how i fixed my graphics lag in alpha 17

Vomkat

It was so annoying, I'd move my mouse, and there would be a delay before my view changed... I knew it was the graphics, it had to be the graphics... I wonder what this "look sensitivity" option does... :rapture:

Eh, nevermind, it's still there - i just move my mouse shorter distances, but same delay :bi_polo:

Ive been turning various options on and off, it appears that tree quality is the primary problem. When tree quality increases, then performance drops. Also SSAD (what is that?) and sun shafts are not helpful. Oh, lol, and zombies definitely cause lag. It's weird, I can hear my fist punch or club hit before it actually moves on the screen.

Tree Quality definitely has a very high impact now. I know they made changes to make them look better, but performance is really suffering as a result.

What's strange is how buildings seem to absolutely destroy my performance. I can be running 60+ fps consistently, then get one foot into a building and have 26fps. I know they're looking for game-breaking bugs right now, but honestly the performance degradation is the single biggest problem for me.

I've had to step back from medium-high settings to finger-painting quality, and I'm still getting terrible frames indoors. I really hope this can be resolved.

Yah, I haven't been able to play the experimental at all. The lag just makes me seasick, I can't get rid of it without dropping graphics so low that the game just looks way worse than a16, even then I'm not sure it will go away. I assume its an optimization issue that will be addressed later before the actual a17 is released. I approached a building just now. At first I could see the sleepers, but then a bunch of boxes and stuff spawned in and blocked my view, and then all the sudden there were vultures and just awful lag.

Like I said, I assume its an optimization issue, so hopefully it will get cleaned up.

Tree Quality definitely has a very high impact now. I know they made changes to make them look better, but performance is really suffering as a result.

What's strange is how buildings seem to absolutely destroy my performance. I can be running 60+ fps consistently, then get one foot into a building and have 26fps. I know they're looking for game-breaking bugs right now, but honestly the performance degradation is the single biggest problem for me.

I've had to step back from medium-high settings to finger-painting quality, and I'm still getting terrible frames indoors. I really hope this can be resolved.

While they clean up code and fix bugs performance will increase, garbage collection is one of the main causes of FPS drops from what I understand. This will all be fixed in time, like the sleeper code was just cleaned up.

I have the same problem my fps are up around 60+ when outside but as soon as i step close to a building or go inside they drop down to 20fps. I have already had to drop my res down which sucks on a widescreen, most of my settings are on low or off still doesn't seem to help. I hope this gets fixed soon as i am having a blast playing Alpha17

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived