Mining helmet

RagefulShrimp

This helmet seems unbalanced. It's a must have item which you can't replace. Even during a day flashlight is useful inside buildings.

I see a two ways to give people reasons to use other helmets(just more damage reduction is not enough):

1) Remove mining helmet completely. Kinda cruel fix but it would work.

2) Make a flashlight attachable to any helmet or to a body armor.

I would really like to see every helmet have the option of attaching a flashlight, but make it cost duct tape to do so somehow. Then have using the light drain the durability of the flashlight so that you have to recharge/repair it.

I can't see why they don't allow for carrying a flashlight in your other hand. That would then allow you to carry a club, pistol or anything one handed and still have light. That would give a reason to carry a pistol even when you have an SMG or a shotgun.

But currently you can attach a flashlight to any gun so once you have them you have light and a weapon. So It's only when you use bows, melee weapons and tools that you need the miner's helmet. And no other helmet will get used.

This helmet seems unbalanced. It's a must have item which you can't replace. Even during a day flashlight is useful inside buildings.

I see a two ways to give people reasons to use other helmets(just more damage reduction is not enough):

1) Remove mining helmet completely. Kinda cruel fix but it would work.

2) Make a flashlight attachable to any helmet or to a body armor.

What do you mean, you can't replace it? A football helmet, electronics and a few other parts and you can make a new helmet, or forged iron, repairs the helmet I'm fairly certain. Also I just use the helmets when I'm pretending to be a mole now, I do a lot more night work now that stealth works well, and sing praises to RNGJesus when I finally find my first NV goggles.

What do you mean, you can't replace it? A football helmet, electronics and a few other parts and you can make a new helmet, or forged iron, repairs the helmet I'm fairly certain. Also I just use the helmets when I'm pretending to be a mole now, I do a lot more night work now that stealth works well, and sing praises to RNGJesus when I finally find my first NV goggles.

He means that the utility of having a light vastly outweighs the benefits or having head armor.

Archived