Molotov throwing mechanic is bad

taxi driver

I wanna throw it under me, i cant. I change the angle up and down, still cant. Then suddenly i can, but burn myself to death. Why cant i throw a molotov lilke i used to? What is the idea behind that or is it bugged?

I literally stopped playing the game now as i burned myself to death two times in a row on night 14 because i never know when i throw that thing or when not.

Please change it as the molly is an important tool for early hordes as the game is now.

I would LOVE to be able to use these effectively.

7DTD has one of the most AWKWARD systems for throwing stuff I've seen since the 90's!

Come on TFP!

I love 7DTD and am a huge supporter. Even love A17!

This mechanic is outdated and worse, was broken even when you thought you had it working.

To put it bluntly.....

Here is what throwing a molotov in 7DTD looks like.

dsbriU6.gif

It's especially hard and inconsistent to throw them through narrow gaps. I've had several situations where I did not move an inch, neither on the horizontal plane, nor with my field of view and would get very different outcomes from throw to throw at same intensity (bar filled up). Some went thru the gap, some went to burn me alive.

It's especially hard and inconsistent to throw them through narrow gaps. I've had several situations where I did not move an inch, neither on the horizontal plane, nor with my field of view and would get very different outcomes from throw to throw at same intensity (bar filled up). Some went thru the gap, some went to burn me alive.

Yeah I think you hit the nail on the head.

Even if we're being careful, it seems like we can get burned anyway.

It's inconsistent and it's awkward.

The Burn Victim Zombies are simply former players who threw Molotovs

Haha I love that one!

And yes, I fully agree and glad it wasn't just me who set myself on fire repeatedly as I was trying to be smart and throw molotovs on groups of zombies.

Here's me doing that trying to showcase how you make effective use of molotovs in my base build -->

And yeah. I died. It feels like it breaks in weird places, and you can't throw it properly, and the flame spreads in a not logical way :p

The Burn Victim Zombies are simply former players who threw Molotovs

Lol, too funny.

I can't think of any game I've played where Molotov's haven't burned me half the time (or more). I always find it frustrating that you can't just simply drop a Molotov on an enemy below you. You always have to throw it which makes hitting targets below you extremely difficult, if not impossible.

Hopefully 7DTD will become the first game to correct that....

I made a modlet a bit ago that made a turret that fires darts for ammo.

I modded that modlet to use molotovs as ammo, and the turret did fire them, but there was no fire explosion, the turret acted like it was firing a regular 9mm bullet.

I feel that getting the molotov turret to work could open up other possibilities. How about a small pebble turret that distracts zombies? Or a dynamite turret, or a turret that fires zombie goo. But really, only two words come to mind:

POTATO CANNON!

Potatos could stun and slow down zombies.

Anyways, I'll keep tinkering, maybe I'll get lucky.

- P

If I were a zombie and was downed by a potato, i'd never run back to my horde and share the story... Would be too ashamed how i went down lol.

I hope this is on the TO DO list for TFP, as repairing this mechanic could serve a bigger purpose. Not only Molotovs, Pipe Bombs and Dynamite, you could introduce far more thrown weapons and tools. Perhaps even make it so the Right Click would simply "let go" of the throwable in front of you as it falls down (good when you want to simply throw down where you are, without aiming).

Imagine digging down a hole to throw a dynamite stick into it and run off before it blows... Or perhaps some new defensive throwable like tacks, which slow down the zombies when they run over them - a quick alternative for when you have a group running after you.

Archived