes the workbench a requirement for all crafting

- Destroy workbenches to pick them up

- Start the game with your workbench

- Still craftable in backpack: Bedroll, Campfire, First Aid Bandage, Workbench, Bone Shiv, Wood club, torch, molotov, and cloth.

IMPORTANT: This modlet will change the recipes of the vast majority of mods and modlets that add new recipes to the game as well as changing vanilla recipes. It should work with any modlet that doesn't alter the players starting gear or the workbench itself, that said, there is a compatibility issue with my "Starter Crate" mod. If you want to use these two mods together I've included instructions on how to easily achieve that in entityclasses.xml

Beginner Questline: Due to changing the recipes there can be issues with the crafting in the opening beginner quests. To make sure the quests complete, keep the workbench open while the required items craft.

P.S.= Cobblestone mod is next I promise. ;-)

The UMA Zombies modlet is very cool, but there are two minor issues...

1) There are now about 10 times as many zombies spawning in the open world (not part of wandering hordes or POIs). This isn't necessarily a bad thing, I got two levels just by killing randos for 30 minutes... But I'm guessing it's unintended.

2) The ragdoll physics of the UMA zombies is a bit off. You send them flying you're the Hulk on knock-down. I don't know if there's a "weight" that can be increased or not, and this isn't really a big issue, but it would be nicer to match the non-UMA zombies if possible.

1) There are now about 10 times as many zombies spawning in the open world (not part of wandering hordes or POIs). This isn't necessarily a bad thing, I got two levels just by killing randos for 30 minutes... But I'm guessing it's unintended.

2) The ragdoll physics of the UMA zombies is a bit off. You send them flying you're the Hulk on knock-down. I don't know if there's a "weight" that can be increased or not, and this isn't really a big issue, but it would be nicer to match the non-UMA zombies if possible.

That happened with me on vanilla with the zs going flying lol. And I was using a compound now lol

Pretty simple fix for the flying dead zeds

<entity_class name="badZombieUMA" extends="zombieTemplateMale">

<property name="ModelType" value="ZombieUMA"/>

<property name="AvatarController" value="AvatarZombieUMAController"/>

<property name="PhysicsBody" value="zombieUMA"/>

<property name="HasDeathAnim" value="false"/>

<property name="HasRagdoll" value="false"/>

</entity_class>

that last property HasRagdoll? add it to that part of the code in entityclasses.xml in that section only. no more ragdolling craziness ;)

I actually didn't increase the amount of zombies spawned just added to the variety. So I think you would've had the same result without this mod. For me I find I'm drawn to the new zombies, like i go out looking for them, something i wouldn't do with vanilla zombies. Maybe it was the same thing for you? And your second concern was just solved by Jax, so update and they won't go flying anymore. :D

Pretty simple fix for the flying dead zeds

<entity_class name="badZombieUMA" extends="zombieTemplateMale">

<property name="ModelType" value="ZombieUMA"/>

<property name="AvatarController" value="AvatarZombieUMAController"/>

<property name="PhysicsBody" value="zombieUMA"/>

<property name="HasDeathAnim" value="false"/>

<property name="HasRagdoll" value="false"/>

</entity_class>

that last property HasRagdoll? add it to that part of the code in entityclasses.xml in that section only. no more ragdolling craziness ;)

hey awesome! Thank you so much for fixing that. Commented in credit to you. Updated. :D

As requested by Guppycur, here is:

About: This is a very simple modlet that adds Mortar into the game. Mortar is used in the creation and repair of flagstone and cobblestone blocks. Real mortar is made using 3 parts sand to 1 part concrete mix and requires water. My recipe is the same but instead of using concrete, as it would make flagstone pointless I subbed in 1 part cobblestones. Each flagstone block recipe requires 1 batch of Mortar in addition to the cobblestones.

Features:

- Adds Mortar into the game

- Flagstone recipes require mortar

- Mortar required to repair flagstone and cobblestone blocks

khelldonMortar,items,Item,KgNone,Mortar,,,,,
khelldonMortarDesc,items,Item,KgNone,"Mortar is used in the construction of flagstone and cobblestone blocks ",,,,,

Thank you Guppycur for a great request.

Archived