What are 2 things you like and 2 things that you dislike about A17?

TotallyNotABot

My favorite additions

1. More vehicles

2. Fixed zombie AI

My least favorite additions

1. The new combat. I think the combat could be easily improved if they just had a more skyrim styled melee combat. Skyrim's melee system is simple and fun, add in the ability to shove and you're golden for a zombie game. Currently it's the same as it was, but with a very slow heavy attack and they removed running backwards.

2. Zombies are no longer harvest-able

(Yes yes I know we haven’t played the update yet, I’m just talking about your opinions so far from what you’ve seen.)

Edit: changed least favorite additions

+Lighting (especially on zombies). I particularly like the higher contrast/higher brightness/less vibrant look of the daytime outside at noon. It looks more realistic to me.

+You can reclaim arrows

-Combat is appalling. I can't believe MM said in his A17 video that it was better than it's ever been.

-Extremely rare chance for zombie loot, and no harvesting.

If you ask me, the devs have changed direction with this game. It use to be a casual crafting survival zombie horror game, but now it is turning into some Fallout/DayZ/Rust game that happens to be voxel based. This isn't the game I payed for back in 2013. I know games can change mechanics during an alpha, but this one pretty much changed genres. At this point, I want my money back and I would rather wait 'till the final release in 2030 to decide whether or not to buy the game. After that A17 video, I have lost all hype for this game. It's been over a year since A16 was released, and THIS is what they did in that time?

+ No gore blocks and less zombie loot

+ The new health/stamina system

- Dungeon POIs and Bosses

- Digging Zombies

Given the opinions commonly (and rather vehemently) expressed by others recently, I'm pretty sure that this particular set of likes and dislikes makes me someone's evil twin.

Own up - who are you? Who has exactly the opposite preferences to me?

My favorite additions

1. More vehicals

2. Fixed zombie AI

My least favorite additions

1. Health and stamina bar change.

2. Zombies are no longer lootable nor are you able to harvest them.

(Yes yes I know we haven’t played the update yet, I’m just talking about your opinions so far from what you’ve seen.)

2 Favorite adds that I know of:

1. Zombie AI (long long long past over due) edit: Just for A Nice Cup of Tea .. and the zed diggers :p
  2. Potential Modding capabilities (from what I understand so far).

2 least favorite additions that I know of: *Least, doesn't mean I hate them. They are just eh' I could take or leave them..

1. Vehicles *yeah, yeah,. It's my opinion though. :p
  2. (undecided yet)

+ No gore blocks and less zombie loot

+ The new health/stamina system

- Dungeon POIs and Bosses

- Digging Zombies

Given the opinions commonly (and rather vehemently) expressed by others recently, I'm pretty sure that this particular set of likes and dislikes makes me someone's evil twin.

Own up - who are you? Who has exactly the opposite preferences to me?

I agree with you except I like the Digging zombies as well. Frankly, I love that we are gonna get digging zombies. My primary concern is just POI-related (Dungeons, bosses, sleepers, etc). I do not like the sleeper system as it is, and I do not want an abundance of dungeons..Dungeons should be a minority occurrence not something in virtually every other POI. Bosses - i'm kinda meh about..If done right I suppose they could be ok. Dungeons + Bosses are something best used for a quest system.

I often play in without Zombie loot on my server and when I first suggested it to people who played on it - they were very apprehensive about it. But even after a couple hours it was unanimous that it was better that way. You don't get so overpowered so quickly and it's more enjoyable to not think of zombies as walking loot containers. It gets ridiculous on horde nights especially, as you just get saturated with loot and it unbalances the game to the point where you're at end-game way too fast.

I agree with you except I like the Digging zombies as well. Frankly, I love that we are gonna get digging zombies. My primary concern is just POI-related (Dungeons, bosses, sleepers, etc). I do not like the sleeper system as it is, and I do not want an abundance of dungeons..Dungeons should be a minority occurrence not something in virtually every other POI. Bosses - i'm kinda meh about..If done right I suppose they could be ok. Dungeons + Bosses are something best used for a quest system.

I often play in without Zombie loot on my server and when I first suggested it to people who played on it - they were very apprehensive about it. But even after a couple hours it was unanimous that it was better that way. You don't get so overpowered so quickly and it's more enjoyable to not think of zombies as walking loot containers. It gets ridiculous on horde nights especially, as you just get saturated with loot and it unbalances the game to the point where you're at end-game way too fast.

Never thought of it that way, actually that sounds pretty convincing. I still wish we could keep the gore blocks however. Actually I want the OLD gore blocks back, where zombies would literaly pile up on each others corpses and make a path over moats and such.

2 Favorite adds that I know of:

1. Zombie AI (long long long past over due) edit: Just for A Nice Cup of Tea .. and the zed diggers :p
  2. Potential Modding capabilities (from what I understand so far).

2 least favorite additions that I know of: *Least, doesn't mean I hate them. They are just eh' I could take or leave them..

1. Vehicles *yeah, yeah,. It's my opinion though. :p
  2. (undecided yet)

Aww what?! You don't like vehicles? How come?

Dislike

1. Waiting well over a year for not that much

2. Unneeded changes to health and stam

1. Retrieving arrows

2. Watching MM play

Yup. I know why it took a year, and why we didn't see much new stuff added, but that doesn't mean most of use aren't extremely disappointed about it.

Aww what?! You don't like vehicles? How come?

Introduction of vehicles are just going to make the world seem smaller, like the minibike did.

(I know it'll happen and somebody will get weird. So here's my disclaimer xD)

Disclaimer: I'm NOT advocating for Vehicles to be removed..:horn::playful:

1. The new vehicles. I think it will make Nomad plan a lot more interesting

2. Simplified weapons with attachments

Dislike

1. Digging zombies. I dread what they are going to do to the landscape but will wait and see how they work.

2. More dungeon-crawl style POIs. After the fourth or fifth trip through either of the towers in A16, it just became part of the grind.

Never thought of it that way, actually that sounds pretty convincing. I still wish we could keep the gore blocks however. Actually I want the OLD gore blocks back, where zombies would literaly pile up on each others corpses and make a path over moats and such.

I was able to mod gore blocks back in just today. I hope that capability remains since my favorites list is:

1) New modding capabilities

2) Zombie loot reduction/Sticky Arrows (it's a tie)

My least favorites:

1) The, for lack of better words, necro- and copro-philia built into the game, seriously, what gives with the recipes and stuff that involve nasty infectious stuff that comes out of living and undead bodies and having to root around in dead bodies and toilets. I mean people are concerned about lowered Zombie loot at least in part because of the lack of bones, fat and rotten meat that the Zombies drop, no way should anyone be touching that stuff after a Z-plague, it's crazy. I will admit this isn't just an A17 thing, but it appears to be likely in A17 and I was hoping it would go away (and YES, I do mod it out in my own mods, but I like playing with others and would think it should be the baseline that people DON'T play with human turds and zombie parts).

2) Potentially too many Dungeon POIs. I'm good with a few being that way, but I hope they are few and far between

1. The new vehicles. I think it will make Nomad plan a lot more interesting

2. Simplified weapons with attachments

Dislike

1. Digging zombies. I dread what they are going to do to the landscape but will wait and see how they work.

2. More dungeon-crawl style POIs. After the fourth or fifth trip through either of the towers in A16, it just became part of the grind.

MM said zombies will only dig a path to a player. They shouldn't dig for no reason like they used to.

Introduction of vehicles are just going to make the world seem smaller, like the minibike did.

Disclaimer: I'm NOT advocating for Vehicles to be removed..:horn::playful:

Well that's understandable. However I find it likely that both navezgane and random gen will be increased in size in the future. Random gen already got increased from 5x5km to 8x8km. So we have that to look forward to :)

2) Potentially too many Dungeon POIs. I'm good with a few being that way, but I hope they are few and far between

I don't mind them as long as I don't get many repeats. However I would prefer to see a nice mix of dungeon type POIs and abandoned houses.

I mean not EVERYBODY would try to turn their house into a fort at first sign of a zombie apocalypse. Most would run for the hills, leaving there houses vacant.

1) The, for lack of better words, necro- and copro-philia built into the game, seriously, what gives with the recipes and stuff that involve nasty infectious stuff that comes out of living and undead bodies and having to root around in dead bodies and toilets. I mean people are concerned about lowered Zombie loot at least in part because of the lack of bones, fat and rotten meat that the Zombies drop, no way should anyone be touching that stuff after a Z-plague, it's crazy. I will admit this isn't just an A17 thing, but it appears to be likely in A17 and I was hoping it would go away (and YES, I do mod it out in my own mods, but I like playing with others and would think it should be the baseline that people DON'T play with human turds and zombie parts).

For the love of God, I hope you're kidding.

+ modding options (I hope they are anywhere near as great as anounced)

+ graphics / prefab design

- removal of gore blocks (if they can't be modded back in)

- removal of backpedaling sprinting (if it can't be modded back in)

If it can be modded back, I see nothing to dislike so far.

For the love of God, I hope you're kidding.

What part do you hope I'm kidding about?

I'm kidding a bit (via a bit of hyperbole) by calling it necrophilia and coprophilia because those suggest a level of behavior that the game doesn't actually reach, but it's literally a game with loot lists and recipes consisting of random human feces and parts of undead corpses in regular usage. There most certainly are people in the A17 feedback thread concerned about the lack of that loot dropping now that Zs loot appears to be nerfed (I like the idea of that nerf, to be clear). While you can work around the Z sources and there are alternatives to not using random human poo on your garden to grow foodstuffs, it bugs the crap out of me they are even options. Yes, I can and do mod them out for my play, but I don't think the thing that makes this game great is that it lets you play with random human poo, zombie bones, and undead fat.

I'm not claiming the game is going to fail, the sky is falling, or anything else if it isn't changed, but I think it's REALLY strange this stuff is in the game. Unless it's a joke from early alphas I missed. In which case it would be nice if someone would let me in on the joke.

What part do you hope I'm kidding about?

I'm kidding a bit (via a bit of hyperbole) by calling it necrophilia and coprophilia because those suggest a level of behavior that the game doesn't actually reach, but it's literally a game with loot lists and recipes consisting of random human feces and parts of undead corpses in regular usage. There most certainly are people in the A17 feedback thread concerned about the lack of that loot dropping now that Zs loot appears to be nerfed (I like the idea of that nerf, to be clear). While you can work around the Z sources and there are alternatives to not using random human poo on your garden to grow foodstuffs, it bugs the crap out of me they are even options. Yes, I can and do mod them out for my play, but I don't think the thing that makes this game great is that it lets you play with random human poo, zombie bones, and undead fat.

I'm not claiming the game is going to fail, the sky is falling, or anything else if it isn't changed, but I think it's REALLY strange this stuff is in the game. Unless it's a joke from early alphas I missed. In which case it would be nice if someone would let me in on the joke.

It's a game about a zombie apocalypse. The world is ending, and there are corpses that eat people walking around. Rotten meat and gore is just part of the mood and theme of the game, there's no way around it. Even so, the actual amount of recipies that use these items is minimal; mainly for fertilizer, which makes sense and I don't see why it wouldn't be an option in such a scenario, and not much else to be perfectly honest.

Even if there were more recipies that used these items, I don't know why it would be weird in a zombie themed game or why it wouldn't fit. If anything, this game is quite mild in these aspects compared to other zombie based games.

Even if there were more recipies that used these items, I don't know why it would be weird in a zombie themed game or why it wouldn't fit. If anything, this game is quite mild in these aspects compared to other zombie based games.

I'm more of a consumer of zombie books, comics, and films than zombie games. But in virtually all of the other media, some level of hygeine as it relates to zombies parts and potentially infected humans is very much the norm*. I'm not sure why this game or others would want to go about subverting that norm. Again, not predicting or wishing doom and gloom. I love this game and if I have to work around such oddities I can (via modding or just not using those items when playing on servers and other mods).

*Night soils are indeed used in places in the real world, but I grew up on a farm, we used animal waste, not human waste, to fertilize our fields. I'd rather see "manure" piles of animal waste in the game than "human turds."

I'm more of a consumer of zombie books, comics, and films than zombie games. But in virtually all of the other media, some level of hygeine as it relates to zombies parts and potentially infected humans is very much the norm*. I'm not sure why this game or others would want to go about subverting that norm. Again, not predicting or wishing doom and gloom. I love this game and if I have to work around such oddities I can (via modding or just not using those items when playing on servers and other mods).

Well, in dire need you have to do what you have to do to survive. It's true that in real life, the risk of infection would be huge, but it would be annoying to induce the infected buff every time we harvested corpses. Still, it's mainly about appealing the theme of the game. In The Walking Dead, the survivors take the flesh of the zombies apart and smear it all over their bodies to go undetected, it's just common to see such things in zombie related media.

*Night soils are indeed used in places in the real world, but I grew up on a farm, we used animal waste, not human waste, to fertilize our fields. I'd rather see "manure" piles of animal waste in the game than "human turds."

I mean, it's poop in the end. I guess I can agree that if it were animal poop it would feel less weird, but it's still not far fetched, and at least we players know exactly where to find it since it's human. Having to look for animal manure on the ground would be a bit more of a chore, imo.

Can't really say what i like and dislike about A17 before i played it. So this "list" is based

on forum and watching youtube :crushed:

Inventory slots that remember what used to be in them.

Dislike: Sleeper zombies respawn unless POI is cleared.

Guns still way to weak compared to their disadvantages (noise and ammo).

I don't mind them as long as I don't get many repeats. However I would prefer to see a nice mix of dungeon type POIs and abandoned houses.

I mean not EVERYBODY would try to turn their house into a fort at first sign of a zombie apocalypse. Most would run for the hills, leaving there houses vacant.

Then that makes you wonder why every house has all the doors locked and such, even inner doors that most people wouldn't even have a lock on like to a bedroom and such. I know its to slow the player down for looting, but its still akward.

Well, in dire need you have to do what you have to do to survive. It's true that in real life, the risk of infection would be huge, but it would be annoying to induce the infected buff every time we harvested corpses. Still, it's mainly about appealing the theme of the game. In The Walking Dead, the survivors take the flesh of the zombies apart and smear it all over their bodies to go undetected, it's just common to see such things in zombie related media.

I mean, it's poop in the end. I guess I can agree that if it were animal poop it would feel less weird, but it's still not far fetched, and at least we players know exactly where to find it since it's human. Having to look for animal manure on the ground would be a bit more of a chore, imo.

In the walking dead though everyone is already infected as its airborne if I remember right. When they get bit the active virus from the saliva of the zombies activates the virus already in them and it turns them slowly. I guess the saliva needs to hit their blood directly, putting zombie blood on their skin doesn't seem to activate the virus, as long as they don't have a open wound anyway. If it did, the series would have been over in season 1, as they get lots of zombie blood on themselves.

Can't really say what i like and dislike about A17 before i played it. So this "list" is based

on forum and watching youtube :crushed:

Inventory slots that remember what used to be in them.

Dislike: Sleeper zombies respawn unless POI is cleared.

Guns still way to weak compared to their disadvantages (noise and ammo).

Most guns have always been way to weak, its why I usually main the crossbow. Only guns that feel they do the damage they should are the hunting rifle and sniper rifle. I'd say though the pistol might be the best gun overall due to how cheap ammo is to make and it has that dismember perk, its also quiet. Shotguns have it too, and might be best for it as I assume the chance is per pellet.

Archived