Alpha 17 and PVP mode

NeferPitou

...y'all should know that the people on my discord find it hilarious that the PvP group gets along so poorly that their own thread is imploding on itself...

C'mon, most of you are better than this, get a grip. =)

If they were better than this, would they be shooting each other?

I'd like to see PvP values when A18 drops and not at some random point in the patch lifecycle. I think PvP is most alive in the first month after a patch drop. Also, I'd like to see documentation on how "live data over the weekend" is calculated. I'm guessing whoever collected the data didn't do extremely thorough research regarding the ruleset of every server with active players. If you just look at servers with PvP in the title and assume everything else is PvE, you could seriously underrepresent the PvP community. A lot of servers claim to be neither PvE nor PvP but function with free for all rules. Likewise, some are definitely PvP and some are definitely PvE. I think more high-quality research right after the new alpha drops will show dramatically higher numbers than 3%. Maybe not 30% but definitely in the 10%+ region. Even 3% is more fair than madmole's 1% though.

the pool and discussion Sylen referred to are from 11\2017, shortly after A16.4 dropped

Archived