Alpha 17 and PVP mode

NeferPitou

as every one know PVP community in 7D2D is growing everyday because it has such a charm to not have just 1 threat but 2 zombies and players a16 was just a good update for PVP because it has so much things cool to do with PVP like electricity system

but i wasn t happy with the zombie AI movements

A17 in the other hand having a lot of cool stuff as well like motion cap that we seen players now moves so good with no lagging of stuttering i still don t know about the guns and the health and stamina bar but it looks good i was hoping that A17 will come up with something so important which it updating the view distance like you can see POI from KM away but the bases like max 100 M which is really bad if you think about it i was hoping that A17 will bring some new guns or may be hire some people from MODDING community because my god there is a lot or guns there ...something that i don t know about is the bikes and the cars if they are going to effect the server performance because there is some servers have no bikes because they can be buggy and laggy af ive seen the video where jeol said the bikes are fixed so i hope that can bring the bikes or even the jeep in high players count servers a17 took a lot of time but let look at the bright side it s close as some youtubers said MID september i wish that it will not take that much time in experm version because joel video didn t have that much bugs tbh some guns glitches and bow bug

let me know what you though of a17 and PVP

thanks

Drastic reduction in gun damage vs players would be really important to me as a PvP player. One-shotting someone, or loading them full of 7.62 from an AK-47 before they even know you're there is so lame. From both an attacker and a victim's perspective. Being able to react is an important fun part of PvP, and right now there isn't enough time to react in most scenarios. Drastically increasing the sound radii and miscellaneous player sounds would help a lot so players could recognize that other players are within 500m or 1km of their position. Early and mid game battles are the best, with a roughly thrown together toolset like a landmine, a crossbow, maybe a pistol or a hunting rifle at most. Once it progresses to full purple iron armor and AK-47s I just hate it lmao. I don't think we need more guns at all. Most PvP happens at very long intervals and it's entirely too explosive. Like you won't see someone for 60 hours and then boom some guy with a 600 qual ak-47 was crouching in a corner so you're dead and you lose several days of work just like that. The AK-47 was the worst addition to the game from a PvP perspective because it's just too strong. The sniper was already too strong but at least it was rare, now snipers feel like they're literally everywhere and everyone is capable of one-shotting anyone else within the first few hours.

I've always wanted increased view distance. Is it going to happen? Probably not :(

it s gonna help but not that much

- - - Updated - - -

Drastic reduction in gun damage vs players would be really important to me as a PvP player. One-shotting someone, or loading them full of 7.62 from an AK-47 before they even know you're there is so lame. From both an attacker and a victim's perspective. Being able to react is an important fun part of PvP, and right now there isn't enough time to react in most scenarios. Drastically increasing the sound radii and miscellaneous player sounds would help a lot so players could recognize that other players are within 500m or 1km of their position. Early and mid game battles are the best, with a roughly thrown together toolset like a landmine, a crossbow, maybe a pistol or a hunting rifle at most. Once it progresses to full purple iron armor and AK-47s I just hate it lmao. I don't think we need more guns at all. Most PvP happens at very long intervals and it's entirely too explosive. Like you won't see someone for 60 hours and then boom some guy with a 600 qual ak-47 was crouching in a corner so you're dead and you lose several days of work just like that. The AK-47 was the worst addition to the game from a PvP perspective because it's just too strong. The sniper was already too strong but at least it was rare, now snipers feel like they're literally everywhere and everyone is capable of one-shotting anyone else within the first few hours.

yeah i was hoping an increase of sound shooring like PUBG or RUST you can hear a sniper shot from 1 km or at least 500 M like real ife

- - - Updated - - -

Not gonna happen before the game is ready. It´s meant to be PvE mainly. PvP is basically just a small extra. Afaik there are plans for a seperate PvP mode once the game is released. Needs it own balance like eido said already.

i know that but what is the harm if there is people like me don t play PVE and play PVP i found it more fun i respect your choice but you should respect mine

- - - Updated - - -

I think the hunting rifle may become the sniper with mods, or something like that.

in a server i am playing in hunting rifle can be a sniper aswell

- - - Updated - - -

they dont need hire modders to make guns. they just dont want add more guns. i know its boring to have just different 5 guns. i wonder if sniper is still in the game or it was removed in a17

i meant they can use there creativity and use it in game and the sniper is staying there is no reason to remove it and if they did then we left with 4 guns LMAO

Nefer when did you start playing? Back in A12 and earlier the sound radii was huge. You could hear a forge forging metal from 2,000m, an auger from 3,000 meters, someone chopping a tree from 1,000m. It was actually REALLY fun. They nerfed it in A13 and I've been bitching ever since.

as every one know PVP community in 7D2D is growing everyday....

So its at 5% now instead of 3%? I remember a thread a while ago where everyone was claiming the PvP community was larger than we thought, but when actual numbers were presented, it was extraordinarily small.

Why try to make the game something it isn't?

So its at 5% now instead of 3%? I remember a thread a while ago where everyone was claiming the PvP community was larger than we thought, but when actual numbers were presented, it was extraordinarily small.

Why try to make the game something it isn't?

it s acualy good amount of server are now PVP and full all the time so people are doanting so they won t be in queue

- - - Updated - - -

Nefer when did you start playing? Back in A12 and earlier the sound radii was huge. You could hear a forge forging metal from 2,000m, an auger from 3,000 meters, someone chopping a tree from 1,000m. It was actually REALLY fun. They nerfed it in A13 and I've been bitching ever since.

i get why they nerfed it but not that much

@NeferPitou

wtf? how did i disrespect you? I just said that you will have to wait for PvP balance, not that it is wrong to play PvP or you shouldn´t do it. It is a fact that PvP is not the main focus TFP has right now. Some people...

yeah sorry my english is not great and respect was wrong word

With the skill system and RNG loot, this will never be a PvP game. The best option for the devs would be to make every player-placed block essentially an LCB with indestructibility and remove damage to other players entirely, including from player-placed traps and explosives. Destroying the balance of the game to accommodate CoD players is not a great idea.

Where are the numbers?

They were in one of the long-winded PvP discussion threads a couple of months ago. I can go try to find them at some point if I can get a free minute.

Someone basically went and tracked the % of servers with "PvP" in the description and average number of active players over the course of a weekend. It wan't just a one-off look at the server list.

With the way the game is designed though, you have a few real hindrances for PvP.

First is that the longer a server is up, the less chance there is for new players.

Second is the level and skill progress. This isn't an FPS where everyone joins with a similar load-out and level no matter when they join in.

Third is again longevity. The longer a player is on a server, the more time they have to build an easily defendable base.

Fourth is game mechanics. They aren't designed to support PvP play. Networking also needs a lot of overhaul to support it properly.

It's been stated that they may work on some balance for PvP playstyle after the game is done. It's also been stated that the point of the game is not PvP. It's to be played Co-op because you will need to work together to survive. I've quoted madmole on this several times.

It's also been stated that the point of the game is not PvP. It's to be played Co-op because you will need to work together to survive. I've quoted madmole on this several times.

Does customer input not matter? Why should madmole get to decide whether the point of the game is PVP or Co-op? *whistles*

They were in one of the long-winded PvP discussion threads a couple of months ago. I can go try to find them at some point if I can get a free minute.

Someone basically went and tracked the % of servers with "PvP" in the description and average number of active players over the course of a weekend. It wan't just a one-off look at the server list.

With the way the game is designed though, you have a few real hindrances for PvP.

First is that the longer a server is up, the less chance there is for new players.

Second is the level and skill progress. This isn't an FPS where everyone joins with a similar load-out and level no matter when they join in.

Third is again longevity. The longer a player is on a server, the more time they have to build an easily defendable base.

Fourth is game mechanics. They aren't designed to support PvP play. Networking also needs a lot of overhaul to support it properly.

It's been stated that they may work on some balance for PvP playstyle after the game is done. It's also been stated that the point of the game is not PvP. It's to be played Co-op because you will need to work together to survive. I've quoted madmole on this several times.

I understand your point... however pvp games with similar dynamics for progression and base building exists and they are even more successful than 7days.

Please guys, don't misunderstand my reply. I think that 7days should be mainly coop.

And yet they added PvP steam achievments. And now wonder when the PvP´lers come along all the time demanding things...

Working together to survive is a complete joke. The zombies are a non-issue basically after you've crafted your first wooden club. PvPers like the danger of another human, and it makes the whole dynamic of the game more exciting. It makes base building even more interesting and people who like elaborate base planning, traps, decoys, raiding, detective work, reverse-engineering, and figuring out ways to exploit others' constructions have a blast in PvP even if the game doesn't properly support it.

Working together to survive is a complete joke. The zombies are a non-issue basically after you've crafted your first wooden club. PvPers like the danger of another human, and it makes the whole dynamic of the game more exciting. It makes base building even more interesting and people who like elaborate base planning, traps, decoys, raiding, detective work, reverse-engineering, and figuring out ways to exploit others' constructions have a blast in PvP even if the game doesn't properly support it.

yeah true PVP is such a good part of the game and i think TFP should think about caring more for PVP players

Does customer input not matter? Why should madmole get to decide whether the point of the game is PVP or Co-op? *whistles*

How the developer wants the game to be is what should take precedence. Since Rick and Joel are the owners of The Fun Pimps, and this game is their baby, they've got majority vote over anyone else.

And yet they added PvP steam achievments. And now wonder when the PvP´lers come along all the time demanding things...

Yeah, this never made any sense to me at all given the developers stance on the subject. I think Steam or the console development that was in progress may have had something to do with it.

Afaik the steam achievments are done by the developers usually. Steam has nothing to do with them. (well, valve games are ofc a different story)

why they would add pvp achievments due to the console?

Could you earn the right to create achievments as a backer? some games do that and it can lead to strange achievments sometimes.

Archived