When will A17 experimental be released 3?

Roland

When will A17 experimental be released 3?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. When will A17 experimental be released 3?

• Monday September 3
    • Monday September 10
    • Monday September 17
    • Monday September 24
    • Monday October 1
    • Monday October 8
    • Monday October 15
    • Monday October 22
    • Monday October 29

People think their cryquitting is going to make any difference to the game.

If you took out all of the whiners, all the cryquitters and the wewantitnow’ers, this thread would be about half it’s size.

There is nothing wrong with criticism, especially if they reasonably explain it. What I don't understand is why people have to whiteknight the devs as if its their life? They're grown adults, I am sure they can take it.

While I agree with you, I also believe there is a place for it. Lighting a fire under people's ass often times has a positive effect. Criticism, although positive is preferred, lead to action. Imagine if there was no pressure or if TFP wasn't held to a certain standard for releases? An argument could be made that these people are important. They are communicating their quite understandable displeasure with the product they have.

I agree, there is a place for it, but it’s not here.

I believe TFP hold themsleves to a high enough standard already, otherwise we’d have a broken, buggy version of A17 already. All these people are doing is breeding negativity.

I check this thread numerous times everyday, just for a hint of an update. All i ever seem to see though, is sulky, whiny posts from people who feel like they’re entitled to something because they were ‘loyal since 12.5’. So what? I’ve been playing since about 14 iirc, and i’ve enjoyed every minute of it. I still play every so often now too, but not as much. I’m waiting for A17 to drop because the game is epic.

If cryquiting and ‘logging off’ get’s rid of the little brats, then good riddance.

I check this thread numerous times everyday, just for a hint of an update. All i ever seem to see though, is sulky, whiny posts from people who feel like they’re entitled to something because they were ‘loyal since 12.5’. So what? I’ve been playing since about 14 iirc, and i’ve enjoyed every minute of it. I still play every so often now too, but not as much. I’m waiting for A17 to drop because the game is epic.

"Entitled". There is that word again, not sure if you realize that people pay MONEY for this game so they should be able to criticize it if they want.

ONE whole year since the last update. Not even for bugfixes (especially ones that are gamebreaking). It's obvious that people would get get bored and want more content. Hell, because its been a whole year people think the devs have abandoned the game, not aware this place exists. Which is pretty reasonable.

While I agree with you, I also believe there is a place for it. Lighting a fire under people's ass often times has a positive effect. Criticism, although positive is preferred, lead to action. Imagine if there was no pressure or if TFP wasn't held to a certain standard for releases? An argument could be made that these people are important. They are communicating their quite understandable displeasure with the product they have.

Right now WITH the pressure TFP have continually extended the time between alphas and each experimental was delayed. So to me it seems that pressure isn't working, At all.

-----

I think this would be the right moment for a caricature with all the TFP developers sitting on small fireplaces, chatting and roasting marshmellows over a pile of ice cubes

There is nothing wrong with criticism, especially if they reasonably explain it. What I don't understand is why people have to whiteknight the devs as if its their life? They're grown adults, I am sure they can take it.

What I don't understand is why people have to black skulldugger at the devs as if this is your life. You are grown adults (I think), so go find something better to do.

Yeah, I am trying not to be whiny, but man, I think it's so ♥♥♥♥ing much, if you know what i mean. Its been 1.3 years since the last update, and TFP didn't even decide when they are going to throw the build to us. I lost the hype for this alpha because of the over focus on the graphics and the lack of communication between TFP and its community that will fight to the death for it.

This update took a lot of beloved elements that made 7 days to die what it is now, but honestly it's too much.

Only a video can ease the pain away.

- - - Updated - - -

this game is not dead , maybe to some it is but to others it still a fun game, go play empyrion ;)

Can we just stop this 'go play other game' thing or read a book or go something to fill your time? Jesus, just stop.

The game isn't dead. 6000 players average on Steam.

- - - Updated - - -

Right now WITH the pressure TFP have continually extended the time between alphas and each experimental was delayed. So to me it seems that pressure isn't working, At all.

-----

I think this would be the right moment for a caricature with all the TFP developers sitting on small fireplaces, chatting and roasting marshmellows over a pile of ice cubes

That could be a possibility. Every single one of us was hoping for this alpha to release this month, and 99% this week as the youtubers said.

What I don't understand is why people have to black skulldugger at the devs as if this is your life. You are grown adults (I think), so go find something better to do.

And who is exactly doing that? I don't see a single user who does nothing but complaining to the devs. If anything its just multiple people complaining at once. I know there are users (such as myself) who give criticism more than praise but what exactly is wrong with that? It's not a personal attack.

And who is exactly doing that? I don't see a single user who does nothing but complaining to the devs. If anything its just multiple people complaining at once. I know there are users (such as myself) who give criticism more than praise but what exactly is wrong with that? It's not a personal attack.

The personal attacks were edited out and the offending parties given infractions. You are right that complaining is just fine which is why we leave the complaining in plain sight where anyone can read it. However, Jedo is referring to specific posts that crossed the line into blatant personal attacks. Those personal attacks were removed as were a string of posts responding in kind.

Just so you know.

The personal attacks were edited out and the offending parties given infractions. You are right that complaining is just fine which is why we leave the complaining in plain sight where anyone can read it. However, Jedo is referring to specific posts that crossed the line into blatant personal attacks. Those personal attacks were removed as were a string of posts responding in kind.

Just so you know.

Wasn't aware of these posts, I normally lurk in and out of the forums at random times of the day so I miss the majority of them. Thanks for the clarification Roland.

In addition to personal attacks, I also include those who make comments like "the devs have abandoned the game" or "the devs have a terrible business model." (I suppose these comments also could be seen as attacks.) Those are things outside the realm of the players' knowledge, and they have no business making such comments. At least, those comments do not hold any weight, and people who make such comments should expect "white knights" to come and call out their ignorance.

In addition to personal attacks, I also include those who make comments like "the devs have abandoned the game" or "the devs have a terrible business model." (I suppose these comments also could be seen as attacks.) Those are things outside the realm of the players' knowledge, and they have no business making such comments. At least, those comments do not hold any weight, and people who make such comments should expect "white knights" to come and call out their ignorance.

I disagree, you can observe a model without holding one yourself just as you can judge a piece of art without being an artist!

I think the fact that there is loads of moaning because people cant wait is a good sign, if you got a product in the window but the doors are closed and you have a horde of people banging on the windows that cant wait for the doors to open then you know loads of people really want it and the demand is real. If there wasnt and the doors were to open and all that blew in was a tumbleweed then thats a problem imo.

tdlr Loads of moaners = kinda a positive lol

I disagree, you can observe a model without holding one yourself just as you can judge a piece of art without being an artist!

Generally your statement is correct.

But only if you have all the information. You can judge a painting only if you can see it. You can judge a bussiness only if you have the numbers. With what we don't know about Early Access in general, TFP the company, and the game and development itself we can make great guessing games but not a serious evaluation.

Yeah, I am trying not to be whiny, but man, I think it's so ♥♥♥♥ing much, if you know what i mean. Its been 1.3 years since the last update, and TFP didn't even decide when they are going to throw the build to us. I lost the hype for this alpha because of the over focus on the graphics and the lack of communication between TFP and its community that will fight to the death for it.

This update took a lot of beloved elements that made 7 days to die what it is now, but honestly it's too much.

Only a video can ease the pain away.

- - - Updated - - -

Can we just stop this 'go play other game' thing or read a book or go something to fill your time? Jesus, just stop.

The game isn't dead. 6000 players average on Steam.

- - - Updated - - -

That could be a possibility. Every single one of us was hoping for this alpha to release this month, and 99% this week as the youtubers said.

like i said there are other games out there stop whining and wait for the update to be release not releasing it soon wont destroy the earth

wait will the earth be destroy if alpha 17 is not release ? roland i need confirmation.

I think when you try to "judge" something on incomplete information you totally miss the point of making any opinions. You need to take into account all of the effort, what the author/s wanted to achieve and in what manner they did it.

Would like to also add something to those that compare 7DTD to Empyrion... I played the game for quite some time, but i think the weekly updates do the game a disservice (these are experimental if i remember, so you have to specifically sign up to that). Firstly, you don't know when an update will mess up your game (being incompatible with the new update), which makes you start all over (had that a couple times already). Secondly, big changes bring lots of bugs, some of which are making it impossible to advance in the game (quest related or mechanics related).

As much as the game has been enhanced for the better, i simply prefer having a final product that works (final update), because i had a few situations where i spent lots of time in some places, trying to trigger the action forward. Not to mention how things constantly change in the game and sometimes you log in after a week and you don't see a difference (because you're not that far ahead) and sometimes it's really messed up (because of RWG changes or some bugs) and you have to start over again.

I think the fact that there is loads of moaning because people cant wait is a good sign, if you got a product in the window but the doors are closed and you have a horde of people banging on the windows that cant wait for the doors to open then you know loads of people really want it and the demand is real. If there wasnt and the doors were to open and all that blew in was a tumbleweed then thats a problem imo.

tdlr Loads of moaners = kinda a positive lol

I'll hold up meganoth's response to your first part.

As to the rest, it is a sign that the demand is real, but that doesn't help with the production of the product. Or to use your example, the doors are still going to open at the time when the store opens regardless of how many people are outside shouting to be let in.

I will say that I don't see what this has to do with what I was talking about. I'm not concerned with people clamoring for TFP/A17, but with the content of their clamor. Suppose that we were standing in line for Apple's release, and people started banging on the doors saying, "Open the doors now! We've been camping out here for three whole days!" or "Apple is a terrible company because they aren't giving us the product when we want it!" or "Apple should hire better public relations people who would be out here with us answering our questions or giving us tidbits to keep us calm!" or "Apple must not have enough money if it has taken them this long to get out this product. It's been a year since their last release!" If I heard those things, I would tell those people that their comments are stupid, and I would point out why that is true. Then they would call me a "fan boy" or a "white knight," and I would laugh at them and point out that they are the ones who were camping outside for three days.

Maybe that example has gone on long enough and I have made my point clearly.

To think ... When A16 was finally released ( now 14 months ago ), MM stated clearly that they TFP did not want such a long release anymore. And they had been looking at a short 3 months release.

At this rate A17 is going to double the time that it took to get A16 out.

Worst of all is how many people stopped playing because of the expected A17:

a) they feared that a new Alpha was around the door, so why risk losing your save.

b) Content in A16 was mild at best. Not much mid or end game content. A17 looks to be even worse on new content.

People also forget that when A17 comes out, the bugs also come out. As a result, manpower will be spend on fixing those bugs. So A18 looks great at maybe 2 years after A17 release?

Worst of all is how many people stopped playing because of the expected A17:

Maybe it's best of all. Taking a break for 4-6 months and then coming back to it will make it feel fresh and fun. So that's good for the players.

Since there is no subscription required for playing it's really not a "worst of all" scenario for TFP either.

When the game updates all those who own it will get that notification and then they can choose to try it or not. Doesn't really matter how long it's been. I just got notified that Portal 2 got updated. It was something small and stupid but I loaded it up and played it for a bit even though it's been years since I last played.

Bottom line is if the gameplay is compelling it will recapture people's attention no matter how long it has been. And.....

The gameplay is compelling.

When you say July 2018, and then push it back to January-March 2019... Is that what they call a fail?

What do you call it when a baby is two weeks past its "due date"? What do you call it when a book or movie release gets pushed back? What do you call it when the final season of Game of Thrones comes out two years after the penultimate season?

This isn't that difficult, people...

Perhaps a reminder of these selected relevant forum rules are in order (which I doubt many people have actually read)---

Release Date Harassment

Please refrain from spamming the forums requesting information regarding update releases. Civil discussion regarding updates is allowed, and The Fun Pimps want the community to be excited for future updates, but request that you do so in a respectful manner and do not continually request information that the developers and moderation team have already answered or placed a restriction on answering. Furthermore, please do not private message the developers or moderation team requesting information about the update's release schedule. This information will become available with time, and will be available in the developer diary section of the "News & Announcements section of the forums for that particular update.

Doom and Gloom

Do not post predictions of failure regarding the future status of The Fun Pimps LLC, and their games. Statements about the company or it's games failing are demoralizing for the community and do not constitute constructive negative feedback. Do not post accusations of any developer lying to the community or planning to abandon the game. These are libelous comments and unwelcome on the forum and will result in an automatic 3 day suspension from the forums.

When you say July 2018, and then push it back to January-March 2019... Is that what they call a fail?

I wasn't saying 4-6 months from now. The person I responded to said his friends stopped playing a long time ago so I was counting backwards from Sept/Oct meaning the last 4-6 months of not playing can be good because when A17 drops it will feel fresh.

So... I'll let myself comment again, which i don't normally do that often...

I could compare 7DTD to Terraria in the terms of waiting long. 1.3.5 update was in April 2017 and we are all waiting eagerly for 1.3.6 - without harsh words, bad emotions, etc. I have not noticed anything like that in the forums. The difference is of course that Terraria has already launched long time ago and they don't post any info about the release date (although the spoilers they post... OMG!), but still it is way different than on here.

Secondly, i have played 7DTD in various ways... Vanilla, various mods, making different types of bases and all that... At some point i got bored of doing the same things and stopped playing. I came back after a few months only to have new kinds of fun with the game.

There will be bugs when A17 launches, but considering how TFP (just like Re-Logic is keen on doing) try to deliver the best product (update), i am sure they won't be cumbersome and we will have lots of fun in the upcoming months. The reason i come back to this game is not only that it is great, but also TFP try to adhere to high standards (and it is really hard in this industry) and the community is wonderful... Mostly...

So... I'll let myself comment again, which i don't normally do that often...

I could compare 7DTD to Terraria in the terms of waiting long. 1.3.5 update was in April 2017 and we are all waiting eagerly for 1.3.6 - without harsh words, bad emotions, etc. I have not noticed anything like that in the forums. The difference is of course that Terraria has already launched long time ago and they don't post any info about the release date (although the spoilers they post... OMG!), but still it is way different than on here.

Secondly, i have played 7DTD in various ways... Vanilla, various mods, making different types of bases and all that... At some point i got bored of doing the same things and stopped playing. I came back after a few months only to have new kinds of fun with the game.

There will be bugs when A17 launches, but considering how TFP (just like Re-Logic is keen on doing) try to deliver the best product (update), i am sure they won't be cumbersome and we will have lots of fun in the upcoming months. The reason i come back to this game is not only that it is great, but also TFP try to adhere to high standards (and it is really hard in this industry) and the community is wonderful... Mostly...

Kudos to you. We all want the game but different people process waiting in different ways. You and I choose to be patient and relish the thought that we will be having fun with another iteration of a fantastic game.

Others choose to be complete and utter BLEEP...well...let's just say Mommy might need to change their diapers again because the maturity levels and ability to be patient seem to lean that direction.

It kinda reminds me of the old joke where an old bull and a young bull were standing on a hill looking down at all the beautiful cow babes at the bottom. The young bull says "hey old fart...let's run down there and have our way with one of those cow babes!" The older bull snorts and says "lets walk down and have our way with them all". (you can substitute "have our way" with cruder language if you wish :D )

Archived