Grim's Unity Asset Editor

grimreefer24601

I moved to a different computer and it is working fine. I'll troublshoot the original computer and let you know if I find the reason for the crashes. Once again, GREAT JOB! Robert [SIZE=2][I][QUOTE]Grim, It is only the texture files. Text shows and audio displays "wave". I have the latest version of direct x installed. Can and have been playing 7dtd. Regards, Robert Quote Originally Posted by grimreefer24601 View Post You can run the program from any directory. UAE doesn't care. If it's only textures your having problems with it might have something to do with Direct X. Although I would think if you're running 7D2D you'd have the appropriate DX runtimes. You could try downloading and installing the latest Direct X. It shouldn't have anything to do with running the service pack if everything else is working. First though try downloading UAE again. It's possible something happened in the download. Completely delete every early file you have, and only use the new ones. You shouldn't have to mess with any of the DLLs with the latest download. [/QUOTE][/I][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=grimreefer24601;37542]Thanks for the opinions on format. I'm still thinking FBX will be best, but it may slow down my release of that particular plugin. X files and NIF aren't supported natively by any of the modeling tools I have (3DSMAX, Milkshape, and Blender). DAE (means great in Korean) is a nice file type with wide support (Milkshape can't import it, but can export it), but it's a large format to learn. FBX has a free SDK from AutoDesk, and it can export FBX, DAE, and OBJ. Sure I have to learn it, but any format other than X I'd have to learn. @rhawkins: Sorry, I'm at a loss as to why you can't load textures. My suggestion for now is to wait for v0.2, and see if that helps. It's got a few changes to the texture plug-in that may help. After I get that released, if your still having problems, I make up some test plug-ins that may help me check out what's going wrong. Finally, as an update, I'm nearly finished integrating a mod packaging system using the plug-in system. Really, now I'm just working on the package installer that the end user would use to install the mod. I've also decided to release the XML decrypter with v0.2. People are already modding their games and griefing people without UAE. UAE may make some of that easier for people making griefing mods, but not really easier for those who use them since a Google search and quick download will give you the same results. XMLs are the heart of modding, so holding it back from everyone because some people cheat seems ridicules. If you use it to cheat, you're a jerk, but you were a jerk before that and were probably cheating anyway. So, keep a look out for v0.2. Maybe this weekend.[/QUOTE]Nice. I think I may just release the mods for Pickup Containers when the new version comes out (look forward to using/testing the mod packer). Really needs a new name as I'm tweaking a few more of the items that don't normally drop stuff on destruction. Maybe More Destroyed Item Drops would be a better name by the time I'm done (example, tree branches should now drop wood sticks instead of nothing on the version I am working on).

I'm glad you are adding xml support even if it makes the creation of cheats easier. At the end of the day security is always a one step forward two steps back process. With the ability to allow more people to easily create mods I am absolutely certain that more good then harm can come from this seeing as how the ability to cause harm is always just a Google search away.

[QUOTE=grimreefer24601;37542]Thanks for the opinions on format. I'm still thinking FBX will be best, but it may slow down my release of that particular plugin. X files and NIF aren't supported natively by any of the modeling tools I have (3DSMAX, Milkshape, and Blender). DAE (means great in Korean) is a nice file type with wide support (Milkshape can't import it, but can export it), but it's a large format to learn. FBX has a free SDK from AutoDesk, and it can export FBX, DAE, and OBJ. Sure I have to learn it, but any format other than X I'd have to learn. Finally, as an update, I'm nearly finished integrating a mod packaging system using the plug-in system. Really, now I'm just working on the package installer that the end user would use to install the mod. I've also decided to release the XML decrypter with v0.2. People are already modding their games and griefing people without UAE. UAE may make some of that easier for people making griefing mods, but not really easier for those who use them since a Google search and quick download will give you the same results. XMLs are the heart of modding, so holding it back from everyone because some people cheat seems ridicules. If you use it to cheat, you're a jerk, but you were a jerk before that and were probably cheating anyway. [/QUOTE] Cool. Blender recently expanded their support of FBX, so I expect more will come thorough intact now. I have always felt as you do about mods and cheaters. A slice of griefers will be promoted to cheaters as a result of releasing UAE, but a slice of potential modders will also be enabled. The game will become so very, very much cooler. In time, enabled modders will reduce the sting of cheating and griefing because proctor and admin mods will be written. TFP is focused on making content now. Users should be able to look out for their best interests. This is all so very awesome. Were I not in the throes of a 4-month-long hell week. Do cool stuff... or get enough sleep to function? It's a tough call.

I'm not totally ready to make my 100% release of v0.2, but it seems that Alpha 7 broke v0.1. Sadly it all came down to file name length. I had allocated for 64 byte file names, and the new Alpha has two 68 byte file names. I've doubled the lenghth, so hopefully that wont be an issue again. The editor portion of v0.2 is ready, but I've been updating some of the plugins, and they're not totally ready. For now I'm giving out an early version for those that can't wait, and want to help test. Be aware, it has some bugs. Make backups of anything you edit, and of course let me know your results. I'm including both the new texture plugin and the old one. If you have issues with the new version you can use the old version. The new version adds some features, and remove some bugs, but it also added some bugs that I haven't worked out yet. Namely it exports some of the files with weird colors, and it crashes on some items. Also included is the Mod Creator plugin. It's basically finished, but the unpacker isn't ready yet. Last, it's got the XML decrypter included. Have fun. Happy Modding. Download is only on Media Fire until I get the final release ready. [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/download/ksa0kn1qnzzvvuk/UAE_0_2.zip"]UAE v0.2[/URL]

Hello Grimreefer24601, I'm sorry, I have wasted your time.. it was a .Net framework conflict... After reinstall .Net 4.5 everything done. Your software seems to work fine. I must learn about how to use "Mod creator". Thanks again ! ps: Your private inbox is full :)

The mod creator isn't finished yet. Actually, it kind of is, but the installer isn't ready yet. It's mostly just a preview at this point, but when I do the final v0.2 release it will be ready. The directory is where you select what folder to look for the asset files when installing. It should be set at a folder that contains the assets, but it also searches sub folders for the files. So for 7 Days to Die it would be set for Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die. You could set it to Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps, but it would conflict with other Unity Games in the Steam folder. The verify file should be set to the executable, or any unique file, that resides in the install directory. The installer looks for the file before it will write the assets, and fails if it can't be found. Same goes for being able to find all the asset files. If they can't be found it fails. Most of this could be done by searching the registry, but I think this is a bit easier for an end user, rather than finding a programs GUID. It's still subject to change at this point

[QUOTE=grimreefer24601;41591]The mod creator isn't finished yet. Actually, it kind of is, but the installer isn't ready yet. It's mostly just a preview at this point, but when I do the final v0.2 release it will be ready. The directory is where you select what folder to look for the asset files when installing. It should be set at a folder that contains the assets, but it also searches sub folders for the files. So for 7 Days to Die it would be set for Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die. You could set it to Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps, but it would conflict with other Unity Games in the Steam folder. The verify file should be set to the executable, or any unique file, that resides in the install directory. The installer looks for the file before it will write the assets, and fails if it can't be found. Same goes for being able to find all the asset files. If they can't be found it fails. Most of this could be done by searching the registry, but I think this is a bit easier for an end user, rather than finding a programs GUID. It's still subject to change at this point[/QUOTE] Let me see if I understand. As a mod creator I would not set the Mod Directory or Verify File? Just curious as it seems if the mods are hard coded to a path that would be problematic (say for example when the game is in D:\Games (Steam)\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die ) I think I'll have to wait till it is ready with the final and revisit that part.

What you want to do is select the standard path for the game. The person installing the mod has the option to select a different path. The installer automatically finds the drive that program files is on, but it only takes the drive information from that. It's because of a weird quirk of looking for program files on a 64 bit machine from a 32 bit app. The verify file is totally optional, but it's used to make sure the appropriate director is selected. If it doesn't find that exact file in that exact place it fails.

With the new patch 7.2 I figured I'd check this out now that there shouldn't be an update for at least a week. As soon as I click a texture based file it crashes. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: Unity Asset Editor.exe Application Version: 0.0.0.0 Application Timestamp: 53114869 Fault Module Name: Texture.dll Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 531149ad Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 000021de OS Version: 6.2.9200.2.0.0.256.48 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: 73f0 Additional Information 2: 73f08f514a7e991b9c47930c4d810c85 Additional Information 3: a060 Additional Information 4: a06027ea570cd261692627751ab552c4

[QUOTE=mrscratch;42999]With the new patch 7.2 I figured I'd check this out now that there shouldn't be an update for at least a week. As soon as I click a texture based file it crashes. [/QUOTE]All textures or some? I'm not seeing that issue with A7.2 (b2) and the updated version from this post: [url]http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?5030-Grim-s-Unity-Asset-Editor-V0-1&p=39614&viewfull=1#post39614[/url]

There are two texture editors at the moment. One reason for this is the random crash. I never get one selecting a texture, but sometimes when importing/exporting I do. Usually only when debugging. If you're having trouble with the new plugin try the old one. It should still work as it always did, but it has some issues as well.

I don't understand what the issue is on my end. I've tried both the old and the new and every time I click on a texture I get the same crash. Here is the report for the old version. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: Unity Asset Editor.exe Application Version: 0.0.0.0 Application Timestamp: 53114869 Fault Module Name: Texture.dll Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 531149ad Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 000021de OS Version: 6.2.9200.2.0.0.256.48 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: 73f0 Additional Information 2: 73f08f514a7e991b9c47930c4d810c85 Additional Information 3: a060 Additional Information 4: a06027ea570cd261692627751ab552c4 EDIT: I found a temporary solution. If I open the mod creator window I can click on the texture files. I am assuming the issue revolves around trying to load the image in question into the editor. Also how do I export the texture files into something more editable? Everything appears to export as a unity .data file.

For some reason I can't seem to find the edit button on my previous post. Anyways so I guess the only way I can export into DDS is to get the plugin to load when I click on the texture in question. However both the old and the new texture plugins cause a crash when I click on them. Is there some prerequisite that is required to download in order to get these to function that has been overlooked?

Someone on page 2 has this exact same error and it was overlooked. Perhaps this relates to windows 8? Faulting application name: Unity Asset Editor.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x53114869 Faulting module name: Texture.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5307b684 Exception code: 0xc000041d Fault offset: 0x0000202e Faulting process id: 0xbbc Faulting application start time: 0x01cf38a4900de299 Faulting application path: C:\Users\Scratch\Desktop\UAE\Unity Asset Editor.exe Faulting module path: C:\Users\Scratch\Desktop\UAE\Plugins\Texture.dll Report Id: e06f0acf-a497-11e3-be89-d43d7e5027e5 Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID: - System - Provider [ Name] Application Error - EventID 1000 [ Qualifiers] 0 Level 2 Task 100 Keywords 0x80000000000000 - TimeCreated [ SystemTime] 2014-03-05T18:56:37.000000000Z EventRecordID 5980 Channel Application Computer ****** Security - EventData Unity Asset Editor.exe 0.0.0.0 53114869 Texture.dll 0.0.0.0 5307b684 c000041d 0000202e bbc 01cf38a4900de299 C:\Users\Scratch\Desktop\UAE\Unity Asset Editor.exe C:\Users\Scratch\Desktop\UAE\Plugins\Texture.dll e06f0acf-a497-11e3-be89-d43d7e5027e5 EDIT2: It actually crashes twice. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: Unity Asset Editor.exe Application Version: 0.0.0.0 Application Timestamp: 53114869 Fault Module Name: Texture.dll Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 5307b684 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 0000202e OS Version: 6.2.9200.2.0.0.256.48 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: 73f0 Additional Information 2: 73f08f514a7e991b9c47930c4d810c85 Additional Information 3: 60a0 Additional Information 4: 60a03dfac83cbfbcb5d83dfd500f14d1 Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: Unity Asset Editor.exe Application Version: 0.0.0.0 Application Timestamp: 53114869 Fault Module Name: Texture.dll Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 5307b684 Exception Code: c000041d Exception Offset: 0000202e OS Version: 6.2.9200.2.0.0.256.48 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: 0fc4 Additional Information 2: 0fc44c87c19778097520f0e2f5f450ad Additional Information 3: 8738 Additional Information 4: 8738e63a39737f33294a1d721af32aef

Suggestions to try: Right-Click > run as administrator Move UAE out of the desktop to a non-user folder (example c:\UAE\ ) Start > run > sfc Unfortunately the EventID 1000 is a very generic MSFT error message (even though they know of nearly 200 direct causes that should get their own error they haven't changed it).

[QUOTE=Red Eagle LXIX;43122]Suggestions to try: Right-Click > run as administrator Move UAE out of the desktop to a non-user folder (example c:\UAE\ ) Start > run > sfc Unfortunately the EventID 1000 is a very generic MSFT error message (even though they know of nearly 200 direct causes that should get their own error they haven't changed it).[/QUOTE] Tried moving it to C: and running it as administrator. Same exact issues sadly.

That explains my original issue, as it was a windows 8 computer. [QUOTE=grimreefer24601;43228]Do you have Direct X 9.0c installed? It doesn't come standard with Windows 8. It's the DX version I build with, so it's required. I thought all DX Runtime installers installed it also, but from what I've been reading, they don't.[/QUOTE]

Archived