Big mods comparison

RagefulShrimp

Tried them all, with Darkness Falls being the one I'm playing now.

They are all good in different ways imo. It really comes down to what kind of mood your in once you give them all a go.

Anyway this is the best thing about each mod imo.

1. Undead Legacy: UI is amazing, best item descriptions, best loot game.

2. WotW: Best zombie hoards, Best "get up and running" experience.

3. Ravenhearst: Best "tortoise wins the race" experience, best special zombies.

4. Darkness falls: Best trader and quest systems, best RWG so far.

5. Valmod: Best vanilla plus experience. Best streamline.

6. True Survival: Best all around hardcore experience. Best class system for feeling unique.

7. Starvation: Best trans-formative experience. Almost a sequel.

Of course they have some negatives as well, but what doesn't. :amen:

Tried them all, with Darkness Falls being the one I'm playing now.

3. Ravenhearst: Best "tortoise wins the race" experience, best special zombies.

:

Didn't try play this with friends. Yes, there are many cool new stuff, zombies, etc, and gameplay is interesting enough. But after playing 20 hours solo I quit this mod. It just make me tired...

I wan't to try out one of the big mods but have no idea what to choose as there is a lot of them and their description looks mostly the same for me(more loot/gear/recipes/zombies/ores e.t.c.).

It would be helpful if anyone could give a feedback on any of these mods:

1) Undead legacy

2) Wotw

3) Ravenhearst

4) Darkness Falls

5) Valmod

6) True survival

7) Starvation

I'm looking for a brief description and their comparison to vanilla/other mods.

Each new alpha, i play two new alpha (mods)

1-CLASSIC Style HARDCORE

and

2-Gnamod

all others mods ................. (i feel its just copy-past)

I wan't to try out one of the big mods but have no idea what to choose as there is a lot of them and their description looks mostly the same for me(more loot/gear/recipes/zombies/ores e.t.c.).

It would be helpful if anyone could give a feedback on any of these mods:

1) Undead legacy

2) Wotw

3) Ravenhearst

4) Darkness Falls

5) Valmod

6) True survival

7) Starvation

I'm looking for a brief description and their comparison to vanilla/other mods.

giphy.gif

• 2 weeks later...

From that list, I have played Valmod, True Survival and Starvation. All both in SP and MP.

To me Starvation has the best balance between added difficulty, added content and performance, with relative few bugs or issues. It really prepares you well for the next release of the vanilla game.

1) Undead legacy

Haven't played. Watched streams and it looks gorgeous with the unique UI. Avoid if you don't like inventory clutter and needing TONS of storage, though.

2) Wotw

Played. Got bored pretty fast because you get everything handed to you very quickly and ... yeah. Loot inflation. On the other hand, some people enjoy that, and if you're one of them, definately give it a try.

3) Ravenhearst

My favourite. This mod demands a bit more effort out of you, the player. Both in terms of how structured you are, and how much you study and learn how the mod works before you get into it. It's fully playable in SP. You just got to know what you're doing and use your time efficiently. This can be stressing to some, while for me and many others it's the ultimate survival experience in 7dtd. I'd like to adress some of the issues some people have posted about:

1) Impossible in SP? Not really. I enjoy my SP a lot, and have no problems. You just have to know what you're doing and not to stupid stuff like scrapping ranger hats before you have a miner's helmet or lighted military helmet, eating dry ramen noodles or other things that can be refined, or go out at night until you're strong enough. (tip: spend your early nights mining!)

2) Crafting lag - you can mostly eliminate this by using some tricks such as favourites and filtering on nonsense text

3) Bullet sponges - this mod requires that you gain some good weapons and fighting perks before you can count on downing zombies like a Rambo. Until then, use your legs and fight only when you have to.

4) Grindyness - yes indeed. Some love it, some don't. I'm usually level 30 by day 14 on 120 minute days. Yeah, that's 28 hours, but guess what? I grind iron only at night underneath my base, which gives me enough iron to keep the early game going. During the days i loot, explore, loot and loot some more, and am having tons of fun. And suddenly you're at 30 and mining speeds up quite a lot.

4) Darkness Falls

Haven't played and only watched Kage play. Looks like a lot of fun! I love the trader base thing. Not sure what I think about the 4 skill pts per level, but it seems balanced by skill point loot, a 'la Valmod?

5) Valmod

Played. I love this one! Probably my second favourite after Ravenhearst. It was my first mod (other than some backpack mods) and it blew my mind! Can strongly recommend this as your first mod. I would say it's a bit more than Vanilla Plus, actually. It adds classes, a ton of recipies and a new way of gaining skill points, which you may or may not like.

6) True survival

Haven't played, nor watched.

7) Starvation

Played. Died several times to animals on day 1. Once I got over that hurdle, the mod opened up and seems pretty fantastic with all the things you can do! It's been a long time since I played, so some issues might be fixed, but I do remember things i didn't like was the food spoiling quickly (like Kage said) and some wonkyness with the electricity system, which reuses some of their pre-A16 electrical stations. Still, if i could wrap my head around it all and had more time, I'd probably give this mod a spin again sometime.

• 2 months later...

I have only played(playing right now)True survival and let me tell you, it is BRUTAL and completely unforgiving!

However since I have no reference apart from the vanilla game(which after 1100 hours is boring and has no challange left), so i can only give a few points here.

There is a class system which is good, more recpies, POI's, building materials etc.

There is no lower wellness cap at 70 anymore, once you hit zero, the game is over and you have to start a new one!

You have to change your strategy from vanilla 180 degrees.

I restarted the game about 30 times before I started to get into it, but boy is it fun to play!

here are some tips that will save you alot of restarts...

-Run away from as many walkers as you can, have a no confrontation policy, once you get into trouble, it snowballs!

-Only create and drink Goldenrod tea, it gives you wellness and is better than regular boiled water.

-Use protine servings and Veggie serving to make Large Kabobs to eat, they give 1.2 wellness a pop and are relativly easy to make!

-Do not traverse the map without a minibike, you will die(and maybe you forgot to place a bedroll, in that case it's over), once you die in the bush, you will be very lucky to get back to your pack, without having been killed 2-3 times trying to get there.

Hope this helps!

• 2 months later...

For longer times "Experimental Recipes" was also a very nice modpack. I tested know for some houres and its totaly not balanced anymore. :(

with a stoneaxe you cant get open a normal wodden door ^^. Maybe i havent understod the way to open doors now but hey. 6.000 HP for a Door and in the config i have saw 0.01 damage wtf.

I have make a 20 instead the 0.01 and know its worked but ^^. year.

I hope he work, if the a17 is out again on his pack.

Archived