Do u miss the eye detector?

SickPuppy

I've always wondered how it would play without the big eye detector in the middle of the screen, giving us the early notification we've been spotted did feel a bit like a cheat, somehow knowing you've been spotted that's not in your vision.

Surprised I don't miss it that much, I'm a lot more aware of my surroundings now though, the new stealth bar works well although taking your eye away from the middle of screen can be quite dangerous at times. It's not so bad out doors where you have room to maneuver but indoors, u get jumped on, stunned, it's bedroll time.

Don't really miss it. I like the new concept way better, and I hope to see it improved further.

The previous eye detector was a bit of a cheat. Knowing when you're being hunted at all times from all distances, as if some sort of 6th sense, didn't make things too interesting. Now I'm actually getting jumped by zombies, which is great.

Emphatically NO!.

It was a magic indicator you were seen or heard that was unrealistic and silly. Were we somehow psychically linked to the zeds to know they detected us and thus could not give us scary moments where because we were not paying attention they snuck up?

It is not hard to use the bar which gives a good indication of how stealthy one is being and the regularly looking around to stay aware of surroundings and what may be approaching.

This new system, you have an idea of how stealthy you think you are being, but not if you've been seen or heard. Far more realistic.

Tbh I got so used to it in A16 I played quite reckless knowing I had that early warning.

Agree it's more realistic now, it's basically suicide not to keep checking your back or do a quick 360. I haven't died this much since I first started playing.

That crouch though, half the time I don't know if I'm up or down, it's more like a squat.

Emphatically NO!.

It was a magic indicator you were seen or heard that was unrealistic and silly. Were we somehow psychically linked to the zeds to know they detected us and thus could not give us scary moments where because we were not paying attention they snuck up?

I mean, isn't that what they have? Make a noise and a bunch of them GPS right for you out of nowhere. Apparently they are psychically linked to us and know exactly where we are at all times.

And they don't make noise to let us know they're spawning in right behind us.

I mean, isn't that what they have? Make a noise and a bunch of them GPS right for you out of nowhere. Apparently they are psychically linked to us and know exactly where we are at all times.

And they don't make noise to let us know they're spawning in right behind us.

+1

If they want to make the UI less obvious about being hunted, then it would behoove them to fix sounds so we can at least hear zombies creeping up behind us.

That crouch though, half the time I don't know if I'm up or down, it's more like a squat.

This. Its like still standing but hunching your shoulders. Doesnt feel like ive adopted a crouched position at all.

going into debug and looking at the 3rd person veiw, your character sort of just leans forward slightly if theyre weilding the bow,

Archived